Why do so many people whine at this game for its super system when...

#11zxelmanPosted 2/6/2013 9:14:17 AM
Heck the first Dissidia had so much content it made me really want it. The sequel is freaking amazing with how much you had and what characters you had, despite the Zack rant people do.

I will bet you, that if Playstation All-Stars had ANYWHERE close to the amount of content Dissidia has, this game would've made trolls look stupid instead of wary.

In fact, now that I think about it, I'm going to go ahead and weep on how empty the content feels in PSASBR in comparison to Dissidia. I'm going to go play that instead actually.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Xelorx.png
You don't want to be famous for your trophies. Hakoom is an example of this.
#12spyder1845Posted 2/6/2013 9:32:15 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
spyder1845 posted...
lucapit posted...
Ssbb4 is coming soon! Be prepared to witness the downfall of this game..hahaha..thanks fir reading.

I hope it can be fully playable like the vita version of this on the 3ds, with added benefit of 3ds being used as a controller . Then I'm just buy a 3ds. Don't Want to buy the Wii u just for smash(though I did that for the Wii and the game hadn't left my console since I bought it) . I haven't looked into the Wii u so I don't know if I can still use game cube controllers , but you'll have to pry the wavebirds out of my cold, dead, hands.

I really hope they don't do this. It held PSASBR back, I'd hate to see it hold Smash back, too.

I was really hoping Smash on the 3DS would just be an N64 port with 8 more characters added in from across the franchise. How cool would it be to play as Marth or Diddy in the N64 version? : D

How did it hold P sabre back? I'm just looking for an excuse to not drop a bunch of money on a next gen system.. Heh
#13PrismsbladePosted 2/6/2013 9:35:05 AM
webbc99 posted...
Your statement only applies to basically one or two characters in Dissidia, who have very strong BRV games, and work well by getting 9999 BRV and oneshotting someone.

Dissidia 012 had an amazingly brilliant roster, solid voice acting, great stages, very deep combat, assists, summons, the awesome Ex Modes...

Dissidia is also 3D, and only 1v1.

That was the true definition of a fan service game, and it's simply amazing for what it is, the amount of content in the sequal is ridiculous.

So yeah, basically the two games are barely alike, and Dissidia is one of the best fighting games ever made, and definitely the best fan service game I've ever played.

Your exp was the exact opposite of mine, the single player bored me to tears , though the character interaction were fun to watch I just couldn't sit through everything inbetween due to its repetitiveness, and with no friends to play with I just returned it, perhaps the biggest waste of money I ever spent on a handheld game
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#14blaze19_0XPosted 2/6/2013 9:36:47 AM
That's actually why I never got into Dissidia either from the little I watched/played of it. The combat just seemed too shallow and bland.

Now if you are asking why it still sold well regardless:

1. FF characters. It was pure fanservice for the rather large FF fanbase and was not missing any important characters.
2. It had a lot of RPG elements which makes sense because it was appealing to the RPG crowd. A proper story mode, lots of grinding and leveling up etc.
#15blaze19_0XPosted 2/6/2013 9:39:01 AM
spyder1845 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
spyder1845 posted...
lucapit posted...
Ssbb4 is coming soon! Be prepared to witness the downfall of this game..hahaha..thanks fir reading.

I hope it can be fully playable like the vita version of this on the 3ds, with added benefit of 3ds being used as a controller . Then I'm just buy a 3ds. Don't Want to buy the Wii u just for smash(though I did that for the Wii and the game hadn't left my console since I bought it) . I haven't looked into the Wii u so I don't know if I can still use game cube controllers , but you'll have to pry the wavebirds out of my cold, dead, hands.

I really hope they don't do this. It held PSASBR back, I'd hate to see it hold Smash back, too.

I was really hoping Smash on the 3DS would just be an N64 port with 8 more characters added in from across the franchise. How cool would it be to play as Marth or Diddy in the N64 version? : D

How did it hold P sabre back? I'm just looking for an excuse to not drop a bunch of money on a next gen system.. Heh

They had to make sure the game's were identical on both systems for crossplay.

But the PS3 is a lot more powerful than the Vita. Which means the game could have been a lot better from a technical standpoint if they didn't have the Vita limitation.

However, we don't know what the budget was like and this seemed like a low-moderate budget game so it might not have made a difference.
#16spyder1845Posted 2/6/2013 10:01:16 AM
Makes sense... but a 2d fighter...
#17iori_iezziPosted 2/6/2013 10:44:05 AM
People like to cry... I like it better than having a health bar the fills up till you suddenly fly away.

Although that would have been a fun alliterative mode