LF for pro big daddy for 2v2 partner

#31PrismsbladePosted 2/8/2013 5:41:09 PM
Potatoman622 posted...
I honestly feel like Ratchet is one of the best to have. He can get kills off ground pound easy but I can extend the amount of time Ratchet has to get a kill by dropping people on the ground pound. Doing it in the corner sets up his special the same way his cannon would. Also Ratchet's tools, particularly his sniper, give superior cover fire.

You shouldn't use ratchets ground pound.....ever, its one of the worst dive attacks in the game, seriously even his ranch throw is a more viable, and situational option then that crap.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#32Potatoman622Posted 2/8/2013 5:48:18 PM
Prismsblade posted...
Potatoman622 posted...
I honestly feel like Ratchet is one of the best to have. He can get kills off ground pound easy but I can extend the amount of time Ratchet has to get a kill by dropping people on the ground pound. Doing it in the corner sets up his special the same way his cannon would. Also Ratchet's tools, particularly his sniper, give superior cover fire.

You shouldn't use ratchets ground pound.....ever, its one of the worst dive attacks in the game, seriously even his ranch throw is a more viable, and situational option then that crap.

What??? I was talking about BDs ground pound setting Ratchet up. And Ratchets wrench slam isn't that bad, the hard knockdown can set up a lvl 1 if done in the right spot.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#33KindertotenwaldPosted 2/9/2013 3:46:05 AM
Potatoman622 posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...
Potatoman622 posted...
Kindertotenwald posted...
CHL305 posted...
potato and I did Quick Match 2 versus 2. We actually did really well.the Big Daddy and radec combination works against most opponents. Our only problem was against a drake and fat princess. Mainly the barrels plus we were on franzea. We can still fine tune some things though. It is not OMG so OP!!!! But it is still doable with good team chemistry.

What were the ranks of the other players?

The Drake and FP were black belts. That was one of those where I would blame the matchup though. Big Daddy vs. Drake is a tough one with his barrel/grenade spam.

Lol 2 of BD worst match ups.

Was Radec any help there?

Idk if it's just me but I still feel Ratchet is his worst, I had a bad experience playing a great zoning Ratchet several times in a row and losing badly in each lol.

Radec was about as much help as he could be, unfortunately it wasn't enough. I wouldn't say Radec is the worst partner BD could have but there are definitely more compatible characters.

I find with Ratchet Super armour helps to get in but you are going to get hit so much doing so it would hardly be worth it.

Drake FP and Kratos followed closely by Raiden and EC are by far his worst MU, but then again most of the roster is a bad match up lol.

I'm you saw the problem when we played each other BD can't just keep up with these characters they are building to level 3s and getting 4 kills while BD is getting his lv2 and getting 1-2.

I can't think of a partner worse to have in the games we had than Radec, can you imagine lol? Radec is a bad partner for BD in that he is a bad 2v2 character himself.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#34CHL305(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:39:31 AM
This is true unfortunately. BD makes a great partner for Radec but not vice versa. Oh well, Radec is just a place holder until Emmett is released. It is refreshing to play with Radec since he is not a high tier 2v2 character. It was getting boring winning with both the Coles.
---
Closet Nerd
#35ThaCMasterPosted 2/9/2013 6:49:03 AM
Prismsblade posted...
Potatoman622 posted...

His slam attack is ok. It would be world's better if he could do hard knockdowns out of the air. The best thing about his slam is that it is relatively safe on block and he can change directions, catching rollers. That's about it.
---
PSN ID BigDaddyCMasta
www.thacmaster.proboards50.com
#36Potatoman622Posted 2/9/2013 8:26:00 AM
Well the one thing that kills me about the Ratchet matchup is he can grab you during the ground charge I believe, which just puts you at a stupid high risk for using the only decent move to get in.

Yeah I know that's how it is for Big Daddy in ranked, pretty much everybody is using high tier characters there and once you come across the ones who know how to handle their character well, Big Daddy has a tough time keeping up.

As for having Radec as a partner I suppose he is terrible just because he is a terrible character. He does have a few ways to help cover me that I like so I would definitely like a Radec over someone like Heihachi or Dante. But any higher tiers partners like Kratos or Evil Cole are easily better than Radec.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P