Why did this game have such a low budget anyways?

#11blaze19_0XPosted 2/8/2013 12:35:51 PM
In fact I remember Omar stating the reason they scrapped the CTF levels/stages this game was originally going to be designed for, is because they wouldn't work on a 4-player onscreen multiplayer game.

But that STILL doesn't change the fact that they could have easily turned it into a single player/co-op mode.

And then I bet anything this game would have gotten higher reviews all around, would have seemed more attractive to casuals and more. And it would not have costed them much, they already had the levels/stages designed after all. It sure beats the broken lol FFA belt system.
#12Chzrm3Posted 2/8/2013 12:48:58 PM(edited)
kingtrace posted...
CAW Evolution posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
CAW Evolution posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
In interviews, Superbot mentioned that they had to scrap the Prince from Katamari Damacy because they couldn't figure out a way to make him work, and decided to do Heihachi instead.

Uh, they never said that.

Yeah, there's an interview with Seth where he flat out says exactly that. I'm not going to bother digging it up because I really couldn't care less, but it's true.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/11/interview_trading_punches_with_playstation_all_stars_seth_killian?page=2

Nope.

Ouch, straight pwned.

Not the interview. I'm talking about something where he literally says that they couldn't figure out how to make the Prince work, so they asked Namco if it was okay to do Heihachi instead and Namco said "ya!"

Considering the interview that you posted doesn't involve him saying anything like that, I'm not sure why you bothered posting it. Look:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/magazine/azerbaijan-is-rich-now-it-wants-to-be-famous.html?hp&_r=0

Here's an article about Azerbaijan. It doesn't mention Seth Killian saying that they couldn't figure out how to make the Prince work. I guess that means I was wrong?

Actually, $#@% it, here's the interview. Because google is hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovU6d2AKGWk

Start watching at 5:45.

Ouch, straight pwned.

@blaze Good points, as usual. I'd forgotten about all the CTF stuff, that's another crazy waste of resources. I mean, jeez, you just can't run a company like that. If I made a habit of working on something for six months and then just throwing it in the trash, I'd have been fired years ago.

Then again, that's kinda what happened to Superbot. : >
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#13CAW EvolutionPosted 2/8/2013 12:49:49 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
In interviews, Superbot mentioned that they had to scrap the Prince from Katamari Damacy because they couldn't figure out a way to make him work, and decided to do Heihachi instead.

I just watched the video. He says he wanted to include the Prince, but they couldn't figure out how to make him work. He says nothing about "scrapping" the character or replacing him with Heihachi.
#14Chzrm3Posted 2/8/2013 12:53:54 PM
CAW Evolution posted...
Chzrm3 posted...

I just watched the video. He says he wanted to include the Prince, but they couldn't figure out how to make him work. He says nothing about "scrapping" the character or replacing him with Heihachi.

Another interview elaborated on it further, but I'm seriously not digging through the archives of random PSASBR interviews with ~2k views just to keep proving you more and more wrong. XD They tried to make the character, couldn't figure out how to get him to work, and then went for Hei instead.

The only counter-point I'll accept is that Seth could be lying through his teeth, just like when he sat there during an interview when they'd already shown off all 20 characters at trade shows, and he said "oh yeah we've got some great characters for you, a REALLY NICE character for ps1 fans."

So it's possible he's just a compulsive liar and makes up stuff. Kind of like your hunky hero themink, mirite? : D
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#15CAW EvolutionPosted 2/8/2013 12:55:25 PM(edited)
Chzrm3 posted...
CAW Evolution posted...
Chzrm3 posted...

Another interview elaborated on it further, but I'm seriously not digging through the archives of random PSASBR interviews with ~2k views just to keep proving you more and more wrong. XD They tried to make the character, couldn't figure out how to get him to work, and then went for Hei instead.

The only counter-point I'll accept is that Seth could be lying through his teeth, just like when he sat there during an interview when they'd already shown off all 20 characters at trade shows, and he said "oh yeah we've got some great characters for you, a REALLY NICE character for ps1 fans."

So it's possible he's just a compulsive liar and makes up stuff. Kind of like your hunky hero themink, mirite? : D

PS: Is there a particular character that isn't in the game that you secretly wished was?

SK: []another one that was a real landmark for me that Id love to figure out how to do is Katamari Damacy. Id love to see the King of all Cosmos or somebody from Katamari I guess it would be the Prince, right? find their way into the game, but, frankly, I think it would really play hell with our engine if you could roll up the characters and elements of the stage.

Yep -- a character that Seth wanted to see was totally "scrapped" and "replaced with Heihachi."
#16BluBlue4Posted 2/8/2013 11:15:42 PM
CAW Evolution posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
CAW Evolution posted...
Chzrm3 posted...

PS: Is there a particular character that isn't in the game that you secretly wished was?

SK: []another one that was a real landmark for me that Id love to figure out how to do is Katamari Damacy. Id love to see the King of all Cosmos or somebody from Katamari I guess it would be the Prince, right? find their way into the game, but, frankly, I think it would really play hell with our engine if you could roll up the characters and elements of the stage.

Yep -- a character that Seth wanted to see was totally "scrapped" and "replaced with Heihachi."

Topic winner.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#17KagePakkunPosted 2/8/2013 11:50:45 PM
Chzrm3,I seriously doubt that The Prince was considered before Heihachi and that Heihachi "replaced him instead".

I think you're underestimating his importance here...

I mean...he's HEIHACHI from TEKKEN.
---
PSN: KagePakkunX.
Official Kat of the PSASBR boards.
#18blazin640Posted 2/8/2013 11:55:40 PM
blaze19_0X posted...

With that being said I have seen indie developed games with more polish than this so they have no excuse either way.

give me an indie game EXACTLY LIKE smash bros and psabr that is way better than this.

I'm all ears.
---
There goes my free time
#19Lexmark1989Posted 2/9/2013 12:01:53 AM
blazin640 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

With that being said I have seen indie developed games with more polish than this so they have no excuse either way.

give me an indie game EXACTLY LIKE smash bros and psabr that is way better than this.

I'm all ears.

Yep, waiting to hear that one myself. I take nothing away from those guys but they don't really make anything I would consider psas level of budget.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#20wwinterj25Posted 2/9/2013 1:19:21 AM
Sony should have known if they wanted Crash, Spyro and big names then a high budget would be needed. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the game and happy it got made but been released in November next to big name games it needed more than this roster to sell more.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj