FFA Stock is the most slept on game mode in this game

#1PirateKing290Posted 2/5/2013 10:22:52 PM
I have such a blast playing this, I can play all the character I want freely and train with them, wittle down my opponent's stocks and be left with an epic 1v1.

BUT WEEELER! THERE'S SO MANY RAGE QUITTERS~

Well boohoo, how about you be an example and call people out when they ragequit as host, and make sure you NEVER ragequit as host.

If I'm not mistaken, player 1 is always host yeah? So just don't leave. If you die first everytime then you just suck at FFA :T

You want change, start with the man in the mirror.

Anywhoo, everyone go play some FFA Stock tomorrow so we can run into each other
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#2ciberrajaPosted 2/5/2013 10:25:19 PM
PirateKing290 posted...
If I'm not mistaken, player 1 is always host yeah?

Unless they changed that in the last patch, you are wrong. Many times Ive been the P1 only to dominate and get the "lost connection to host" error.
---
Remember to check for typos and grammar mistaeks.
#3PirateKing290(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:26:27 PM
Oh :o.

Well then...just hang in there if people dont have much stock left?
---
#4ZidaneskiPosted 2/5/2013 11:02:07 PM
I try to only decrease everyone's lives to one before I finish every one at once with a level 3.
#5Link versus CloudPosted 2/6/2013 1:52:31 AM
A lot of times you can go 1-2 and beat two people who go 5-3 in this mode because of this garbage.

Example:

player A gets level 3 and gets 4 kills (-1 to player B, -1 to player C, -2 to player D)
player B gets level 3 and targets player A who is in the lead for 4 kills (-2 to A, -1 to C, -1 to D eliminated)
player A builds up level 1 and hit confirms on player B (who is in the lead) (-1 to B)
player A builds up to another level 1.
player B realizes player A is the best and needs to eliminate him so he hit confirms into level 1 (-1 to A eliminated)
Player D is garbage and has only managed to get enough AP for a level 1 all this time, but he uses it to hitconfirm on player B for the win...

I see this garbage happen in FFA stock all the time.

FFA stock is a heavily broken mode in this game. You are actually rewarded for NOT getting kills in this mode. Its best to horde AP and wait for everyone else to kill each other so you have more AP when it gets down to the end.
---
Not changing this sig until Cleveland wins a title started 6/2/07
#6PirateKing290(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:00:55 AM
I dunno bout you but I always aim to get a bunch of kills because Im always practicing hit confirms and set ups in this mode. Winning or losing doesn't make me mad here, I just want to get most kills or top 2.
---
#7Chzrm3Posted 2/7/2013 12:34:09 AM
Link versus Cloud posted...
A lot of times you can go 1-2 and beat two people who go 5-3 in this mode because of this garbage.

Example:

player A gets level 3 and gets 4 kills (-1 to player B, -1 to player C, -2 to player D)
player B gets level 3 and targets player A who is in the lead for 4 kills (-2 to A, -1 to C, -1 to D eliminated)
player A builds up level 1 and hit confirms on player B (who is in the lead) (-1 to B)
player B realizes player A is the best and needs to eliminate him so he hit confirms into level 1 (-1 to A eliminated)
Player D is garbage and has only managed to get enough AP for a level 1 all this time, but he uses it to hitconfirm on player B for the win...

FFA stock is a heavily broken mode in this game. You are actually rewarded for NOT getting kills in this mode. Its best to horde AP and wait for everyone else to kill each other so you have more AP when it gets down to the end.

Naw, you're rewarded for not getting killed. If you pick a dude who dodges supers well and you play smart, you'll be sitting pretty in the eventual 1 v 1.

I think stock in PSASBR is pretty fun, yeah. =) If you ever wanna play and I'm on, Weeeler, feel free to inv. We had some fun matches back in the day.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#8Charizard18Posted 2/7/2013 12:37:56 AM
FFA isn't really very practical for more reasons than just the rage quitters. It's very, very fun, just not practical for competitive play.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#9Link versus CloudPosted 2/7/2013 11:15:03 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Link versus Cloud posted...

Example:

Naw, you're rewarded for not getting killed. If you pick a dude who dodges supers well and you play smart, you'll be sitting pretty in the eventual 1 v 1.

I think stock in PSASBR is pretty fun, yeah. =) If you ever wanna play and I'm on, Weeeler, feel free to inv. We had some fun matches back in the day.

Its not really that easy to dodge supers though. A lot of people have level 3s that you really can't dodge and unless you air camp all match, you will eventually either have to combo someone or be combo'd and when that happens its a perfect chance for someone else to kill you with a level 1/2.

I just don't think stock is really viable for FFA for this game because you lose something for getting a kill (AP). Its not like smash bros where you didnt have to sacrifice something for kills (and stock FFA was viable). The bigger problem is really none of the modes are viable for FFA. Kill Limit is biased towards hit confirm characters and its possible to win a match before someone even gets a chance to use a level 3. Time is probably the best mode but that causes campers and runaways (as does 2v2 time).

I think the only real viable modes in this game are 2v2 kill limit and stock. I prefer stock personally.

1v1 Stock/time limit might be viable too but of course half the cast is useless and its horribly imbalanced as of now.

Obviously if you want to just screw around for fun you can play any mode but I think besides 2v2 kill limit and stock, nothing is useful for competitive play.
---
Not changing this sig until Cleveland wins a title started 6/2/07
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 2/7/2013 11:22:00 PM
im currently sleeping with 2v2