PSAS could use a "re-launch"

#11IcyFlamez96Posted 2/13/2013 11:58:39 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
The main problem is they tried to sell this game based on star power, and it doesn't have any. They should've tried to sell the game on its unique take on the brawler genre, and how it's a fun, accessible game that works well in FFA and 2 v 2.

It has literally all of the biggest stars Sony owns.

Which doesn't do too much imo. Those characters aren't really THAT known.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#12Rikudo-PeinPosted 2/14/2013 12:12:13 AM
Chzrm3 posted...
They should make the game free to play, and try to monetize it through DLC.

That would never work.. Especially when the DLC is as cheap as it is now..
---
PSN: theomm
"Mokuton Hijutsu: Jukai Kotan "
#13ChronoCactaur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:27:09 AM
sinncross posted...
ChronoCactaur posted...
Well, yes, from a first-party point of view, PSAS isn't a failure.

That said... would it have killed them to include a Sony RPG rep? I know there aren;t many, but a LoD and DC character would have worked wonderfully.

arent many?

That is not the problem (Sony owns like 7 JRPG IP's). THe problem is that none of them have the mainstream appeal of something like Final Fantasy which is why the devs probably didnt bother.

I still say they should have included a LoD character at the very least, considering the recent digital re-release on the US PSN, and how many downloads it's gotten since then.

Of course, I would deifnitely prioritize a Final Fantasy character at this point. Add Cloud and Dart/Rose, and I won't have anything to complain about in terms of RPG reps.

(Although, I have to admit Auron would be cool)
---
Pokemon FireRed Playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaDsGhOOwIjq6vaKaOtihmDNp7sD26dOG
#14ChronoCactaur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:27:33 PM
bump
---
Pokemon FireRed Playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaDsGhOOwIjq6vaKaOtihmDNp7sD26dOG
#15mcnichojPosted 2/14/2013 10:35:24 PM
Six or so more DLC's, save Crash and Spyro for the very end and then do game+DLC bundle release.
Do a better job on adds.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.
#16EurashalPosted 2/15/2013 7:11:36 AM
Rainbowsaurus posted...
Only if people who already bought the game (especially those who got it for $60) got it for a reduced price.

GOTY editions tend to be cheaper regardless. Not sure about the US, but in the UK they're 20 - 25 initially. Sometimes cheaper.
---
Expect sales to go up in Japan if the Marvel vs Capcom 3 trailer has Jill caught in [Shuma-Gorath's] Chaos Dimension. - DrunkenPilot72
#17dadkwasherePosted 2/15/2013 7:27:37 AM
The thing is most of the allstars arent as popular as nintendo's, lineup.

Most would choose samus over Nariko

Most would choose Mario over Kratos.

Most would choose Snake over Raiden.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#18sinncrossPosted 2/15/2013 7:50:03 AM
ChronoCactaur posted...
sinncross posted...
ChronoCactaur posted...
Well, yes, from a first-party point of view, PSAS isn't a failure.

That said... would it have killed them to include a Sony RPG rep? I know there aren;t many, but a LoD and DC character would have worked wonderfully.

arent many?

That is not the problem (Sony owns like 7 JRPG IP's). THe problem is that none of them have the mainstream appeal of something like Final Fantasy which is why the devs probably didnt bother.

I still say they should have included a LoD character at the very least, considering the recent digital re-release on the US PSN, and how many downloads it's gotten since then.

Of course, I would deifnitely prioritize a Final Fantasy character at this point. Add Cloud and Dart/Rose, and I won't have anything to complain about in terms of RPG reps.

(Although, I have to admit Auron would be cool)

Dont get me wrong... I want a JRPG character too, and LoD would have been perfect. But I can perfectly understand why they may not have used a sony jrpg

personally im hoping Cloud is still a viable option

(but I would take Auron too!)
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!