Countering Evil Coles tech chasing game

#21DHG_Sweep(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:15:22 PM
dabuz posted...
DHG_Sweep posted...
dabuz posted...
EC slowly gets worse and worse.

Hey. I was hoping you post in this. I posted this in the all-star arena forum and lizard says that he blocks the first frame of the oil and immediately rolls with the tick from the blocked oil combined with the roll puts him just outside of the giga punch? From just reading it it seems like inching forward just a tad after the knockdown would solve this problem if true. Was wondering if you could provide some insight on it?

Also would you be willing to have a match or two sometime? I recently picked up e Cole and id like a chance to study your approaches and what not haha.

It's weird, Ratchet's roll is soooo fast and has soooo much length that there arguably isn't enough time to inch forward after dropping oil spike to punch ratchet.

So is this unique to ratchet then? Have you had this problem with any other character? Is it possible to inch forward in time by falling forward a bit after the x2 square in the air you think?
---
Anderson Silva > Fedor. People who agree: 1
#22dabuzPosted 2/6/2013 7:20:58 PM
DHG_Sweep posted...
dabuz posted...
DHG_Sweep posted...
dabuz posted...

Hey. I was hoping you post in this. I posted this in the all-star arena forum and lizard says that he blocks the first frame of the oil and immediately rolls with the tick from the blocked oil combined with the roll puts him just outside of the giga punch? From just reading it it seems like inching forward just a tad after the knockdown would solve this problem if true. Was wondering if you could provide some insight on it?

Also would you be willing to have a match or two sometime? I recently picked up e Cole and id like a chance to study your approaches and what not haha.

It's weird, Ratchet's roll is soooo fast and has soooo much length that there arguably isn't enough time to inch forward after dropping oil spike to punch ratchet.

So is this unique to ratchet then? Have you had this problem with any other character? Is it possible to inch forward in time by falling forward a bit after the x2 square in the air you think?

The thing is, Ratchet's roll is very long and fast, i haven't fought Lizard with the knowledge I know now, but basically it's one of the few rolls that cannot be punished on pure reaction, which is how i punish everyone else's roll on the tech chase.
---
Looking for a competitive hub for Playstation All Stars? Want tournaments and events with CASH PRIZES? Visit this site: http://allstararena.com/
psn: dabuz18
#23DHG_Sweep(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:26:06 PM
dabuz posted...
DHG_Sweep posted...
dabuz posted...
DHG_Sweep posted...
dabuz posted...

The thing is, Ratchet's roll is very long and fast, i haven't fought Lizard with the knowledge I know now, but basically it's one of the few rolls that cannot be punished on pure reaction, which is how i punish everyone else's roll on the tech chase.

It sounds like its unique to ratchet because of this uberroll. Next time you fight lizard will you try the falling forward thing and telling me how it goes? Also what about dem matches? >:0
---
#24dabuzPosted 2/6/2013 7:42:01 PM
I'm playing atm.
---
Looking for a competitive hub for Playstation All Stars? Want tournaments and events with CASH PRIZES? Visit this site: http://allstararena.com/
psn: dabuz18
#25DHG_Sweep(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:29:59 PM
dabuz posted...
I'm playing atm.

I'm at work atm anyways lol. Just whenever.
---