How does one beat this new Super Air Hump Nariko?

#11latimasterPosted 2/11/2013 4:44:24 PM
Crabhammar posted...
In my recent peregrinations, I have stumbled upon a new type of Nariko gameplay (or possibly the way she was originally meant to be played); here is a nice flowchart:

Disk spam when far away
When in close, Air Up Square/Up Triangle into Neutral Circle (the Super Air Hump)

And the worst part is, IT WORKS: there isn't much any character can do about it. Not even zoning gods like Ratchet and Spike can pump out projectiles at the speed of Nariko's Destructo Disk. The disk can't be Sly-countered very well as Nariko moves a lot while doing it. IIRC, it counts as a physical attack so it cannot be reflected. Up Triangle and Air Up Square are ridiculously fast and spammable; block an Air Up Square? Here, take another! And another! etc.

Now, I'm not a scrub. I'm not crying about this character and I acknowledge that she isn't cheap at all. C'mon, it's Nariko for Pete's sake. I'm just genuinely interested in how you beat SAH Nariko because a speedy, nigh-unpunishable, and generally ass-whoopin' Nariko is completely foreign to me. What do 0_o
---

I was fighting this guy yesterday and they were doing the exact same thing!! (maybe the same person?) I beat them once with cole cause my freeze rockets were helping me stay away and I managed to squeeze some random supers in, but I was able to do some real damage with toro even though I lost. The trick is to stay on the ground and watch out for the spinning chain blade attack. I would block that and then immediately start a combo in justice form whenever she landed. It worked really well considering I'm no toro pro
#12Crabhammar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:25:03 PM
bump
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#13DireProphecyPosted 2/16/2013 10:29:09 PM
This is just one of the many reasons I'm glad I main Kratos; he has an answer to anything.
#14blaze19_0XPosted 2/16/2013 10:40:10 PM
Nariko is the most underrated character in the game, I've been saying it for ages, she has the most versatile projectiles in the game. No other projectiles in the game give as much motion control and fluidity. And they are super spammable via shorthops.

She some of the best anti-air tools in the game.

She has a level 3 that can net 3 kills. That's 3 easy kills with no hit confirm needed.

I seriously think she's top 5 material in 1 vs 1.
#15DavidgraymanPosted 2/16/2013 10:44:19 PM
Crabhammar posted...
In my recent peregrinations, I have stumbled upon a new type of Nariko gameplay (or possibly the way she was originally meant to be played); here is a nice flowchart:

Disk spam when far away
When in close, Air Up Square/Up Triangle into Neutral Circle (the Super Air Hump)
---

Yep I've seen this combo since the first month this game as out. Her spammy disc is easy to dodge tho. I think her cannon is underused but understandablely so. If that's even a word lol
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
#16PirateKing290Posted 2/16/2013 10:44:58 PM
With Spike and Ratchet I can outzone her well enough with banana+Monkey radar combo, teleports, air up square etc.

Sniper rifle, Sonic Eruptor and razor disks for Ratchet.

If Im playing Parappa I just block and get Boombox AP. Slow and steady. Sometimes reflect projectiles with the skateboard
---
PSN: Weeeler
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPWeewer
#17Retroxgamer0Posted 2/16/2013 10:45:47 PM
blazin640 posted...
Why would you want to beat it?

The question is

How do you beat the new Super Air Hump STD you get from getting humped to much?

i beat it just fine tyvm
#18blaze19_0XPosted 2/16/2013 10:47:36 PM(edited)
Davidgrayman posted...
Crabhammar posted...

Disk spam when far away
---

Yep I've seen this combo since the first month this game as out. Her spammy disc is easy to dodge tho. I think her cannon is underused but understandablely so. If that's even a word lol

Easy to dodge? You've clearly never played a good Nariko.

She can spam it at a faster rate than any other projectile in terms of damage/output ratio.

She can do this all while shorhopping back making it insanely hard to punish. And there's no angle you can approach from that's safe from it as you can greatly influence the angle.

Most other projectiles in the game are very static and far less spammable.
#19Retroxgamer0Posted 2/16/2013 10:46:37 PM
Snovvbub posted...
Go buy Heavenly Sword, that the gods of Ninja Theory may take pity on your soul.

oh yes ninja theory. they make gud games.
#20BluBlue4Posted 2/16/2013 11:33:34 PM
I had no idea that Nariko was held in such a... not-worst-in-the-game regard.

Isn't she usually brought up when people ask for buffs?
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon