Confirm or Deny . Dart is not a PlayStation Icon.

#11xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/6/2013 11:39:19 AM
Confirm.

In terms of JRPG icons for the Playstation brand, Final Fantasy and, to an extent, Xenosaga and Breath of Fire take the cake when compared to Legend of Dragoon.
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#12Chzrm3Posted 2/6/2013 11:42:13 AM
The list of true playstation icons, that fans of the brand would recognize and immediately feel good about being in this game, are:

Kratos
Cloud
Crash
Spyro
Ratchet
Jak
Sly
Snake
Lara
Sora
Sackboy
Nate

Anyone else, and you have to start making concessions, excuses, explanations, etc. But a 12 man roster with those characters would've meant more to PS fans than the 20 man roster we have.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#13xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/6/2013 11:43:05 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
The list of true playstation icons, that fans of the brand would recognize and immediately feel good about being in this game, are:

Kratos
Cloud
Crash
Spyro
Ratchet
Jak
Sly
Snake
Lara
Sora
Sackboy
Nate

Anyone else, and you have to start making concessions, excuses, explanations, etc. But a 12 man roster with those characters would've meant more to PS fans than the 20 man roster we have.

Replace Sora with Cloud, add Wander, and that would be the perfect roster up there.
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#14PielordXPosted 2/6/2013 11:44:40 AM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
Chzrm3 posted...

Kratos
Cloud
Crash
Spyro
Ratchet
Jak
Sly
Snake
Lara
Sora
Sackboy
Nate

Replace Sora with Cloud, add Wander, and that would be the perfect roster up there.

???
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
#15AssassinHawkinsPosted 2/6/2013 11:46:26 AM
Legend of Dragoon was the 3rd most downloaded PSone classic from december and the 6th most dowloaded classic from PSone AND PS2. It's been downloaded more than Crash Bandicoot for crying out loud!

Has a perfect 5 stars from 3877 ratings.

And people say it isn't a classic/icon...
---
PSN: AssassinHawkins
#16Chzrm3Posted 2/6/2013 11:47:25 AM
I debated whether or not to put Wander, but I feel like he's not as instantly recognizable as the others.

Still, when you compare him to PSASBR's actual roster, he's an absolute legend. XD
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#17xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 2/6/2013 11:47:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18Chzrm3Posted 2/6/2013 11:48:14 AM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
Oopsy poopsy, didn't notice Cloud above Crash... Probably seeing two characters with 5-letter names starting with a "C" messed with my brain a little ;)

Haha, yeah, I did the list in a weird way because I wanted to mix the third parties in with the first parties to make it seem more like... they were together. Q_Q

As if it was real, or something. *sobs uncontrollably at the thought of what could've been*
---
#19blaze19_0XPosted 2/6/2013 11:51:51 AM(edited)
AssassinHawkins posted...
Legend of Dragoon was the 3rd most downloaded PSone classic from december and the 6th most dowloaded classic from PSone AND PS2. It's been downloaded more than Crash Bandicoot for crying out loud!

Has a perfect 5 stars from 3877 ratings.

And people say it isn't a classic/icon...

Digital sales don't mean a whole lot, especially on PSN. For all we know only 10K or so people actually bought it off PSN. AKA games just don't sell well on PSN.

Look up the best selling PS1 games and notice LOD is nowhere to be found.

Also you mentioned one month. What about the others?

With that being said I'd love to see an RPG rep in this game and Dart would probably be the best choice as far as first party goes. Doens't mean he's that iconic or well known though.
#20Garfield64Posted 2/6/2013 11:56:58 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
taoxadasa posted...
He's a Sony character that had a popular PS1 game. I'd say he is.

LOD was never that popular, it was overshadowed by much more popular RPGs back in the day.

ROFLMAO If we DO NOT count the recent huge surge of popularity and sales the direct download version got and ONLY count PS1 sales

It sold

THAT is, Legend of Dragoon, the "never that popular" game. Sold 4.5 times more copies then Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. PS, Sir Daniel MediEvil didn't even sell half that.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!