Do you think this would have gotten as much hate if it was Sega All-Stars?

#1JohnbobbPosted 2/7/2013 7:05:36 AM
Sega All-Stars/Superstars has been a series for a while now, coming out with crossover games like Sega Superstars, Sega Superstars Tennis, and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Honestly, I'm surprised Playstation came out with a brawler before they did.

Anyway, everyone always accuses Sony of copying Nintendo, but when Sega crossovers come along, nobody really seems to mind. So if this game ended up being Sega All-Stars Battle Royale, would it have gotten nearly as much hate?

Also, there's always the possibility that Sega's been afraid of coming out with a crossover brawler for fear of being accused of what PSASBR was. Now that this game has opened the genre, do you think there's a chance we'll see a Sega All-Stars brawler?
---
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#2RainbowsaurusPosted 2/7/2013 7:08:02 AM
Simple answer: Nope.
---
PSN: Rain_Bow_saurus
#3atopthemountainPosted 2/7/2013 7:08:39 AM
that would be awesome

Kagemaru vs. hotsuma vs. Hibana vs. Joe Musashi
ultimate ninja battle right there
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#4BahamutBBobPosted 2/7/2013 7:50:31 AM
That all depends on if I can play as Ryo from Shenmue, and which Jet Set Radio characters are available.

I don't really care for most of the Sega characters, but I genuinely like most of the characters in this game.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#5AndKevinBaconPosted 2/7/2013 7:54:20 AM
No to the hate because:
-Sega isn't part of the console wars anymore.
-Most Sega characters are older than most Sony characters, and most people who hate on this game (and most vocal, cynical gamers in general) glorify the 90s.

And I think, if anything, this game has closed the doors to other game companies trying their own Smash.
#6atopthemountainPosted 2/7/2013 7:59:56 AM
AndKevinBacon posted...
-Most Sega characters are older than most Sony characters, and most people who hate on this game (and most vocal, cynical gamers in general) glorify the 90s.

eso
---
#7Johnbobb(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:10:45 AM
AndKevinBacon posted...
No to the hate because:

And I think, if anything, this game has closed the doors to other game companies trying their own Smash.

The thing is, the people who hate on this game glorify early gaming but then hate on the game for including characters like Spike, Parappa and Sir Dan who were from older games.

And I don't necessarily agree. Nobody has been able to take down Smash Bros, but nobody really needs to. PSASBR showed that it's possible to make a game of the genre and still gain a huge fanbase who love the game. I think that Sega should make one.

Also, I kind of have to wonder, what if PSAS had become an established crossover series before taking on Smash, like Sega All-Stars has done. Would PSASBR have been more successful?
---
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#8atopthemountainPosted 2/7/2013 8:33:03 AM
Johnbobb posted...
AndKevinBacon posted...
No to the hate because:

The thing is, the people who hate on this game glorify early gaming but then hate on the game for including characters like Spike, Parappa and Sir Dan who were from older games.

And I don't necessarily agree. Nobody has been able to take down Smash Bros, but nobody really needs to. PSASBR showed that it's possible to make a game of the genre and still gain a huge fanbase who love the game. I think that Sega should make one.

Also, I kind of have to wonder, what if PSAS had become an established crossover series before taking on Smash, like Sega All-Stars has done. Would PSASBR have been more successful?

the roles would be reversed
"% BASED FIGHTING STYLE GAME BY KNOCKING PEOPLE OFF??!! FLOP!"
---
#9Lexmark1989Posted 2/7/2013 10:15:20 PM
Nope it wouldn't get hate, sega all star games didn't get hate for being inspired by mario games.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#10christiankid7Posted 2/7/2013 10:19:29 PM
I want a SEGA smash brothers....really bad....almost as bad as this.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/25/if-smash-bros-was-made-sega-instead-nintendo/

PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZ
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards