Confirm or Deny . Dart is not a PlayStation Icon.

#31AstralUltraPosted 2/6/2013 12:14:30 PM
Confirm. If a game sells poorly it's not worth playing and it should not be represented. I only play games that sell the best.
---
PSN: MagnitudeRequiem
#32AssassinHawkinsPosted 2/6/2013 12:14:56 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Garfield64 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
taoxadasa posted...
He's a Sony character that had a popular PS1 game. I'd say he is.

LOD was never that popular, it was overshadowed by much more popular RPGs back in the day.

ROFLMAO If we DO NOT count the recent huge surge of popularity and sales the direct download version got and ONLY count PS1 sales

It sold

THAT is, Legend of Dragoon, the "never that popular" game. Sold 4.5 times more copies then Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. PS, Sir Daniel MediEvil didn't even sell half that.

That's because PSASBR flopped. Obviously it sold way more. I never said LOD flopped, it just wasn't that popular

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_video_games

So as you can see LOD is not even in the top 80 of best selling PS1 video games.

So while 1.2 million sounds like a lot, it's really not that much relatively speaking on the Playstation where software support was so high.

"This is an incomplete list, which may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it withreliably sourced entries."

It sold 1.86 mill placing it just above Spider-Man. I'll add it to that Wikipedia article when I get home.
---
PSN: AssassinHawkins
#33blaze19_0XPosted 2/6/2013 12:26:40 PM
Where are you guys getting 1.86 million from anyway?

inb4VGchartz

Either way, even if it actually sold that much that means it barely makes top 50. Still hardly one of the most popular PS titles.

Again I would not mind Dart making it in, I actually want him, but you can't exactly use sales or his popularity to justify it because he's clearly lacking there relatively speaking.
#34Chzrm3Posted 2/6/2013 12:27:00 PM
Honestly, it's kind of a moot point to argue this and I'm not sure why this thread exists. XD

Dart would've been a better character to add than BD, Raiden, Dante, the second of the Coles, Nariko, Emmett Graves, Kat, and FP, hands down. That's about a third of the roster than he's pretty much objectively more important than.

On top of that, he represents an entire genre of games that's extremely important to Playstation, that Superbot completely ignored.

So, is he a Playstation Icon? No. Would he have single-handedly saved this game? No! But he should have been in this game over a sizeable chunk of the characters they picked, that's for sure. And he would have been easy to get, considering he's a first party character and Sony exclusively owns the IP.

Instead of making a deal with Capcom that basically made DMC fans hate this game and not want to buy it, they should've just picked up Dart for free. : /

Or instead of being biased and shoving Fat Princess in the game, they should've just dropped in Dart instead. Would've been cool if when they announced the initial six, one of them was an RPG rep, y'know? Sure, an old RPG rep, but it's still a showing of good faith.

If the only thing different about the roster was Dart, the game still would've died. But I'd be willing to bet it'd have sold a bit better, especially in Japan, if they straight up replaced Dante with Dart.

Seriously, that new Dante is producing nothing but hate. The sales for the new DmC game were pretty weak compared to other DMC's and those boards are still seething with hated. ._. I didn't think it was a big deal, but yikes...
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#35blaze19_0XPosted 2/6/2013 12:29:40 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Honestly, it's kind of a moot point to argue this and I'm not sure why this thread exists. XD

Dart would've been a better character to add than BD, Raiden, Dante, the second of the Coles, Nariko, Emmett Graves, Kat, and FP, hands down. That's about a third of the roster than he's pretty much objectively more important than.

On top of that, he represents an entire genre of games that's extremely important to Playstation, that Superbot completely ignored.

So, is he a Playstation Icon? No. Would he have single-handedly saved this game? No! But he should have been in this game over a sizeable chunk of the characters they picked, that's for sure. And he would have been easy to get, considering he's a first party character and Sony exclusively owns the IP.

Instead of making a deal with Capcom that basically made DMC fans hate this game and not want to buy it, they should've just picked up Dart for free. : /

Or instead of being biased and shoving Fat Princess in the game, they should've just dropped in Dart instead. Would've been cool if when they announced the initial six, one of them was an RPG rep, y'know? Sure, an old RPG rep, but it's still a showing of good faith.

If the only thing different about the roster was Dart, the game still would've died. But I'd be willing to bet it'd have sold a bit better, especially in Japan, if they straight up replaced Dante with Dart.

Seriously, that new Dante is producing nothing but hate. The sales for the new DmC game were pretty weak compared to other DMC's and those boards are still seething with hated. ._. I didn't think it was a big deal, but yikes...

Agreed 100%. Though I would only say he's better than Raiden because it's the new Cyborg Raiden from a game that's not even out nor is exclusive to PS.
#36_EggplantWizardPosted 2/6/2013 12:47:34 PM
Who is Dart?
---
Currently playing Borderlands, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Kirby Super Star, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.
#37esak1erPosted 2/6/2013 12:51:49 PM
_EggplantWizard posted...
Who is Dart?

Confirm
---
PSN-KASE1ER
Currently Playing,PSASBR (Radec) VF5-FS (Jeffrey) TTT2 (Paul & Miguel),
#38ConradimusPrimePosted 2/6/2013 1:20:10 PM
Can't confirm or deny, because that implies hard fact with evidence, which I have neither

However, I will agree. Dart is in NO way an "all star". He's a forgotten character from a forgotten game.

Also, RPGs are really really boring. Menus, menus and more menus. Zzzz
---
http://nefworks.blogspot.com
#39Chzrm3Posted 2/6/2013 1:22:38 PM
ConradimusPrime posted...
Also, RPGs are really really boring. Menus, menus and more menus. Zzzz

I'd bet 10,000 dollars that this is how every single developer at Superbot feels, too. XD

When an RPG character was brought up in their design meetings, they probably all started laughing and saying "HAHAHA, what would he do, pick his moves from a menu? LOLOLOL"
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#40KillDozer123Posted 2/6/2013 1:35:30 PM
AstralUltra posted...
Confirm. If a game is made it's not worth playing and it should not be represented. I never play games because I'm BigKahn.

Fix'd.
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!