Confirm or Deny . Dart is not a PlayStation Icon.

#41DB-RBPosted 2/6/2013 12:43:58 PM
confirm as i don't even know who he is and i own every NA ps1 game ever released.
---
The official Drake, Toro, and Sir Daniel of the PSABR boards.
#42_EggplantWizardPosted 2/6/2013 1:08:55 PM
esak1er posted...
_EggplantWizard posted...
Who is Dart?

Confirm

Seriously. I've heard of The Legend of Dragoon. I've even seen friends play it. ...but who in the heck would see this guy, Dart, as an icon? I had to read through the other posts just to find out who he was. ...and I've played many games spanning many systems, so I'm not new to the scene or anything.
---
Currently playing Borderlands, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Kirby Super Star, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.
#43atopthemountainPosted 2/6/2013 1:11:35 PM
Confirm...
who the hell is dart?
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#44Lexmark1989Posted 2/6/2013 1:15:12 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
taoxadasa posted...
He's a Sony character that had a popular PS1 game. I'd say he is.

LOD was never that popular, it was overshadowed by much more popular RPGs back in the day.

Except that's not true at all, LOD is still popular and it was back then as well. It wasn't even overshadowed at the time. People may not know who dart is by name but they know LOD and the game and that's all that matters.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#45Lexmark1989Posted 2/6/2013 1:18:04 PM
SmallSpock posted...
Confirm. Characters from dead franchises are NOT icons.

MediumMcCoy posted...
Confirm. His IP's dead, Jim. How is that an icon?

WeeScotty posted...
I say deny.

Will the mods please ban this guy! He's using like 5 alt accounts and gets away with it even when its clear that its him. Making alt to try and prove a point isn't cool dawg.
---
#46Killua553Posted 2/6/2013 1:21:21 PM
Confirm, being a character in a decent Sony game doesnt make you an icon. same reason why Abe isnt an icon.
#47Lexmark1989Posted 2/6/2013 1:22:47 PM
Killua553 posted...
Confirm, being a character in a decent Sony game doesnt make you an icon. same reason why Abe isnt an icon.

So what makes a character an all-star then? People always say this and that but this is always the most important question of all. What makes a character and all-star?
---
#48SSj7CloudSPosted 2/6/2013 1:52:55 PM
DB-RB posted...
confirm as i don't even know who he is and i own every NA ps1 game ever released.

So you're both an idiot and a liar, got it.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Grandia II, Muramasa the Demon Blade, Metroid Other M, Ratchet and Clank.
PSN: jext77
#49mjc0961Posted 2/6/2013 1:55:01 PM(edited)
Considering he's so not an icon that I don't even know who the hell he is, confirm. An icon is somebody you know instantly. Someone even people who aren't big gamers would recognize. Mario is an icon. Dart is not.

Lexmark1989 posted...
Killua553 posted...

So what makes a character an all-star then? People always say this and that but this is always the most important question of all. What makes a character and all-star?

What makes a character an all star is irrelevant. The question was is Dart an icon. What makes a character an icon is very clearly defined and thus the answer is no. Sorry if you can't understand something so simple.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#50RagnawindPosted 2/6/2013 1:55:07 PM
Deny. The game was actually pretty popular as some people have said. Sony also had plans for making a sequel, but after the director left, they scrapped the project for unknown reasons, proving it was popular enough for sequel. This news is from last year in April, I think it was.
Confirm.

In terms of JRPG icons for the Playstation brand, Final Fantasy and, to an extent, Xenosaga and Breath of Fire take the cake when compared to Legend of Dragoon.

As far as I know, the game is supposed to be Playstation exclusive, which have characters from 1st party developed games, unless they personally requested and received permission from 3rd party developers to use their characters. I would have rather had them stick to just Sony 1st party developed games, though, for the characters.