This game would not have flopped if a Japanese company made this.

#11KillDozer123Posted 2/5/2013 5:12:15 PM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
TC has a point, ya'll should seriously stop denouncing this opinion.

Japanese fighters are undoubtedly superior to Western fighters in terms of depth and balance development. This is a huge reason why even Americans prefer Japanese fighters over Western ones. In fact, I can't even think of many western fighters outside of MK?

This also would have had a HUGE impact on the roster. Square Enix and maybe if Team ICO would most likely had been more compliant with a familiar, Japanese developer than a Greenhorn Western developer.

TC is a failtroll. Of course we're going to denounce his opinion.

If you'd posted the same thread, I wouldn't be making the comments I did.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#12xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/5/2013 5:14:41 PM
KillDozer123 posted...
TC has a point, ya'll should seriously stop denouncing this opinion.

Japanese fighters are undoubtedly superior to Western fighters in terms of depth and balance development. This is a huge reason why even Americans prefer Japanese fighters over Western ones. In fact, I can't even think of many western fighters outside of MK?

This also would have had a HUGE impact on the roster. Square Enix and maybe if Team ICO would most likely had been more compliant with a familiar, Japanese developer than a Greenhorn Western developer.

TC is a failtroll. Of course we're going to denounce his opinion.

If you'd posted the same thread, I wouldn't be making the comments I did.

Denounce the troll then, not the opinion.

Notice how I praised the individual's opinion. NOT the individual themself ;)
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#13SnovvbubPosted 2/5/2013 5:15:10 PM
Soul Caliburrr it's cold in here
---
<Starfire for Injustice - Gods Among Us>
InFAMOUS 1 >>> InFAMOUS 2
#14KillDozer123Posted 2/5/2013 5:16:50 PM
Denounce the troll then, not the opinion.

Notice how I praised the individual's opinion. NOT the individual themself ;)

Trolls do not have opinions, they only have jokes.

Sadly, this troll tells the same jokes over and over again, which is why he is unsuccessful and boring.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#15SilentProtagPosted 2/5/2013 5:19:42 PM
I disagree. Just because a lot of good fighters are Japanese, doesn't mean Japanese fighting game developers are inherently better. lol

I do agree that it MAY have been easier for a Japanese developer to get rights to Square Enix characters and stuff (Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider), but who knows. they could have very easily had the same exact problems.
#16xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/5/2013 5:28:28 PM
SilentProtag posted...
I disagree. Just because a lot of good fighters are Japanese, doesn't mean Japanese fighting game developers are inherently better. lol.

Logistically speaking, they are.

If I had to fully explain it, I would go on for about 5 pages in this topic (not lying)... But I don't have that kinda time. So I'll try to compress it as neat and tightly as I can.

Japanese developers understand the mentality of fighting game fans better. I didn't just surmise that statement, either. This truth is evident in every Japanese fighter that has been released, barring of course a few exceptions (there are never any absolutes). In comparison, look at the progression of a game like MK.

MK I and II were undoubtedly extremely popular and actually could compete with Japanese fighters. After that, there was the ugly cesspool of a mess that was III through Armageddon, It wasn't until 2011 that Netherrealm Studios was able to bring relevance back into the MK brand, and even now it is not as popular as the relevant Japanese fighters (just look at the lineup of this year's Evo).
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#17IngSlayerPosted 2/11/2013 8:31:30 AM
Kat's floppy feet.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#18Vanitas_RemnantPosted 2/11/2013 8:49:01 AM
Elite Japanese? Is that you?
---
I feel a draft on my butt