Confirm or Deny . Dart is not a PlayStation Icon.

#91Kageblade23Posted 2/6/2013 6:44:25 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
AssassinHawkins posted...
Legend of Dragoon was the 3rd most downloaded PSone classic from december and the 6th most dowloaded classic from PSone AND PS2. It's been downloaded more than Crash Bandicoot for crying out loud!

Has a perfect 5 stars from 3877 ratings.

And people say it isn't a classic/icon...

Digital sales don't mean a whole lot, especially on PSN. For all we know only 10K or so people actually bought it off PSN. AKA games just don't sell well on PSN.

Look up the best selling PS1 games and notice LOD is nowhere to be found.

Also you mentioned one month. What about the others?

With that being said I'd love to see an RPG rep in this game and Dart would probably be the best choice as far as first party goes. Doens't mean he's that iconic or well known though.

really i think vahn noa and gala are more iconic than dart and any one of those would be a better/more interesting choice
#92Kageblade23Posted 2/6/2013 6:51:52 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
justdontask posted...
deny, but i can confirm he is not an "all-star"... all-stars should be in at least more than only one game... if youre an all-star, you should be all over the place... not left to rot in only one game...

But rpg characters are usually only in one game. Wasn't ness only in one game?

more often than not YEs... Unless there are spinoffs like crisis core dirge of cerberus kingdom hearts 1 2 3 or any of the spinoffs may not be completely the same characters but they are somehow connected those are a few examples im sure there are a few more out there
#93brett695Posted 2/6/2013 6:57:41 PM
Deny, Dart is definitely a Playstation icon. Legend of Dragoon is one of my all time favorites, it ranks right up there with FF7 funny thing is me and a friend were saying just last night that they should put him in and he should have been in the original line up.
---
"Use brings about wear, tear, and rust, and that's a real waste." Angeal Hewley. Crisis Core
#94primusninePosted 2/6/2013 7:07:48 PM
Very iconic.

MC of the best PS1 era RPG ever.
#95SolKarellenPosted 2/6/2013 7:23:42 PM
I've never really fathomed that FF7 sold nine times the amout of Xenogears. Huh.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#96ArmedDragoonPosted 2/6/2013 10:15:52 PM
Anyone who cares about semantics that have long been disproven and made meaningless by other characters in the very same roster (lol sure Nariko is a Playstation Icon, we all know how great and remembered Heavenly Sword is) needs to get out more, Dart would have only helped the game and that's all that matters.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#97Chzrm3Posted 2/6/2013 10:25:57 PM(edited)
ArmedDragoon posted...
Dart would have only helped the game and that's all that matters.

^^^

Well said, and I agree.

Minamo posted...

Come on, no Spike? And it's missing Abe, I bought the PS1 because of him.

Oh, don't get me wrong. There are characters I love that aren't on that list. I really love Parappa, Spike, Sir Dan and Cole, for example. I also absolutely love Ico, Katamari, Dark Souls and Dark Cloud, and would've been thrilled if those got represented.

I'm just saying that those 12 characters are pretty much the only ones that people can't question as far as PS icons. Nobody who's complaining about the roster has ever said "Wow, why does this game have Kratos and Ratchet?"

I've actually seen a fair number of people whining about the fact that Abe was apparently even being lined up for DLC. So when you go down to that next batch of characters, there's going to be people that don't appreciate them.

And quite frankly, that's fine. Smash has that, too. There are people who are butthurt about characters like Wolf, Lucas, Toon Link, the abundance of Pokemon, etc.... but ultimately, they still bought Brawl because it covered its main bases. Once you've got the main characters, you can go for the side ones and try to please as many smaller fanbases as possible.

PSASBR didn't get that far, which is why I made that little list.

---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#98Garfield64Posted 2/7/2013 5:05:32 AM
50/1248 = 4%

So The Legend of Dragoon being in the top 50 best sold PS1 games. Mean it was in the Top 5% of games sold for the PS1 period.

That = Popular
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#99SSBR10Posted 2/7/2013 6:39:05 AM
Confirm.

Though that's not to say that the game isn't popular among PS and RPG fans but "iconic" is too strong of a word for Dart. But if Legend of Dragoon was released before Final Fantasy VII, then it would've been a different story.

Chzrm3 posted...
Dart would've been a better character to add than BD, Raiden, Dante, the second of the Coles, Nariko, Emmett Graves, Kat, and FP, hands down. That's about a third of the roster than he's pretty much objectively more important than.

On top of that, he represents an entire genre of games that's extremely important to Playstation, that Superbot completely ignored.

Dart is really no different from most of those other characters you just mentioned. In fact, Raiden and Dante are still more important than him. That's not to say he's not a good choice but lets be honest, when it comes RPG and Sony PS characters, Dart isn't really that high on the recognition level. So really, I don't see how you'd have a problem with characters like Nariko, Emmett Graves, Kat, and Fat Princess but is somehow okay with Dart.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#100Dr_Jungy_BrogenPosted 2/7/2013 7:54:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]