So I have dropped Big Daddy and have now took up Radec.

#1KindertotenwaldPosted 2/12/2013 8:21:25 AM
Ok I have dropped BD he is bad in high level play and I have done everything I can with him and can't see myself getting any better with him, I will still use him from time to time and might make a guide for him.

But now I am taking up Radec and yes he is bad I know.

I have got alot of stuff down and on my way to black belt with him (Brown atm) but ofcourse need more knowledge.

Radec users here (good ones if you are a scrub I don't even want your opinion idc)

What combos are you doing? I know the wall bounce ones but can't do them yet and I know the F1 F2 and the up grab combos.

Generally what is your playstyle and who do you think goes well with him? Do you think he should go aggressive or with a nice campy partner instead? I personally think it depends on the match up and stage.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#2CrabhammarPosted 2/12/2013 8:46:52 AM
I'm not the best Radec BUT:

Up Grab -> jump, nSS, uT (you can jump and do another nSS but the timing is waaaay tight) is very useful

Use dC in the air for safe landings. Radec is actually pretty gimped in the air but it's good in a pinch.

nSS reliably links into grab unless they jump. If they repeatedly jump, punish with uT.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#3J_Dawg_Posted 2/12/2013 8:57:18 AM
I like to get in close and use his air shotguns. Read their air dodges and blast them away, force them into the air again and repeat. afS is also good for team combos. Triangle is a nice move on the ground to help your partner set up combos/supers or to start a team combo.

On a stage with a lot of platforms, I try to stay near the platforms so I can trick enemies by falling through and jumping around the platforms while getting in potshots with the shotguns. Platforms really help with landing those shots. So yeah, I try to be pretty aggressive with him.
---
Sly should be made trash tier cause raccoons like to rummage through trash. - jump__0
PSN: Mooglebane | PSASBR: Jak, Ratchet, Spike
#4ZanooooPosted 2/12/2013 9:02:49 AM
I don't think big daddy is unviable, but he has some ****ing awful mu's vs the coles, ratchet, and sweet tooth imo.

But I'd rather just pick up emmet instead of radec imo, radec feels so bad and useless outside of being an eh annoyance to the other team.
---
Gamertag: WhereIsMegaman
PSN: WhereIsProtoman
#5JammerzWPosted 2/12/2013 9:09:08 AM(edited)
I've 999'd Radec bud, his wall bounces are so much easier than you may think.
You said Radec was the worst character in the game to me the other day!

Anyway, Radec can't play over aggressively. Idc what anybody says he will get mashed by any relatively fast character. You want to play him more defensively.

- His O moves are so underused amongst the majority of Radecs I've ever seen. They're so useful. d3 flamethrower is brilliant for landing and roll punishing etc, u and s3 are bread and butter. You want those anti-air stuns up constantly. Even n3 is great for the stun, whether people choose to take the explosion or block it, it gives you time to move and counter approaches.

also, ghostwalk a lot with Radec when you're on the move. (In case you don't know what that means, just hit down square and a direction at the same time - you know what I mean, it's useful to move back and forth with it and is more effective than just walking in most cases)

When I play with Radec 2v2, I like a partner that can control space and lock enemies down. I have a friend that is an amazing Nariko and they make a pretty decent team.

Of course this is my opinion, other opinions are available.
---
Still can't think of a good signature.
PSN: Jamie-All-Over
#6AllmightyJebusPosted 2/12/2013 10:35:12 AM
I don't think I'm a pro with Radec, but I'll say something nonetheless:

Try to play at a mid distance (if you don't want to use the Sniper Rifle; for example, when you're playing 2vs2 and your partner is a combo-oriented character, you're likely to ruin a combo string with this or when you're on a stage where using the Sniper can be severely punished and/or has irregular ground, like Sandover Village, Dojo or Franzea) or play at a long distance (when you can use the Sniper Rifle without any restrain).

If you go for the mid distance, you should avoid using Forward Square, unless you're sure it's gonna hit. Instead, do a little hop and use Neutral Air Square, it executes faster, you can follow up with another attack if you land it and if you don't, you aren't as open as if you used Forward Square on ground. Yo can use Air Down Circle too, it's good when you predict and punish a roll with this but you can't land another hit after it and you may be open if you didn't predicted a roll.

If you go for the long distance, abuse your zoning tools to no end. Set your Forward Circle and start Snipering. If someone dares to approach you, use the Air Forward Square or Air Up Triangle to send him away and proceed to spam the flop out of them.

Of course, you have a lot of tools at your disposal; you don't really need to play like I'm saying. For example, try to have Up Circle and Forward Circle always when you're facing an air camper.

When you face a Drake, if you're at a mid distance, explode his barrel with a Neutral Triangle, he'll eat the follow-up attack almost always too. If you're at close distance, block the barrel and see if he'll be auto-Run-n-Gunning every barrel. If he does, grab him whenever he's close, Up Grab if you have the time to follow up with another attack, Down Grab if you see that someone can take you out of the grab and Side Grab if you want to keep the distance.

When you face a Sly, play at a mid distance; don't use the Sniper, nor the Neutral Triangle. If you see him spamming counters, Up Grab him and follow up.

When playing against Sackboy, don't use Neutral Circle nor Neutral Triangle when he uses the fan. If he's spamming Jam or Cakes, use Sniper. If he's spamming Rocketpack, wait until he launches himself and block, Up Grab him and follow up.

When Playing against Raiden/Dante, try to use Air Down Square when you see them coming with their combos and if the grenade lands the hit, follow up with Forward Square and Sniper. If they block the grenade, Up Grab and follow up.

When facing Katos, try to fight at a long distance (but beware of his counter). If you can't, try to get him as close as you can and Up Grab and follow up. If you're in Dojo or another map with no walls, Side Grab him and do 3 Aerial Forward Squares and a Aerial Up Triangle to do an AP burst.

When using you lvl 1 Super, ALWAYS TARGET SOMEONE. The exception of this is when you see that someone is practically in front of you. You can fire as rapidly as you can if you're almost in front of a turf and score 2-3 kills or you can wait until someone comes for you and shoot it in the face.

...I'm really tired and maybe something here could make no sense, but you can always try it and see if it works or not.
---
Come on, slam! And welcome to the jam!
Pokemon Black FC: 2366 1933 3349
#7LightEcoSagePosted 2/12/2013 10:36:31 AM
Oh yea Kin. You may want to change your PSASBR Sig now that Big Dad isn't your main anymore...
---
"Jak, you are the Greatest of Heroes" ~Precursor Leader
#8DavidgraymanPosted 2/12/2013 11:22:43 AM
Yeah his forward square is glitchy online don't bother with it.

-Grabbing is your best bet since people love to roll, in particular his up grab because you can combo off it. In 2v2 you want to use F.grab because you set you partner up for their super.

- His flamethrower and machine gun are reliable for mid range, for opponents you want out of your face like big daddy and kratos use his N. circle move...you'll probably take a hit in process but its effective in the long run. Don't bother with

-You NEED to make the most of your supers, more so for radec then for anyone else since its harder for him to build large amounts of AP in one sitting (unlike combo characters). Fortunately, radec has good supers.

-Obviously you can escape from bad situation with D. square (move left and right to confuse the opposition)

Also that Big Daddy guide sounds awesome
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
#9atopthemountainPosted 2/12/2013 1:24:07 PM
Davidgrayman posted...
Yeah his forward square is glitchy online don't bother with it.

-Grabbing is your best bet since people love to roll, in particular his up grab because you can combo off it. In 2v2 you want to use F.grab because you set you partner up for their super.

- His flamethrower and machine gun are reliable for mid range, for opponents you want out of your face like big daddy and kratos use his N. circle move...you'll probably take a hit in process but its effective in the long run. Don't bother with

-You NEED to make the most of your supers, more so for radec then for anyone else since its harder for him to build large amounts of AP in one sitting (unlike combo characters). Fortunately, radec has good supers.

-Obviously you can escape from bad situation with D. square (move left and right to confuse the opposition)

Also that Big Daddy guide sounds awesome

brooooooooo
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)
#10atopthemountainPosted 2/12/2013 1:30:48 PM
First off,
Kin wanna apologize on a earlier post…in retrospect I spoke rashly about GC=radec….i disagree radec is low tier tho…
Anyways ill break this up into pieces
The following is not comprehensive but a little bit of everything…
--------
partners
--------------
a good partner for radec is any partner who can cover his prime weaknesses
-his inablilty to cover ground
- his lack of strong melee agression

trap characters or characters who cant chase well are horrible partners for radec. Altho we play together, my brothers sweettooth is not a good partner...sweettooth cant chase well and his mines do little to help radec...he cant come to radecs aid if he gets doubled teamed...(however triangle does a good job of setting up sweetooths level 1)

characters who cant cover ground well end up chasing the opponents i snipe or shotgun...and cant assist in need.

ive partnered w a few competnent fighters this is who i think partners well...or doesnt.
-BDs:...im still on the fence on their value to radec as a partner....initially i thought nay but my bro has been picking him up and im learning how to play w a big daddy on my team... so i dunno yet...he could be
-coles are eh....i dont know how to bring out the best in cole as radec really...
-hacknslashers (dante nariko etc) and characters who can chase or lock are best...especially raiden since he is the direct opposite of radec.
-sweet tooth is not really too well but youre machine gun can hold your opponent for his level 1 and two.
-slys: its been a while since i played w a decent sly on my team but slys will have to work with you using you as bait...or not be invisible...which is :/ for both... so i dont feel they partner well w radec.
-drake is a poor matchup oddly enough...youll win only because youre good w your respective characters rather than teamwork....outside of both of you locking with machine guns (which is hilarious btw) , magnum+sniping, and grenade helling....if im not mistaken, believe you destroy his barrels w your projectiles....

all that said if youre partner is just an agressive attention grabbing player....youll prolly do well...regardless of character...the partner needs to be a constant threat ... or maintain momentum radec is all about interrupting your opponents flow...his partner should be always increasing it.
---
PSN: grau 226
Radec (brother:Sweet tooth)