If people are always complaining about how this isn't the real Dante.....

#1TUSMEnterprisesPosted 2/7/2013 8:09:14 AM
Why are there no comments on how almost no two Link's are the same?

Hmmmm?
---
PSN: TUSMBOX - Alt: SplookenNuggets
Official Dodge Viper of the GT5 Boards.
#2PrismsbladePosted 2/7/2013 8:20:23 AM
Because their all on the DmC board that way≥>>>>>>>
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#3atopthemountainPosted 2/7/2013 8:23:32 AM
TUSMEnterprises posted...

Hmmmm?

fanboy patriotism
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#4blaze19_0XPosted 2/7/2013 8:24:27 AM
They complain about his looks more than anything. Link's core design largely stays the same and tons of people do complain about WindWaker Toon Link.
#5AndKevinBaconPosted 2/7/2013 8:25:50 AM
TUSMEnterprises posted...

Hmmmm?

You just answered your own question. Link is constantly a new "character" so no one really cares because it's tradition.
#6NDgamer1122Posted 2/7/2013 8:25:57 AM
Because Link has never been consistent.

Besides, IIRC, there WAS backlash about Wind Waker, at least in the graphical style they picked. Dunno about Link himself, though.

See, when you have a (mostly) consistent character, and it just gets up and changed for no reason (and this goes beyond just the hair and coat), then people are going to get upset. The original series certainly wasn't out of juice just yet, so why they decided to reboot was really questionable.
#7dadkwasherePosted 2/7/2013 8:36:11 AM
Because its, been established that Link is a, legacy character since A Link to the Past.
Dante was, Dante up until the announcemenr of DmC.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#8Chzrm3Posted 2/7/2013 12:30:19 PM
It's also part of the story of Zelda - Link is always a reincarnation of the original Hero of Time (who we finally met in Skyward Sword, yay!), so there are going to be some differences.

And yeah, I remember being on a really passionate Zelda message board (Odyssey of Hyrule) when Wind Waker was announced. People were furious. It really did rival the rage about new Dante, and WW's sales suffered for it. Although, it's tough to say whether that was because of the graphics or because of the Cube's shallow install base.

All I know is they changed the art style drastically for TP, and relegated the charming Toon Link to handheld games (where he's actually become pretty popular!)
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#9SnovvbubPosted 2/7/2013 1:01:22 PM
Link has no personality or depth, so his appearance?
Who cares?

Both Dante's, however, have unique and interesting approaches to the character, which I think are good.

On a sid note, I love Wind Waker, so that's my favorite Link, but it really wouldn't matter if they changed the appearance.
---
<Starfire for Injustice - Gods Among Us>
InFAMOUS 1 >>> InFAMOUS 2
#10dadkwasherePosted 2/7/2013 1:16:20 PM
Snovvbub posted...
Link has no personality or depth, so his appearance?
Who cares?

Both Dante's, however, have unique and interesting approaches to the character, which I think are good.

On a sid note, I love Wind Waker, so that's my favorite Link, but it really wouldn't matter if they changed the appearance.

This is a good point also. Link was always supposed to be an avatar for the player. Thats the main reason we can name him.
His canon name, link, references the link between him and players to the world.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.