How does one beat this new Super Air Hump Nariko?

#1CrabhammarPosted 2/11/2013 5:09:16 PM(edited)
In my recent peregrinations, I have stumbled upon a new type of Nariko gameplay (or possibly the way she was originally meant to be played); here is a nice flowchart:

Disk spam when far away
When in close, Air Up Square/Up Triangle into Neutral Circle (the Super Air Hump)

And the worst part is, IT WORKS: there isn't much any character can do about it. Not even zoning gods like Ratchet and Spike can pump out projectiles at the speed of Nariko's Destructo Disk. The disk can't be Sly-countered very well as Nariko moves a lot while doing it. IIRC, it counts as a physical attack so it cannot be reflected. Up Triangle and Air Up Square are ridiculously fast and spammable; block an Air Up Square? Here, take another! And another! etc.

Now, I'm not a scrub. I'm not crying about this character and I acknowledge that she isn't cheap at all. C'mon, it's Nariko for Pete's sake. I'm just genuinely interested in how you beat SAH Nariko because a speedy, nigh-unpunishable, and generally ass-whoopin' Nariko is completely foreign to me. What do 0_o
---
#2fuzzylittlbunnyPosted 2/11/2013 5:10:52 PM
u dont. Destructo disk 2gud
---
( ^_^)/\(^_^ )
Maya high five!
#3blazin640Posted 2/11/2013 5:11:44 PM(edited)
Why would you want to beat it?

The question is

How do you beat the new Super Air Hump STD you get from getting humped to much?
---
There goes my free time
#4Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:12:47 PM
blazin640 posted...

The question is

Gravity Shield condom?
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#5IcyFlamez96Posted 2/11/2013 5:13:27 PM
Crabhammar posted...
Crying

I've never gone against a Nariko who could zone out my Ratchet so I can't help ya there.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#6Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:14:39 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Crabhammar posted...
Crying

I've never gone against a Nariko who could zone out my Ratchet so I can't help ya there.

Icy go on or you will be Destructo Disk'd :V
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#7blazin640Posted 2/11/2013 5:17:39 PM(edited)
Crabhammar posted...
blazin640 posted...

The question is

Gravity Shield condom?

Primitive..........but effective.
---
There goes my free time
#8IcyFlamez96Posted 2/11/2013 5:18:15 PM
Crabhammar posted...
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Crabhammar posted...
Crying

Icy go on or you will be Destructo Disk'd :V

I should be home in like 20 minutes :V
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#9SnovvbubPosted 2/11/2013 5:20:32 PM
Go buy Heavenly Sword, that the gods of Ninja Theory may take pity on your soul.
---
inFAMOUS 1 >>> inFAMOUS 2, brief oversight of why-
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/989945-infamous-2/65422155
#10MosgusPosted 2/11/2013 5:30:53 PM(edited)
Her disc stalling game is very wallish, but also very trappy. She lacks horizontal control for a nearly negligible but still long enough time to zone. The trick is avoiding the discs while it happens.

I.E. with Ratchet, bait her spam into maximum distance then pick her apart with well placed sniping. (1)

Her combos follow the same principle as anyone else's. Just get hit as little as possible. It just so happens in her case that air camping isn't a good strategy. A good tactic to punish players with similar but different skillsets than hers is an aerial approach, preferably diagonal falling attacks. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT DO THIS AGAINST NARIKO. It's a free AP burst waiting to happen.

Bait reads. Bait reads hard. Her attacks aren't exactly slow, but they aren't Kratos's neutral square either. One whiffed launcher has always been enough time for me to sneak in with Hei when in that particular proximity; characters with longer range punishes than what he and other similarly tiered characters have live for this moment.

That's about the most advice I can give you. My experience with Nariko is extremely limited and I've only fought one or two of the top Nariko users a very scarce amount of times. Take from this what you will; you may not find it all completely sound advice in practice.

Except for approaching her with diagonal attacks. I cannot stress that enough. Do not do.

My Raiden usually still eats them all for free though. :(

EDIT: (1) Results will be less than favorable in the first half of any Dojo or Stowaways match. Lol. Dat ricochet.