PSASBR debuts at #5 in Japan sales charts

#11Chzrm3Posted 2/6/2013 11:24:27 AM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
Japan is ultimately the deciding factor for Santa Monica's motivation for continuing on with the game, believe it or not.

A VERY lackluster debut, all you can hope for is that sales dramatically (and I mean, DRAMATICALLY) pick up the pace or this game will be dead in the water before the next quarter starts.

Yeah, that makes sense. They were probably hoping that the unorthodox fighting system would appeal to Japan's audience... but they forgot to put in more than 4 characters Japan would even like. : / Also, I'm sure that putting the new Dante was an even bigger deal in Japan than here, because that's a Japanese character being replaced by a European character. They must've been livid.

Incidentally, look at how well AC is selling. XD It's been out for a while now and it's still making a ton of money for Nintendo.

If there's not an AC character in the next Smash, I swear I'm gonna $#@% my pants.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#12InninXIPosted 2/6/2013 11:29:54 AM
Raven-Z posted...
You know if this had Cloud and/or Sora it would've sold millions. They could've made them on-disc DLC and slapped them loud and proud on the cover.

That was a huge IF to begin with. Disney wont give out Sora for a fighting game. Thats why he wasn't in Dissedia. Cloud was dead in the water because SE hates fans and also Dissedia.
---
PSN: YoninXI
Fat Princess Main: "Cake Please!"
#13KillDozer123Posted 2/6/2013 11:32:02 AM
Yes, because 5 is SUCH a low number. XD

Haters gonna hate....logic. X3
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#14blaze19_0XPosted 2/6/2013 11:38:57 AM(edited)
KillDozer123 posted...

Are you really this thick? Or this much of a fanboy?

Look at how much it actually sold. The only reason it's that high on the placings is because it was a slow week for Japan.
#15xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/6/2013 11:43:23 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
KillDozer123 posted...

Look at how much it actually sold. The only reason it's that high on the placings is because it was a slow week for Japan.

---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#16BkzUziPosted 2/6/2013 12:02:19 PM
People are forgetting that if you buy the ps3 version, you Get the VITA version for free.
#17Chzrm3Posted 2/6/2013 12:28:36 PM
KillDozer123 posted...

Ahh, KD. It's gonna be okay, buddy. =(
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#18KillDozer123Posted 2/6/2013 1:03:57 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
KillDozer123 posted...

Great counter, but as usual it fails. XD

You shouldn't jump to conclusions. Just because someone likes the game doesn't make them a fanboy. ;-)
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
#19Chzrm3Posted 2/6/2013 1:23:11 PM
KillDozer123 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
KillDozer123 posted...

Great counter, but as usual it fails. XD

You shouldn't jump to conclusions. Just because someone likes the game doesn't make them a fanboy. ;-)

That only leaves one option. : >
---
#20fawfulmark2Posted 2/6/2013 2:22:12 PM
InninXI posted...
Raven-Z posted...
You know if this had Cloud and/or Sora it would've sold millions. They could've made them on-disc DLC and slapped them loud and proud on the cover.

That was a huge IF to begin with. Disney wont give out Sora for a fighting game. Thats why he wasn't in Dissedia. Cloud was dead in the water because SE hates fans and also Dissedia.

Sora wasn't in Dissidia because he's not a Final Fantasy character-by tht same logic,they would have to put in characters like Musashi and Aya as playable, but it' not gonna happen.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.