Missing Sony Characters From this game

#21Drag0nBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:42:49 PM
_krat0s_ posted...

Kratos went from tragic hero to poor boy with major daddy issues who caused all the problems he ever had. He was nothing more then a 1 dimensional character who should not real emotions and whenever he did emote, it was laughable at best.
that was the point, which i think you missed. he was never supposed to be a 'tragic hero' ...... he sought revenge on those who promised to cleanse him of the nightmares of his past which he caused...
It was bad writing no matter the point. It was fan fiction quality and given the ending of 3, they still hoped people would have cared about his original reason for being a dick. Also, revenge felt tacked on given how Gow1 transitioned into GoW2. He went to war because he wanted to cry and the gods punished him for being bad. What does he do? kill them. perfect logic.

Also, the forced sex minigames were pointless most of the time and came off in bad taste.
they were for the lulz
And stopping a fight with a giant monster to get laid really was needed. It was pointless placed and poorly executed.

Oh. and they really messed up greek mythology to make Kratos work the way he did. Overall, it had no redeeming value and left a bad taste in peoples mouth.
it was never suppsoed to be an accurate depiction of greek mythology, maybe names and likenesses, but lets not forget its fiction
Taking Hec and turning him into a whimp that is mad at kratos for again, daddy issues, is terrible writing. It is just as bad as making Darth Vader dance to the Han solo song.

The only saving grace was the gameplay, which was tight and well constructed. But when you attach great mechanics to a turd story, you are still driving a turd,
to each his own. i recall people only having a problem with the cliffhanger ending, because it made no sense.

Also:
This was done a long long time ago.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/no-redeeming-value

but it did sum up alot of peoples views on the subject.
---
I make video games.
#22_krat0s_Posted 2/5/2013 11:48:47 PM
Drag0nBlade posted...
_krat0s_ posted...

Kratos went from tragic hero to poor boy with major daddy issues who caused all the problems he ever had. He was nothing more then a 1 dimensional character who should not real emotions and whenever he did emote, it was laughable at best.
that was the point, which i think you missed. he was never supposed to be a 'tragic hero' ...... he sought revenge on those who promised to cleanse him of the nightmares of his past which he caused...
It was bad writing no matter the point. It was fan fiction quality and given the ending of 3, they still hoped people would have cared about his original reason for being a dick. Also, revenge felt tacked on given how Gow1 transitioned into GoW2. He went to war because he wanted to cry and the gods punished him for being bad. What does he do? kill them. perfect logic.

Also, the forced sex minigames were pointless most of the time and came off in bad taste.
they were for the lulz
And stopping a fight with a giant monster to get laid really was needed. It was pointless placed and poorly executed.

Oh. and they really messed up greek mythology to make Kratos work the way he did. Overall, it had no redeeming value and left a bad taste in peoples mouth.
it was never suppsoed to be an accurate depiction of greek mythology, maybe names and likenesses, but lets not forget its fiction
Taking Hec and turning him into a whimp that is mad at kratos for again, daddy issues, is terrible writing. It is just as bad as making Darth Vader dance to the Han solo song.

The only saving grace was the gameplay, which was tight and well constructed. But when you attach great mechanics to a turd story, you are still driving a turd,
to each his own. i recall people only having a problem with the cliffhanger ending, because it made no sense.

Also:
This was done a long long time ago.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/no-redeeming-value

but it did sum up alot of peoples views on the subject.

we're really just fighting over opinions..... you feel that way, i feel that god of war was one of the best action adventure games ive ever played.....and im an old school gamer...
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Not changing this until Tomba is revealed for PSASBR 7/30/12
PSASBR Main: Sackboy/Heihachi. Msg to IcyFlamez: No U
#23Drag0nBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:50:41 PM
_krat0s_ posted...

we're really just fighting over opinions..... you feel that way, i feel that god of war was one of the best action adventure games ive ever played.....and im an old school gamer...

I would say there is more then opinion. I think that God of war's game mechanics were designed good, but the story is awful and a turd.
---
I make video games.
#24taoxadasaPosted 2/6/2013 12:17:33 AM
Top 10 Sony characters that I'd like to see the most:

Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter)
Dart (Legend of Dragoon)
Robbit (Jumping Flash!)
Rudy Roughnight (Wild Arms)
Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
Chimera (Resistance)
Ico and Yorda (ICO)
Toan (Dark Cloud)
Ari & King Stan (Okage: Shadow King)
Captain Blasto (Blasto)
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#25Drag0nBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:45:27 PM
taoxadasa posted...

Dart (Legend of Dragoon)
Robbit (Jumping Flash!)
Chimera (Resistance)
Ico and Yorda (ICO)
Toan (Dark Cloud)
Captain Blasto (Blasto)

Similar to my list.
But no to Toan. He was boring. Monica is better. Also need more females.
---
I make video games.
#26_krat0s_Posted 2/7/2013 1:39:20 AM
taoxadasa posted...

Dart (Legend of Dragoon)
Robbit (Jumping Flash!)
Chimera (Resistance)
Ico and Yorda (ICO)
Toan (Dark Cloud)
Captain Blasto (Blasto)

i love shadow of the colossus Taox, but wander is a boring ass character...

need some tomba in dis b****
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Not changing this until Tomba is revealed for PSASBR 7/30/12
PSASBR Main: Sackboy/Heihachi. Msg to IcyFlamez: No U