PSASBR debuts at #5 in Japan sales charts

#1Raven-ZPosted 2/6/2013 8:18:57 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/389618/japan-ps-all-stars-battle-royale-enters-chart-at-no5/

The last horse crosses the finish line. Hopefully we'll get some JRPG characters as DLC.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#2Dark_MetalSonicPosted 2/6/2013 8:21:42 AM
looks like a good start, hoping for more japanese characters
#3SimsyasPosted 2/6/2013 8:41:33 AM
11k copies sold. Vita 5k copies sold.

That's not good, guys.
#4deathpapayaPosted 2/6/2013 8:46:18 AM
Simsyas posted...

Ofc, the game was always gonna be dead, both in Japan and teh US.

Anyone who ever thought otherwise was deluded.
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#5SimsyasPosted 2/6/2013 8:51:04 AM
deathpapaya posted...
Simsyas posted...

I'm not disagreeing. They would have sold a little more if they dropped the price, this game still has way too many bugs and broken things like the belt/title system. The first few weeks in Japan are very important for sales to take off, after that it slowly drops down.

At least the game can be fun (but also very frustrating), I'm not regretting my purchase, even though everything is undercooked.
#6deathpapayaPosted 2/6/2013 8:58:32 AM
Simsyas posted...
deathpapaya posted...
Simsyas posted...

I'm not disagreeing. They would have sold a little more if they dropped the price, this game still has way too many bugs and broken things like the belt/title system. The first few weeks in Japan are very important for sales to take off, after that it slowly drops down.

At least the game can be fun (but also very frustrating), I'm not regretting my purchase, even though everything is undercooked.

None of that would make much of a difference.

It failed because the roster wasn't appealing to the general public.

This is like tripply so in Japan, what 3 of the characters Japanese? Parrapa, Raiden, heihachi and Toro?
---
Steam: Emophia PS3: Emophia Vita: Kitikat XBL: Genophia
#7blaze19_0XPosted 2/6/2013 9:00:13 AM
Simsyas posted...

That's not good, guys.

This. 5th place doesn't mean much when the numbers are this low. This is pretty awful, especially since the PS3 and fighting games in general are pretty popular over there.
#8SimsyasPosted 2/6/2013 9:05:47 AM(edited)
Yeah, those 4 and Spike. It would have been better if they waited until Kat was ready to ship as DLC and put her on the cover as well along with the Japanese characters. They could use all the sales they can get, no way that it would do 100k+ but come on, 11k is really low. :/
#9xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/6/2013 9:27:18 AM
Japan is ultimately the deciding factor for Santa Monica's motivation for continuing on with the game, believe it or not.

A VERY lackluster debut, all you can hope for is that sales dramatically (and I mean, DRAMATICALLY) pick up the pace or this game will be dead in the water before the next quarter starts.
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#10Raven-Z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:21:08 AM
You know if this had Cloud and/or Sora it would've sold millions. They could've made them on-disc DLC and slapped them loud and proud on the cover.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.