Everyone who challenges me to 1v1 always uses Evil Cole...

#11blaze19_0XPosted 2/10/2013 1:30:47 PM
If all he's doing is fishing for those two kill confirms once he gets a level 1, it should be obvious what you have to look out for. Also lol @ complaining about spam.

Even if that doesn't work, his level 1 can still grab you even in a roll.

Why would you ever be rolling towards Evil Cole? Rolls are really unsafe in this game, especially forward rolls. Heck against Evil Cole you shouldn't be rolling at all since he can even punish a back roll with a punch.
#12HabefietPosted 2/10/2013 2:25:23 PM
DarkECOJak posted...
... and of course can't get a single kill without either the up throw or the giga punch. I end up losing because it's all spam until level 1, charge punch, miss, recharge until it lands. Change tactics to up throwing. Even if that doesn't work, his level 1 can still grab you even in a roll.

Just once I'd like to fight an Evil Cole that knows how to combo and use the character properly instead of just picking him to guarantee a win. He's a good character that crappy players just exploit because it's easy.

If you're losing to spam and stuff you know is coming, who's the bad player?

This is the worst, basest kind of scrubby mentality. Thinking that you're a better player than someone that is literally beating you with two or three moves and the same bread and butter combos means that you're so bad that you can't avoid or get around the same basic things again and again and again.

Don't roll into Cole, no crap they're going to use basic cheesy setups to get L1 supers off if they're working against you, like, herp ba derp derp.

The guy who wins every time by doing really basic obvious stuff that you just keep rolling into like a ding dong is a better player than the one that knows a bunch of flashy nonsense but still loses, because the better player is the one that's winning. Evil Cole isn't anywhere near the level of busted that you can be a significantly worse player than another person and still win.

But seriously rolling near Evil Cole is really, really stupid, and if he keeps catching you with it then why the hell do you keep doing it, rofl

Apologies for the rudeness, but seriously, Rule #1 of getting good at most games competitively is realizing that if you're losing to button mashing or spam or whatever, you're not nearly as good as you like to tell yourself. They're not playing cheap or whatever, you're just losing by falling for dumb stuff again and again rather than changing your linear one-dimensional playstyle to get around it.
#13PirateKing290Posted 2/10/2013 2:31:38 PM
Well I find the throw easy to counter against so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, but you guys gotta admit Giga Punch is kinda ridiculous. You can use it to punish from a large distance away and even use it during block strings because it's completely invincible. They should really take out the crumple from Giga Punch, an invincible regular move doesn't sound all too bad.
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#14Rlaur2Posted 2/10/2013 3:05:35 PM
Evil Cole isn't anywhere near the level of busted that you can be a significantly worse player than another person and still win.

So much this. It's not just him though, people seem to think that about any good character.

Herp, you can't win without your cheap ass Sly or Raiden, even though I lost I know I'm better than you. Derp.
---
-_-
#15CrabhammarPosted 2/10/2013 3:06:01 PM
SOMEONE 1v1 ME PLEASE I'M SO BORED
#16LaKizzle23Posted 2/10/2013 3:17:45 PM
Crabhammar posted...
SOMEONE 1v1 ME PLEASE I'M SO BORED

Want to give my Dante some practice ?
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
#17judgementaeonPosted 2/10/2013 3:20:34 PM
Uh, this has been bothering me for quite some time...
Are you and Light friends...or enemies...or are you the anti Light? O_O
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec
Kula Diamond is my favorite character in KOF! \(^_^)/