Some questions about the game

#1Coola_YagamiPosted 2/13/2013 5:31:58 PM
I got to rent this game and played it for a while with my girl and I had a few questions. We don't have PSN and just played it between the two of us, but unlike say... Smash Bros or TMNT Smash-Up, we could only play one on one against each other and couldn't make the CPU play the 2 remaining slots to have 4 characters fighting it out at once. I know the game is more fun with all 4 players or playing it online, but if it's just 2 people and you don't have PSN.... it is kinda boring if the fighting is just one on one. At least in TMNT Smash-Up you can have the CPU control the 2 remaining spots so you have the craziness of 4 characters on screen at once. Is there a way to have the CPU use the other characters or are you stuck with just 2 people if only 2 people are playing?

My other question since I never played much of Smash Bros, and even then I had no idea what was going on. In TMNT Smash-Up you basically fight it out until you kill the person 3 times. In this game I notice you basically rack up your power bar and kill people with 1-hit kills, and when time runs out the one with the most kills wins. So how does Smash Bros go? Does it play like TMNT or PSASBR or something else entirely?

Sorry for the questions if they sound silly or n00b-ish but yeah, I'd appreciate some answers. Thanks.
---
Coola- Who is the only one worthy enough to rule the world?
Luchs/Panther/Tiger/Juni/Juli/Orochi Bulma- You, Coola Sama!! Only you!!
#2GuitaristMattPosted 2/13/2013 5:41:30 PM
Well if you just press right on the dpad in versus mode it adds cpu players to the game. Super Smash brothers has a system where after taking enough damage your enemy hits you off the screen.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#3XenoFFvsPosted 2/13/2013 5:50:57 PM(edited)
Smash bros. And TMNT are made by the same people on the same engine. Also fyi you can do stock(lives) in All Stars as well.

To go more in depth on Smash....the players bulld up damage percentage by taking hits from the opponenet. The higher the percentage the further you will fly whenever you get hit(100%-200% is the norm for being killed), get knocked off screen and you die.

All three are very fun games but I personally would rate them in this order:
SSBB
PSASBR
TMNT

They all are similar in gameplay style so you should like Smash and as I said TNMT was made from the same engine as Smash along with employees that worked on Smash so I can't see you getting bored while playing it.

Hope I helped.
---
Brawl Code:4639-9502-2693_Razor
PSN ID: xXAnTeRXx
#4Coola_Yagami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 5:59:53 PM
cool thanks. we plan to rent it again this weekend, we'll give that a try.
---
#5Coola_Yagami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 6:24:56 PM
So I can choose my character, my girl can choose hers, and then we both press right on the d-pad to have the CPU pick the other 2 characters? Just wanna be sure.
---
#6taoxadasaPosted 2/13/2013 6:32:55 PM
Coola_Yagami posted...
So I can choose my character, my girl can choose hers, and then we both press right on the d-pad to have the CPU pick the other 2 characters? Just wanna be sure.

Yes, or R1.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#7Doom_JPosted 2/13/2013 6:42:21 PM
Don't forget, you can change the game options by pushing R2 on the character select screen. You can do stock, kills, or timed. and switch on or off stage hazards or items
#8Coola_Yagami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 6:45:19 PM
cool thanks. lookin forward to the weekend already.
---