Superbot should never have existed

#11grzajabarkusPosted 2/6/2013 11:01:34 PM
Naughty Dog told Sony, NO. They are big enough to tell their publisher what they would do, and what they wont do. That's why ND didn't develop this title.
#12Pink_a_DinkPosted 2/6/2013 11:16:33 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
You know what else should have never existed?
MY MOOOOOOM!!

Muscle Man? o.o
---
Been a member of GameFAQs for 2 years now, and am barely now putting up a sig lol.
#13TheEpicSandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:03:26 PM
blazin640 posted...
TC

Most of what you just said is lack of knowledge.

Patches take forever because of Sony. Even if Superbot finished a patch, Sony still needs to approve it. Not saying its all Sony fault, but you can't blame superbot.

Also Naughty Dog has been around for years. Comparing a new studio to an old one makes little sense. What other studios wouldn't have done with this game is get everyone's movesets right. This game has most characters feel like they do I'm their own games.

The other issues are debatable. Hell there could have been more if another studio did it. Naughty Dog would be a terrible decision.

If it was just "because of Sony" then why do other exclusives get their patches out WAY faster? Superbot is just slow.

I don't really get what you're trying to say here. This isn't a "Superbot vs Naughty Dog" thread, this is about how PS All-Stars would have been a better game if developed by someone else. And you really don't know that, that's a huge assumption.
#14dadkwasherePosted 2/7/2013 7:37:47 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
You know what else should have never existed?
MY MOOOOOOM!!

But you wont exist then! Youll cause a paradox and the rainbowsaurus wont exist!
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#15blazin640Posted 2/7/2013 7:42:31 PM
TheEpicSandwich posted...
blazin640 posted...
TC

Patches take forever because of Sony. Even if Superbot finished a patch, Sony still needs to approve it. Not saying its all Sony fault, but you can't blame superbot.

Also Naughty Dog has been around for years. Comparing a new studio to an old one makes little sense. What other studios wouldn't have done with this game is get everyone's movesets right. This game has most characters feel like they do I'm their own games.

The other issues are debatable. Hell there could have been more if another studio did it. Naughty Dog would be a terrible decision.

If it was just "because of Son y" then why do other exclusives get their patches out WAY faster? Superbot is just slow.

I don't really get what you're trying to say here. This isn't a "Superbot vs Naughty Dog" thread, this is about how PS All-Stars would have been a better game if developed by someone else. And you really don't know that, that's a huge assumption.

You didn't get the argument -_-. And yours is a pretty big assumption as well, though I never stated other companies couldn't do better.

Though unless naughty dog had help, it would be pretty hard for them to make a good fighter. They could do it, but they have no history what so ever with fighting games.
---
There goes my free time
#16blazin640Posted 2/7/2013 7:44:10 PM
Patches don't just come out when they are ready. Sony has to approve. I'm not saying Superbot isn't the problem, but you sure in hell don't know that. Neither do I.
---
There goes my free time
#17PrismsbladePosted 2/7/2013 7:45:40 PM
blazin640 posted...
TC

If it was just "because of Sony" then why do other exclusives get their patches out WAY faster? Superbot is just slow.

How much faster are you talking about? And for what? Because not all solutions can be solved, and patched just like that. also I dont believe this game could have been much better if developed by someone else, I dont even believe the roster would have been any different.

But if this is made a series, with its core formula kept, Im confident this potential series could shine.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#18bartz90Posted 2/7/2013 7:46:17 PM
blazin640 posted...
blazin640 posted...
TC

If it was just "because of Son y" then why do other exclusives get their patches out WAY faster? Superbot is just slow.

You didn't get the argument -_-. And yours is a pretty big assumption as well, though I never stated other companies couldn't do better.

Though unless naughty dog had help, it would be pretty hard for them to make a good fighter. They could do it, but they have no history what so ever with fighting games.

I will say this. ND did make one of the best kart racers of all time, CTR, with no prior experience. That's just to give them credit. I like ND.
---
-
#19lightdragoon88Posted 2/7/2013 7:54:44 PM
I am glad Superbot existed. They actually had the balls to make this game.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#20TheEpicSandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:55:54 PM
Prismsblade posted...
blazin640 posted...
TC

How much faster are you talking about? And for what? Because not all solutions can be solved, and patched just like that. also I dont believe this game could have been much better if developed by someone else, I dont even believe the roster would have been any different.

But if this is made a series, with its core formula kept, Im confident this potential series could shine.

Faster as in when other developers say "Hey guys, patch next Tuesday!" it actually happens. SuperBot's dates are off by days or a week, and most of the time we don't even get a date. I understand if you don't think ND could have made it better, I just believe they do because they're great devs, and I agree with you on the roster (as I said in the original post).

I also agree with that. The formula is fine, the game itself could have been much, much better though.