Why are people saying Kat is OP/Broken?

#21TheMickeyPosted 2/12/2013 9:55:58 PM
So far I haven't really seen anyone being OP with Kat yet. Myself I did find her very easy to start off with and her combos feel very natural and quick to figure out even without a tutorial or YouTube example.

I did much much worse trying to play Emmit who I've sucked with so far but on that same token, in online play the Emmit players I've gone against have given me a way harder time than the Kats.
---
PSN ID: Saffahh
PSASBR: main E.Cole, alt Sly. Currently learning Nariko, Twing-Twang baby!
#22PhantomEmperorPosted 2/12/2013 9:57:28 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
Pegeta posted...
PhantomEmperor posted...
Heres the reasons

- easy as hell combos like kratos easy..
- huge ap gain its not even funny i can do a 155ap with zero problems just ridiculous
- best mobility in the game
- her grab can get you from both sides no one else has it
- high ap bursts off grabs
- her down circle drags you in easy to abuse ive seen it already
- lv 3 is just damn crazy fast as **** you can literally mash square and get kills and her circle attack is like sir dans lv3 except it kills you in instantly

Overall just a character who is too good and noob friendly but like it matters to me my sir dan stomped on alot of kats already.

I've had zero issues dodging a kat lvl 3

You'll probably say that about all lvl 3 supers. Still in a 4 player match it doesn't matter if you dodge if everyone else dies by the damn super.

In a 1v1 she can easily get 3 kills with circle.
---
PSN:PhantomEmperor
PSASBR:Sir dan,dante,radec UNIB:Seth,Gordeau BBCP:Hakumen,hazama,jin UMVC3:Jill,vjoe,storm SSF4ae:Vega,Yang SSBB:Fox,Marth MK9:Ermac KOF:K`
#23Doom_JPosted 2/12/2013 10:00:29 PM
Lexmark1989 posted...
Pegeta posted...
PhantomEmperor posted...
Heres the reasons

- huge ap gain its not even funny i can do a 155ap with zero problems just ridiculous
- lv 3 is just damn crazy fast as **** you can literally mash square and get kills and her circle attack is like sir dans lv3 except it kills you in instantly

Overall just a character who is too good and noob friendly but like it matters to me my sir dan stomped on alot of kats already.

You'll probably say that about all lvl 3 supers. Still in a 4 player match it doesn't matter if you dodge if everyone else dies by the damn super.

Are you refering to FFA? cuz that's the only mode in which it'd be a real problem. It's really not that good. I mean Sweet tooth, Jak, Sackboy, Nariko, Emmett, Dante, Radec, Sly, and Drake all have arguably better lvl 3's than hers. You could make an argument that it's barely even better than a screen clearer, considering costs and how many garunteed kills you'd typically get
#24DireProphecyPosted 2/12/2013 10:03:26 PM
clinttiger posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
Crabhammar posted...
clinttiger posted...
lol I remember when raiden was OP from the start and the excuse people had was "its to early to judge" time passed and look raiden is still OP.

Same thing for kat.

Raiden isn't OP.

meta knight user^

He isn't OP. He certainly isn't the best character in this game.
#25DavidgraymanPosted 2/12/2013 10:04:36 PM
clinttiger posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
Crabhammar posted...
clinttiger posted...
lol I remember when raiden was OP from the start and the excuse people had was "its to early to judge" time passed and look raiden is still OP.

Same thing for kat.

Raiden isn't OP.

meta knight user^

Lol don't play brawl but I've beaten raiden by blocking and being better. Just because he one of the best character doesn't make him OP.
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
#26Lexmark1989Posted 2/12/2013 10:17:36 PM
Doom_J posted...
Lexmark1989 posted...
Pegeta posted...
PhantomEmperor posted...
Heres the reasons

Are you refering to FFA? cuz that's the only mode in which it'd be a real problem. It's really not that good. I mean Sweet tooth, Jak, Sackboy, Nariko, Emmett, Dante, Radec, Sly, and Drake all have arguably better lvl 3's than hers. You could make an argument that it's barely even better than a screen clearer, considering costs and how many garunteed kills you'd typically get

I never said the super was OP, just replying to the part about dodging the super which can be said for almost any character lvl 3. I don't know where all this other stuff your talking about came from.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#27FurryyifferPosted 2/12/2013 10:25:35 PM
Davidgrayman posted...
clinttiger posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
Crabhammar posted...
clinttiger posted...

Same thing for kat.

Raiden isn't OP.

meta knight user^

Lol don't play brawl but I've beaten raiden by blocking and being better. Just because he one of the best character doesn't make him OP.

This is something not a lot of people seem to get, zam. OP and top tier is not the same thing.
Though Kat seem to be a force to be reckoned with right out of the gate. Wether all her tools actually get results in the long run is yet to be seen though.

And obviously to that other guy saying someone is a metaknight user doesnt counter the argument that Raiden isnt OP and doesnt actually have to do with anything at all. :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.