Guaranteed combos into grab with video explanation

#11spyder1845Posted 2/8/2013 12:27:33 PM
Which characters are featured?
#12dabuz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:30:27 PM
Dopples posted...
dabuz posted...
Dopples posted...
Does the game actually register it as a combo? Cause I'm pretty sure you can just mash on jump and get out of these set ups. O.o

Sometimes it does register as a combo in that the white part of the AP bar keeps growing but the number resets after a grab. And no you cannot mash jump, I explained in the video it was tested on a jumping opponent.

Did you test these with a second player locally? Cause it seems to be moreso something to do with netcode than comboing into the grab.

I'm not trying to knock this discovery mind you, this is great for mind games since a lot of grounded combos involve a knock down state like the one needed for this to work. Incidentally, if this does work for local play, this just makes Nariko all that much stronger in 2v2. :x

Test it yourself, frame data says it works offline :)
---
Looking for a competitive hub for Playstation All Stars? Want tournaments and events with CASH PRIZES? Visit this site: http://allstararena.com/
psn: dabuz18
#13DopplesPosted 2/8/2013 12:38:08 PM
dabuz posted...
Dopples posted...
dabuz posted...
Dopples posted...
Does the game actually register it as a combo? Cause I'm pretty sure you can just mash on jump and get out of these set ups. O.o

Sometimes it does register as a combo in that the white part of the AP bar keeps growing but the number resets after a grab. And no you cannot mash jump, I explained in the video it was tested on a jumping opponent.

Did you test these with a second player locally? Cause it seems to be moreso something to do with netcode than comboing into the grab.

I'm not trying to knock this discovery mind you, this is great for mind games since a lot of grounded combos involve a knock down state like the one needed for this to work. Incidentally, if this does work for local play, this just makes Nariko all that much stronger in 2v2. :x

Test it yourself, frame data says it works offline :)

Will do so with my partner when I have the chance. Good find all the same. ^^
---
PSN: TheFinestBrew
Looking to improve my MvC3 game, would like advice from anyone who wants to give it.
#14MosgusPosted 2/8/2013 6:12:14 PM
I've been incorporating that for a while to disrupt potential level 3s and the like. . .had no idea they were guaranteed to link though, thought I just had lucky timing. :P
#15p1793aPosted 2/8/2013 6:26:06 PM
Great. Now everyone's gonna be using these. Thanks for giving away the secret :|
---
BAAAAATTLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!
#16Ludacris01Posted 2/8/2013 6:33:00 PM
I've already been doing these since launch. I mean heck, even Raidens infinite was based off of this concept.

I suppose it'll help all the newcomers though
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR SONY SMASH
#17AWorldUnitedPosted 2/8/2013 6:39:31 PM
Ludacris01 posted...
I've already been doing these since launch. I mean heck, even Raidens infinite was based off of this concept.

I suppose it'll help all the newcomers though

sit down
#18Q_BlahPosted 2/8/2013 6:49:41 PM
Coolios
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#19IcyFlamez96Posted 2/8/2013 7:05:53 PM
Nice. I found three ways to do this with Ratchet now but 2 of them involve walls.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#20tomandsamPosted 2/8/2013 10:35:13 PM
Does Radec's square-square work for this? I've always done it, but I'm not sure if it's just because people don't jump.
---
This is quite possibly the worst user on GameFAQs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382