Have we seen the last of SuperBot Entertainment?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Have we seen the last of SuperBot Entertainment?
2 years ago#1
Have we seen the last of SuperBot Entertainment? - Results (51 votes)
Yes. No one's going to want to hire a studio with only a flop under its belt.
23.53% (12 votes)
No, they'll just become a regular dev studio.
27.45% (14 votes)
No, they'll do low-budget indy hipster freeware nonsense.
37.25% (19 votes)
No, Sony forced them off PSAS so they can work on PSAS2. ^_^
11.76% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Poll Time!
2 years ago#2
I think they might release a game for PSN or something. For all we know, they might actually have some sharp design sensibilities when it comes to indie titles.

They should definitely hire a graphic designer who's skilled with UI stuff, though. One thing all successful indie games on PSN/XBLA/Steam seem to have in common is that they're visually gorgeous. From Limbo to Journey to even Castle Crashers, they all make the PSASBR menus look like amateur hour.

Superbot has a long way to go before they're the award-winning studio that they advertise themselves as (and it makes me sad to say that, it truly, truly does =( ) but, I think if they're serious, they can make something of themselves.

I just really hope they don't ever try to make Heavenly Sword 2. Seriously, wtf.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
2 years ago#3
Superbot will never EVER make another game for a big company again. I would not be surprised if they are being disbanded as we speak.

This is a tough industry and no one wants to invest in failures.
---
PSN: MagnitudeRequiem
2 years ago#4
I was gonna say no TC but when you put it like that.... :(
---
If it defecates, urinates, or rudely barks orders, I have no issues with crushing its skull.-Shale
2 years ago#5
Chzrm3 posted...
I think they might release a game for PSN or something. For all we know, they might actually have some sharp design sensibilities when it comes to indie titles.

They should definitely hire a graphic designer who's skilled with UI stuff, though. One thing all successful indie games on PSN/XBLA/Steam seem to have in common is that they're visually gorgeous. From Limbo to Journey to even Castle Crashers, they all make the PSASBR menus look like amateur hour.

Superbot has a long way to go before they're the award-winning studio that they advertise themselves as (and it makes me sad to say that, it truly, truly does =( ) but, I think if they're serious, they can make something of themselves.

I just really hope they don't ever try to make Heavenly Sword 2. Seriously, wtf.

Superbot contradicted themselves from the beginning. Or at least Omar did.

He explained how they were first going to make a CTF title. But then he also said Superbot was a studio specifically formed to make this game.

Also, Superbot was never full of experts. They had like two popular FGC guys on the team who were mainly there for PR and nothing else. Seth and Clock did nothing for actual development.

The actual studio? Well take a look at Omar. His background isn't fighting games. It's those UFC titles. Lol.
2 years ago#6
AstralUltra posted...
I will never EVER make another game for a big company again. I would not be surprised if I am being disbanded as we speak.

This is a tough industry and I am BigKahn.

Fix'd

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!
---
They see me Kahn'in'! They Hatin'!
2 years ago#7
They'll never eat lunch in this town again.
2 years ago#8
I don't know who will hire SB with this blunder on their resume.

They can try making their own title, but I can't imagine that going so great either.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Have we seen the last of SuperBot Entertainment?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived