Who should I use in my next tourney?

#11Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:01:54 AM
Potatoman622 posted...
Use sweet tooth he's actually pretty good 1v1, especially when you can make reads to connect the lvl 1 out of a roll or any wakeup. I've been doing pretty well with him lately.

If you play smart, he's meh. If you air camp, he can't get that Level 1 off.
#12KindertotenwaldPosted 2/11/2013 6:06:08 AM
Crabhammar posted...
Potatoman622 posted...
Use sweet tooth he's actually pretty good 1v1, especially when you can make reads to connect the lvl 1 out of a roll or any wakeup. I've been doing pretty well with him lately.

If you are letting them air camp you are doing it wrong.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#13Potatoman622Posted 2/11/2013 7:22:50 AM
Kindertotenwald posted...
Crabhammar posted...
Potatoman622 posted...

This^^^ lol

His shotgun is one of the fastest attacks in the game and is great for grounding people. What I do is repeatedly ground them and try to get a feel for how they tend recover and start catching their wakeup by throwing out his level 1 raw. You can hit them even if they are jumping on wakeup if you time it right. Also it's dirt cheap so wasting a few is no big deal.
---
PSN: Potatoman622
Fear the Fabulous Fatty P
#14Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 7:34:53 AM
True, true. I also see how they wakeup and punish accordingly but I've gotten into the habit of getting Level 3, shotgunning them away, and taking 3 stocks like it's nobody's business.

Guess I better start practicing my Toof game.
#15Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:59:59 AM
Hmm, Spike's actually catching up. Bump for monkeys.
#16DavidgraymanPosted 2/11/2013 9:30:04 AM
Crabhammar posted...
Potatoman622 posted...

As a ST player that alot easier said than done. Especially in 1v1. Sure D.2 can bring them to the floor but nothing will keep them there. You have to hope your opponent is willing to do a move that keep them on the ground like radec's sniper or jak's blaster. If ST fight a sly, jak or FP he's screwed.
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
#17Potatoman622Posted 2/11/2013 10:36:40 AM
Davidgrayman posted...
Crabhammar posted...
Potatoman622 posted...

As a ST player that alot easier said than done. Especially in 1v1. Sure D.2 can bring them to the floor but nothing will keep them there. You have to hope your opponent is willing to do a move that keep them on the ground like radec's sniper or jak's blaster. If ST fight a sly, jak or FP he's screwed.

That's when you kick them with a level 1 as they are about to jump on wakeup.
---
#18blaze19_0XPosted 2/11/2013 10:37:58 AM
Potatoman622 posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
Crabhammar posted...
Potatoman622 posted...

That's when you kick them with a level 1 as they are about to jump on wakeup.

I'm not sure this will work if they air dodge jump on wakeup. There have been videos showing this is pretty reliable against grabs on wakeup.
#19Potatoman622Posted 2/11/2013 10:46:56 AM
I haven't had anyone air dodge mine yet, they would have to be pretty fast to jump and air dodge before the level 1 hits and if I time it right they wouldn't have a chance to anyway.. The level 1 can hit them even if they are a little off the ground. The jump on wakeup does grabs almost every time but i'm not grabbing so it is much easier to hit
---
#20blaze19_0XPosted 2/11/2013 10:50:33 AM
Potatoman622 posted...
I haven't had anyone air dodge mine yet, they would have to be pretty fast to jump and air dodge before the level 1 hits and if I time it right they wouldn't have a chance to anyway.. The level 1 can hit them even if they are a little off the ground. The jump on wakeup does grabs almost every time but i'm not grabbing so it is much easier to hit

Yeah there's a split second you have before they actually jump where you can hit them. However the problem you have to commit to the option. If you miss that's 100 AP gone which admittedly isn't a big deal to Sweet Tooth but still.

They have 5 main options you have to watch out for. Back roll, front roll, grab on wakeup, jump on wakeup and delay.

Once they figure you are trying to punish jumps this way, they might just start choosing other options.

I was probably the first advocate of ST on this board and how good he could be but sadly I see 1 vs 1 being a largely uphill battle for him. His aerial shotgun isn't easy to land either once people figure out the only angle it hits at.