Confirm or Deny . Dart is not a PlayStation Icon.

#51blaze19_0XPosted 2/6/2013 2:59:08 PM(edited)
Lexmark1989 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
taoxadasa posted...
He's a Sony character that had a popular PS1 game. I'd say he is.

LOD was never that popular, it was overshadowed by much more popular RPGs back in the day.

Except that's not true at all, LOD is still popular and it was back then as well. It wasn't even overshadowed at the time. People may not know who dart is by name but they know LOD and the game and that's all that matters.

Read my posts after that.

His game is very far from the best sellers on Playstation 1. At most LOD barely makes top 50.

The Final Fantasy games averaged like 8-11 million sales. LOD sold 1.2-1.8 million. Yes it was overshadowed.

However, he is still more deserving than a good chunk of the current cast. Especially being an RPG rep.
#52MrElgawargPosted 2/6/2013 2:57:54 PM
I honestly don't care if he is or not. If people want him, then that seems like reason enough for him to be in. I mean, I was hyped to see Sir Daniel get added, and he's pretty obscure compared to some other possible choices. Even so, he's one of my favorite characters on the PSone, and that's why I wanted to see him. Regardless as to what others think, I see Sir Daniel as a Playstation icon, so I can see why others would see Dart as one.

If Ness can be in Smash Bros, I see no reason why Dart can't be in Playstation All Stars.
#53mjc0961Posted 2/6/2013 2:58:52 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Dart would've been a better character to add than BD, Raiden, Dante, the second of the Coles, Nariko, Emmett Graves, Kat, and FP, hands down. That's about a third of the roster than he's pretty much objectively more important than.

ITP: Someone who doesn't know what objectively means.

Also, stupid move including Raiden on your list. Raiden actually is well known. Well known because people hate him, but well known regardless. He's certainly closer to icon status than some random guy from an old RPG nobody remembers.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#54KindertotenwaldPosted 2/6/2013 3:00:49 PM
Deny I know most characters but didn't know who he was before this board, although I have heard of the game.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#55blaze19_0XPosted 2/6/2013 3:01:15 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
Dart would've been a better character to add than BD, Raiden, Dante, the second of the Coles, Nariko, Emmett Graves, Kat, and FP, hands down. That's about a third of the roster than he's pretty much objectively more important than.

Also, stupid move including Raiden on your list. Raiden actually is well known. Well known because people hate him, but well known regardless. He's certainly closer to icon status than some random guy from an old RPG nobody remembers.

Except this game has Cyborg Raiden, not the well-known Raiden. From a game that's not even out yet and is multi-platform. And he's basically a completely different character now.
#56MaroziPosted 2/6/2013 3:03:56 PM
Confirm.

Dart has less personality than a cardboard cut-out of Michael Jordan.
---
Watch your back. Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. NEVER cut a deal with a dragon. XBox: Oceansouldog
#57KindertotenwaldPosted 2/6/2013 3:05:15 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
mjc0961 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...

Except this game has Cyborg Raiden, not the well-known Raiden. From a game that's not even out yet and is multi-platform. And he's basically a completely different character now.

Cyborg Raiden come now, there is no one who knew MGS4 raiden that wouldn't know MGR Raiden if they hadn't of see nit.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#58judgementaeonPosted 2/6/2013 3:13:35 PM
Uhh, I don't even know who he is, but apparently, by a lot of people I know, he is o_o
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec
Got Anarchy Reigns, it's kind of fun actually :D
#59McDohl MRPosted 2/6/2013 3:20:40 PM
Dart is not a PlayStation Icon.

Deny.

And most people (general public - casual gamers) have never even heard of him, before.

Confirm.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#60blackart1111Posted 2/6/2013 3:20:48 PM
esak1er posted...
_EggplantWizard posted...
Who is Dart?

Confirm

Red dragon knight from Legend of Dragoon.Would be a cool choice sure but i'd rather see Ryu from Breath of Fire if i was given a choice. =)
---
Psn = Blackart27
I like to keep it simple. :)