I for one are relieved to see Superbot getting what they deserve

#11Chzrm3Posted 2/7/2013 4:53:56 PM
Haku125 posted...
i mean the way they acted, with the stay tuned and the no comment. the fact they release a beta that basically ruins their whole ad campaign. they were an incompitent team and I'm glad they are gone. By the way i do like the game i just dont like superbot

Yeah, in a way they were trying to be snake-oil salesmen. Tricking us into thinking that Cloud and Crash were buried in the game somewhere, and all we had to do was buy it on release.

I think the beta leak was some kind of karmic force of justice that happened to them. It was an equalizer that showed fans exactly what Superbot was planning to sell them.

I'm not saying it was horrible - I bought the game day 1, and have happily played it. But I know a lot of fans would've felt betrayed buying the game only to realize that Crash, Cloud, etc were never in the game, and Superbot had basically conned us all into hoping that they were.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#12SelitePosted 2/7/2013 4:58:23 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Haku125 posted...
i mean the way they acted, with the stay tuned and the no comment. the fact they release a beta that basically ruins their whole ad campaign. they were an incompitent team and I'm glad they are gone. By the way i do like the game i just dont like superbot

Yeah, in a way they were trying to be snake-oil salesmen. Tricking us into thinking that Cloud and Crash were buried in the game somewhere, and all we had to do was buy it on release.

I think the beta leak was some kind of karmic force of justice that happened to them. It was an equalizer that showed fans exactly what Superbot was planning to sell them.

I'm not saying it was horrible - I bought the game day 1, and have happily played it. But I know a lot of fans would've felt betrayed buying the game only to realize that Crash, Cloud, etc were never in the game, and Superbot had basically conned us all into hoping that they were.

There was no con.

It was Paul Gale heavily hinting that Crash and Cloud might be in the game (and even then they werent that heavy).

Saying they don't have a Final Fantasy character in the game yet isn't them saying Cloud is in.

Saying Crash if he were to be DLC would be free isn't saying yes were making Crash.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#13Chzrm3Posted 2/7/2013 5:08:35 PM
The best thing to do would be to say "Sorry, we weren't able to negotiate a deal with Square, so there won't be a Final Fantasy character in the game. However, if you really want one in, you can send them messages on twitter/facebook about it, and maybe we'll be able to get one as DLC!"

That way, instead of fans being angry at you for not putting in the characters they want, they're angry at Square... and you leverage that anger into something productive (a community outcry for the characters that will make your game better), instead of being burned by a fanbase that is now furious at you.

I dunno. I know it's a cliche, but sometimes honesty really is the way to go. I'm not sure what all the smoke and mirrors really did for Superbot, except confuse and frustrate fans when they realized what the roster actually was. =(
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#14bartz90Posted 2/7/2013 5:14:06 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Haku125 posted...

SB did no such thing. The only who people who bought the game expecting Crash and Cloud did so with their hands over their ears while yelling lalalalalalala.
---
-
#15Chzrm3Posted 2/7/2013 5:17:35 PM
Yeah, but that was because they accidentally leaked their entire game when they put out the beta. XD
---
#16SelitePosted 2/7/2013 5:23:58 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
The best thing to do would be to say "Sorry, we weren't able to negotiate a deal with Square, so there won't be a Final Fantasy character in the game. However, if you really want one in, you can send them messages on twitter/facebook about it, and maybe we'll be able to get one as DLC!"

That way, instead of fans being angry at you for not putting in the characters they want, they're angry at Square... and you leverage that anger into something productive (a community outcry for the characters that will make your game better), instead of being burned by a fanbase that is now furious at you.

I dunno. I know it's a cliche, but sometimes honesty really is the way to go. I'm not sure what all the smoke and mirrors really did for Superbot, except confuse and frustrate fans when they realized what the roster actually was. =(

My understanding is that if they were currently negotiating Square (or rather Sony was since cross company character requests were said in an interview to be done by people higher up than Omar) they wouldn't be allowed to say that they were, most likely for that any declination to the request would result in a backlash on Square.

NDA or something.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#17An_Unkind_RGNPosted 2/7/2013 5:37:17 PM
TheBlackAce222 posted...
xxghost12xx posted...
I love Persona 4.

Who doesnt love KENPACHI RAMASAMA

I don't but it is because I have never bothered with the Persona series.
---
You gotta believe! That's how you receive! But if you can't relieve, then she is not doing it right.
~Cave Johnson: Say Goodbye Caroline!~
#18JayXZPosted 2/7/2013 6:00:10 PM
Haku125 posted...

You spelled "incompetent" wrong, jackass.
#19Rlaur2Posted 2/7/2013 9:07:27 PM
I are relieved.
---
-_-
#20kingtracePosted 2/7/2013 9:40:10 PM
The list of things that superbot did wrong far exceeds the roster. Game breaking glitches, complete unwillingness to balance the game, and, by far the worst, giving players paid for DLC for free. Seriously, if I was Santa Monic and I found out that Superbot was accidentally giving away 20 costumes for the price of one I'd be like 'You're done, pack your s***.' Also, they could fix the vita audio. I mean, they fix sir dan's shield glitch and barely nerf Kratos and Raiden, and that makes them screw up the audio? F*** Superbot.