This game would not have flopped if a Japanese company made this.

#1AstralUltraPosted 2/5/2013 5:01:58 PM
It's a proven fact that Japanese companies are better at making fighting games than Western companies. Just look at all the best fighting games, all Japanese made.The Japanese are just better at making games where deeper gameplay is more important and understand the intrinsic mechanics that go along with it.

If this game was made by the Japanese we would have gotten 10X better gameplay and RPG reps because the Japanese also understand how important RPGs are.

I knew this game was doomed from the start when I heard a random Western dev was making it.
---
PSN: MagnitudeRequiem
#2Hazmat963Posted 2/5/2013 5:02:41 PM
But Mortal Kombat 9 is one of my favorite fighting games...
---
http://livingdeadrpg.proboards.com/
#3KillDozer123Posted 2/5/2013 5:03:16 PM
You've done that joke too. Do something different.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!! XD
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#4AstralUltra(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:03:49 PM
Hazmat963 posted...

Mortal Kombat is popular in the West. Japanese fighting games are popular everywhere.

They have deeper gameplay too.
---
#5KillDozer123Posted 2/5/2013 5:04:51 PM
AstralUltra posted...
Hazmat963 posted...

Mortal Kombat is popular everywhere. Japanese fighting games are popular everywhere.

They have the same gameplay too.

I am BigKhan

Fix'd

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!! XD
---
#6AstralUltra(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:06:43 PM
Saying Japanese fighters have the same gameplay as Western fighters is an insult to Japanese fighters.

I think I will report you for trolling and harrassment.
---
#7T_l_M_B_0Posted 2/5/2013 5:07:47 PM
Dude you need to stick to parodying one troll. Trying to parody them all just makes no sense.
---
Lightning is a terrible character. Deal with it.
Official Riku of the PASBR board.
#8KillDozer123Posted 2/5/2013 5:08:56 PM
AstralUltra posted...
Saying Japanese fighters have the same gameplay as Western fighters is an insult to me.

I think I will report you for trolling and harrassment, but I can't because I'm BigKahn.

Fix'd

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!! XD
---
#9Big_KrikPosted 2/5/2013 5:09:30 PM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Dude you need to stick to parodying one troll. Trying to parody them all just makes no sense.
#10xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/5/2013 5:10:39 PM
TC has a point, ya'll should seriously stop denouncing this opinion.

Japanese fighters are undoubtedly superior to Western fighters in terms of depth and balance development. This is a huge reason why even Americans prefer Japanese fighters over Western ones. In fact, I can't even think of many western fighters outside of MK?

This also would have had a HUGE impact on the roster. Square Enix and maybe if Team ICO would most likely had been more compliant with a familiar, Japanese developer than a Greenhorn Western developer.
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.