I think part of why this game's community is dying is the way people play online

#1GreatJallopiPosted 2/8/2013 6:30:12 AM
Seriously, the fact that people try to follow scripted combos makes this game feel so repetitive. People said combos were one of the things this had over Smash Bros., but at least in Smash Bros. it didn't feel like the same fight every time. And peoples' obsessions over hit confirms too. Seriously, I stick to playing with my friends and avoid online because none of us try to memorize the best possible combo for a character and use it exclusively.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#2Darknessbeast10Posted 2/8/2013 6:32:39 AM
> Online
>Serious

pick one.
---
With your power you can do nothing: Not One Single Thing - Pain
PSN: look at my name, GT: ShadowSiege420
#3Rlaur2Posted 2/8/2013 6:42:05 AM
It's like most of you have never played a fighting game before.
---
-_-
#4Retroxgamer0Posted 2/8/2013 6:44:34 AM
well this isnt a fighting game so thats a possibility
#5Objection102Posted 2/8/2013 6:44:50 AM
I'd prefer to not learn any combos for exactly this reason. Plus learning them is such a chore - I'd rather have fun just using whatever moves I see fit in a given situation then try to set up an opponent for a combo. I don't win as often but I never get upset - I'm just playing for fun.
---
PSN: KJman456
http://psntl.com/cards/KJman456.png
#6Retroxgamer0Posted 2/8/2013 6:50:47 AM
the combos are pretty simplistic on most characters. like for sackboy its just shock pad, square to punch them twice and then do up square and rocket into them, and cake.
#7Doom_JPosted 2/8/2013 6:52:54 AM
GreatJallopi posted...
Seriously, the fact that people try to follow scripted combos makes this game feel so repetitive. People said combos were one of the things this had over Smash Bros., but at least in Smash Bros. it didn't feel like the same fight every time. And peoples' obsessions over hit confirms too. Seriously, I stick to playing with my friends and avoid online because none of us try to memorize the best possible combo for a character and use it exclusively.

scrub-script translation: Seriously bra, me and my bros suck at this game. We suck at Smash bros. too, but at least there aren't as many combos interupting our suck. Seriously, Its like the same every time. and peoples' obsession with seting up kills too. Seriously, I only play with other scurbs and avoid online because we all suck and don't know how to play
#8GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:58:27 AM
Doom_J posted...
GreatJallopi posted...

scrub-script translation: Seriously bra, me and my bros suck at this game. We suck at Smash bros. too, but at least there aren't as many combos interupting our suck. Seriously, Its like the same every time. and peoples' obsession with seting up kills too. Seriously, I only play with other scurbs and avoid online because we all suck and don't know how to play

Here's a question: do you have ANY friends? No, seriously, I need to know this.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#9Doom_JPosted 2/8/2013 7:13:02 AM
GreatJallopi posted...
Doom_J posted...
GreatJallopi posted...

lol Seriously guy, enough with the seriously all over the place. what are you, a valley girl?

Anywho, yes im pretty satisfied with the friends I have, does that pretain to you sucking at this game or something? Or are you just trying to make me seem like some loser in order to invalidate my opinion that you suck at the game for complaining about combos? Nice try scrub
#10GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:17:14 AM
Doom_J posted...
GreatJallopi posted...
Doom_J posted...
GreatJallopi posted...

lol Seriously guy, enough with the seriously all over the place. what are you, a valley girl?

Anywho, yes im pretty satisfied with the friends I have, does that pretain to you sucking at this game or something? Or are you just trying to make me seem like some loser in order to invalidate my opinion that you suck at the game for complaining about combos? Nice try scrub

Anyone who uses the term "scrub" to describe a casual player sounds like a tool. Anyone who denounces people who like a game to be fun is a tool. And when I asked about friends, I meant offline friends. Not your online elitist buddies.
---