Can we please get Dart for the love of ****** GOD

#41Tinman312(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 3:23:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#42_EggplantWizardPosted 2/12/2013 3:26:41 PM
Nightstryk3r619 posted...
I don't understand the hate for Dart.... when Brawl has so many useless characters from games they haven't touched in ten years plus.

I don't think there's hate involved. It's just that people don't really know anything about Dart or LOD. Plus, the characters used in SSMB are icons that people remember, even if you think they are useless.
---
Currently playing Borderlands, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Kirby Super Star, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.
#43toad133Posted 2/12/2013 3:29:53 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Prismsblade posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
Fat Princess was made by some of the same devs that are now with Superbot. She only got in because of developer bias.

And having a very high selling psn game....also who is Dart?

Very high selling PSN game because PSN games sell like trash.

I believe FP still sold less than 1 million. LOD outsold it by at least twice as much and it actually represents something fans have been demanding (RPGs).

Because god forbid Fat Princess got added because she brought an interesting and unique moveset to enhance the gameplay. Totally not the reason at all, no sir.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#44Nightstryk3r619Posted 2/12/2013 3:35:19 PM
_EggplantWizard posted...
I don't understand the hate for Dart.... when Brawl has so many useless characters from games they haven't touched in ten years plus.

I don't think there's hate involved. It's just that people don't really know anything about Dart or LOD. Plus, the characters used in SSMB are icons that people remember, even if you think they are useless.

I'm just saying though, when has the last time anyone's ever seen the Ice Climbers in a game? I don't think WaLuigi's even had his own title yet.
---
"They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life. Mine bent so much it snapped in two" GE FC 5007-0391-0758 (Scaramanga/CUBONE*)
#45Chzrm3Posted 2/12/2013 3:41:56 PM
Raiden is def an all-star and a pretty important character, but my (and anybody else who has a beef) main issue with him is that he's in the game over Snake.

If this game had a ~40 character roster, and Raiden and Snake were both in the game? Heck, that'd be awesome.

But with a 20 character roster, if you're not gonna put Snake then don't put in anyone from MGS, imo.

As far as Dart vs Graves/Nariko/FP/et al, the difference is Dart also represents an extremely important genre of games that PSASBR seems to think never existed - the RPG. I have so many friends whose playstation experience was defined by Final Fantasy, Xenogears, Disgaea, Persona, Dark Cloud, etc etc.

I can't tell you how many friends I've told this game about who loved their PS2/PS1 growing up who said "wow, I don't know any of these characters."

That's kinda fail.

Would Dart have solved that entirely? Nope. That's a problem with the scope of the project, which is why I truly believe that to tackle this beast properly, they needed either the big ticket characters or a bigger/better development team that went for at least another year and gave us a roster clocking in at 30-35, so that way you're covering many more of those fanbases.

With this project, however, cutting FP for Dart would've gone a long way. And I say that as someone who played and loved the original FP to death. (But lets be serious, the character feels like it was made by someone who didn't even play the game. : P)
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#46_EggplantWizardPosted 2/12/2013 3:43:42 PM

I'm just saying though, when has the last time anyone's ever seen the Ice Climbers in a game? I don't think WaLuigi's even had his own title yet.

Yeah, Ice Climbers is exactly what came to my mind. ...and R.O.B. SSMB has a pretty full roster, though. PSASBR's roster, on the other hand, is somewhat lacking.
Actually, maybe Dart wouldn't be a bad addition. ...if just to bolster the roster.
---
Currently playing Borderlands, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Kirby Super Star, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.
#47Nightstryk3r619Posted 2/12/2013 3:51:08 PM

Yeah, Ice Climbers is exactly what came to my mind. ...and R.O.B. SSMB has a pretty full roster, though. PSASBR's roster, on the other hand, is somewhat lacking.
Actually, maybe Dart wouldn't be a bad addition. ...if just to bolster the roster.

Exactly! Plus, a good swordsman is always welcome in my book. All those nifty fire powers, and a super that has him enter dragoon form would be pretty wicked. (Basically Kratos' 3rd smash, but he has wings :D)
---
"They say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life. Mine bent so much it snapped in two" GE FC 5007-0391-0758 (Scaramanga/CUBONE*)
#48Lexmark1989Posted 2/12/2013 3:54:51 PM

ice climbers,earthbound and f-zero believe it or not was not known by a lot of people during the first and second smash game. Also their games were probably known but that doesn't mean they knew the characters from the games. Lets not even talk FE a game that made its western popularity through smash.

Seriously though the argument that you don't know a character doesn't mean much because you can grow to like the character as with ness and captain falcon. If neither of those 2 made the game the first time around no one would've really been asking for them.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#49RainbowsaurusPosted 2/12/2013 3:56:47 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
With this project, however, cutting FP for Dart would've gone a long way. And I say that as someone who played and loved the original FP to death. (But lets be serious, the character feels like it was made by someone who didn't even play the game. : P)

If they took out FP, I probably wouldn't play this anymore. She's my best character :<

Also, having played the original FP, she is not represented as poorly as people make her out to be. Sure they could've added the ranger or maybe included the priest somehow, but I think they did pretty good with her move set.

/opinions
---
EMMETT GRAVES MASTER RACE
http://oi49.tinypic.com/21m7saq.jpg
#50Nightstryk3r619Posted 2/12/2013 3:57:38 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...

ice climbers,earthbound and f-zero believe it or not was not known by a lot of people during the first and second smash game. Also their games were probably known but that doesn't mean they knew the characters from the games. Lets not even talk FE a game that made its western popularity through smash.

Seriously though the argument that you don't know a character doesn't mean much because you can grow to like the character as with ness and captain falcon. If neither of those 2 made the game the first time around no one would've really been asking for them.

Actually, this too. I had a Fire Emblem on GBA, since it was in a bargain bin, and it looked interesting. I love the game, but I've never heard of the BAMFness that is Ike until Brawl, so I had to back order the Fire Emblem Games on GameCube, and I fell in love with them.
---