Guaranteed combos into grab with video explanation

#1dabuzPosted 2/8/2013 1:04:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XPpfyQZTNs
---
Looking for a competitive hub for Playstation All Stars? Want tournaments and events with CASH PRIZES? Visit this site: http://allstararena.com/
psn: dabuz18
#2--crashbfanPosted 2/8/2013 1:08:19 PM
I officially appreciate this because you featured Sackboy thank you.
---
SACKBOY IS GOD TIER
[PSN]: crashbfan23
#3KindertotenwaldPosted 2/8/2013 1:09:05 PM
Vid doesn't load but lol wat? Combos into grabs?!
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#4J_Dawg_Posted 2/8/2013 1:12:19 PM
Huh, so this IS possible. I've tried doing this many times but never got it to to work. Nice job.
---
Sly should be made trash tier cause raccoons like to rummage through trash. - jump__0
PSN: Mooglebane | PSASBR: Jak, Ratchet, Spike
#5Judah01Posted 2/8/2013 1:12:30 PM
Nice find. An interesting tactic that we are sure to see in high level play. Refreshing to see a useful thread among the myriad crap threads that are being posted ad nauseam.

Have a bump for exposure.
---
PSN: NystagmusCrux
#6PrismsbladePosted 2/8/2013 1:14:04 PM
I've never seen a vid say "no views" before :P
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#7CrabhammarPosted 2/8/2013 1:20:37 PM
Evil Cole can GP into Amp Drop into Ip Throw into kill.

Does this guy ever stop getting more ridiculous?
#8DopplesPosted 2/8/2013 1:21:30 PM
Does the game actually register it as a combo? Cause I'm pretty sure you can just mash on jump and get out of these set ups. O.o
---
PSN: TheFinestBrew
Looking to improve my MvC3 game, would like advice from anyone who wants to give it.
#9dabuz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:22:45 PM
Dopples posted...
Does the game actually register it as a combo? Cause I'm pretty sure you can just mash on jump and get out of these set ups. O.o

Sometimes it does register as a combo in that the white part of the AP bar keeps growing but the number resets after a grab. And no you cannot mash jump, I explained in the video it was tested on a jumping opponent.
---
Looking for a competitive hub for Playstation All Stars? Want tournaments and events with CASH PRIZES? Visit this site: http://allstararena.com/
psn: dabuz18
#10DopplesPosted 2/8/2013 1:26:10 PM
dabuz posted...
Dopples posted...

Sometimes it does register as a combo in that the white part of the AP bar keeps growing but the number resets after a grab. And no you cannot mash jump, I explained in the video it was tested on a jumping opponent.

Did you test these with a second player locally? Cause it seems to be moreso something to do with netcode than comboing into the grab.

I'm not trying to knock this discovery mind you, this is great for mind games since a lot of grounded combos involve a knock down state like the one needed for this to work. Incidentally, if this does work for local play, this just makes Nariko all that much stronger in 2v2. :x
---
PSN: TheFinestBrew
Looking to improve my MvC3 game, would like advice from anyone who wants to give it.