Poll time. Before PSASBR did you know about LOD or Dart?

#11Nightstryk3r619Posted 2/13/2013 7:10:47 PM
Yes, I played it. I'd rather have Lavitz or Haschel though :P
---
"They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life. Mine bent so much it snapped in two" GE FC 5007-0391-0758 (Scaramanga/CUBONE*)
#12Lexmark1989Posted 2/13/2013 7:50:38 PM
PielordX posted...
The game really isn't as much a masterpiece as people try to claim it is, its a good game but its in the "meh" region.

But what does that have to do with anything? A game being meh doesn't make it not popular or not known. I'm really wondering why you keep bringing this up all the time, do you feel good about yourself when you try to put down games other people like?

This reminds me of the people that'll tell you FF7 isn't a great game, yet think that telling people who actually like the game that it isn't a great game is supposed to accomplish something.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#13PielordXPosted 2/13/2013 8:04:52 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
PielordX posted...
The game really isn't as much a masterpiece as people try to claim it is, its a good game but its in the "meh" region.

But what does that have to do with anything? A game being meh doesn't make it not popular or not known. I'm really wondering why you keep bringing this up all the time, do you feel good about yourself when you try to put down games other people like?

This reminds me of the people that'll tell you FF7 isn't a great game, yet think that telling people who actually like the game that it isn't a great game is supposed to accomplish something.

I say that because of all the people that literally can't stop saying "Dart should be in the game he was so significant in PS history!". Sure we have many people on the roster that shouldn't be there, but honestly? Some of you need to shut up cause all you guys say is how amazing it is.

It's just like the people that say FF7 is the best game ever.
---
If there were more people like me the world would be a better place. That's just a fact. -Compass
Voted official Jak of PSASBR boards
#14Four_WindsPosted 2/13/2013 8:32:14 PM
I love LoD, my fav RPG behind FFVII. though nowadays i can't play it for too long, the graphics turn me off sadly. i wish they'd make a remake.

my team was usually always lavitz(i like his replacement more though)/Dart/Shana.

shana owns face with her bow & dragoon.
#15Doom_JPosted 2/13/2013 8:34:52 PM
PielordX posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...
PielordX posted...

I say that because of all the people that literally can't stop saying "Dart should be in the game he was so significant in PS history!". Sure we have many people on the roster that shouldn't be there, but honestly? Some of you need to shut up cause all you guys say is how amazing it is.

Thank you. I too played the game 14-15 years ago. Didn't complete it, as I lost interest quite early. The best thing I can say about it based on memory is that it was hard, but other than that, "meh" is correct.
Heck, I perferd legend of mana to that game. Im not about to say this game needs a merchant rabbit though.

It's been a very long time since I heard anyone saying "FF7 is the best game ever"... It irked me badly back then, but now that it's objectively less true than even before, I'd immediately disregard whomever said that as overly nostalgic and phony. But this isn't to say I hate rpg's, and that game holds a special place in my heart from all the childhood memories of watching my cousins play it for hours.
#16ApolloJusticeAAPosted 2/13/2013 8:52:44 PM
Doom_J posted...
PielordX posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...
PielordX posted...

Thank you. I too played the game 14-15 years ago. Didn't complete it, as I lost interest quite early. The best thing I can say about it based on memory is that it was hard, but other than that, "meh" is correct.
Heck, I perferd legend of mana to that game. Im not about to say this game needs a merchant rabbit though.

It's been a very long time since I heard anyone saying "FF7 is the best game ever"... It irked me badly back then, but now that it's objectively less true than even before, I'd immediately disregard whomever said that as overly nostalgic and phony. But this isn't to say I hate rpg's, and that game holds a special place in my heart from all the childhood memories of watching my cousins play it for hours.

Having played and beat it i will commend it for trying to add a new flair to the rpg style with the whole timing moves for combos and having one of the longest final fights I have ever seen. it wasn't exactly what i would call the breakout star of the Playstation just a really fun if somewhat lackluster RPG that ps1 fans will remember being eclipsed by final fantasy(which released its7th, 8th, and 9th title on the ps), Grandia, and wild arms which did the same things just better(though we wouldn't see a combo system similar to LoD again)
---
Alt to Millamac: The Official Apollo Justice of all boards
Post your reliable anti-kratos strategy: Quit the match.-J_Dawg_