Do you think this would have gotten as much hate if it was Sega All-Stars?

#11THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/7/2013 11:24:34 PM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
Simple answer: Nope.

This. Sega doesn't seem to intimidate people as much as Sony attempting something.

I'd buy it if they made one. Sega got some interesting characters to work with.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#12Dark_MetalSonicPosted 2/8/2013 1:56:18 AM
well capcom did something like that but with onimusha characters, they even put megaman and yet only few noticed the game.
#13PokemonYoutubePosted 2/8/2013 2:24:55 AM
Well, those Sega games were kinda based on Mario Tennis and Mario Kart, so why shouldn't Sega rip off Smash as well?
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#14Johnbobb(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:31:27 AM
PokemonYoutube posted...
Well, those Sega games were kinda based on Mario Tennis and Mario Kart, so why shouldn't Sega rip off Smash as well?

Even if they're ripoffs (which Tennis might kind of be but I think the Sega racing games have set themselves apart enough), nobody ever really calls them out on it. People usually just expect it, because they see Nintendo and Sega as direct rivals.
---
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#15Gamemaster64Posted 2/8/2013 8:06:37 AM
I be on it if they put VC3 characters in and this help them bring VC3 over. Though You have Capcom that does this and no new game for them but I bet if Marth and Roy wasn't in Melee we wouldn't have gotten any FE games or a new Kid Icarus game because of Brawl.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#16HabefietPosted 2/8/2013 8:09:27 AM
Yes, I do think it would have gotten a decently large amount of hate still.

1. Virtually no one cares about Sega characters that aren't from the Sonic franchise. Eh, Bayonetta I guess.
2. The single player and mechanics and unique gimmick and limited play options would all still be crap, which is where most of the complaints come from along with limited cast (which Sega would still provide, being limited to not-that-many popular characters/franchises) and
3. Does ANYONE like Sega anymore? As like, a fanboy? Who would defendSega All-Stars? The last Sonic fanboys that legitly liked every 3D Sonic including the terrible ones?

I interpreted the question as basically being "what if this were basically the same game, but with Sega characters instead of Sony characters," in which case I honestly believe it would get the exact same amount of hatey-hate.
#17DreamsaberPosted 2/8/2013 10:52:31 AM
Habefiet posted...
1. Virtually no one cares about Sega characters that aren't from the Sonic franchise. Eh, Bayonetta I guess.
Say what you want about the fans but do not insult their loyalty. All of them, from Shinobi to Bayonetta, have a loving fanbase that adores every appearance. You may call it a niche audience if you must, but don't act like they aren't faithful. Project X Zone is getting localized.

I interpreted the question as basically being "what if this were basically the same game, but with Sega characters instead of Sony characters,"
And Sega stages painted over the Sony ones. The mechanics are indeed the larger problem, and this would probably receive the same amount of hate even if it were Billy Hatcher spamming eggs instead of Drake spamming barrels.
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#18Chzrm3Posted 2/8/2013 11:00:23 AM
You know, it's funny - at first I said "aww man, they should just be doing a brawler!"

But honestly, that team had a very clear vision for what they wanted that game to be, and they delivered. People loved the first one and supported it, so it sold well enough to warrant a sequel, which has (by all accounts) been even better received than the first.

I'm a bit bummed out by some of their roster decisions (why did they take Ryo out? WTF?!?!?!?), but I still bought the second game, and I appreciate that the team was able to make their mash-up work.

We're seeing the opposite of that with Superbot, and it feels bad, man. Q_Q
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#19HabefietPosted 2/8/2013 11:08:37 AM
Dreamsaber posted...
Habefiet posted...
Say what you want about the fans but do not insult their loyalty. All of them, from Shinobi to Bayonetta, have a loving fanbase that adores every appearance. You may call it a niche audience if you must, but don't act like they aren't faithful. Project X Zone is getting localized.

As a diehard fan of old school Sonic games and owner-of-several-collections-of-Genesis-games (Kid Chameleon for life, why that game never got a sequel I'll never know), I believe you misinterpreted me. I did not say that Sega fans don't care much about Sega characters, I said there aren't many Sega fans in general. I'm sure all five Shinobi fanboys are utterly devoted, but how many of them really are there? Sega All-Stars would have just as much trouble arousing passion as Sony All-Stars.
#20atopthemountainPosted 2/8/2013 11:19:49 AM
Habefiet posted...
Dreamsaber posted...
Habefiet posted...

As a diehard fan of old school Sonic games and owner-of-several-collections-of-Genesis-games (Kid Chameleon for life, why that game never got a sequel I'll never know), I believe you misinterpreted me. I did not say that Sega fans don't care much about Sega characters, I said there aren't many Sega fans in general. I'm sure all five Shinobi fanboys are utterly devoted, but how many of them really are there? Sega All-Stars would have just as much trouble arousing passion as Sony All-Stars.

shinonbi fanboy? PRESENT SIR! PASSION IGNITED, SIR!
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)