I still stand by the fact that Jak is underpowered.

#1NDgamer1122Posted 2/13/2013 7:23:57 PM
Beam Reflexor and Peace Maker only giving 5 AP each is still stupidly low. 10 each would be acceptable.

Gyro Burster only lasting 3 seconds, only two of which is spent shooting is still stupidly short, and only 5 AP per shot with no stunning. The AP would be fine if it actually lasted worth a damn. It's simply not worth leaving yourself open. Also, it breaks in one hit, no matter what. 5 seconds and better durability would fix it. I mean, seriously, look at Emmett's turret. 10 AP per shot, stays around a long time, actually causes hitstun, and has some durability before it breaks. And look at Sir Dan's and Sweet Tooth fire moves, they can't be broken. So why is it that Jak's thing gets all the bad attributes?

Needle Lazer at 10 AP and Arc Wielder at 16 AP is still a bit low (though that slight Arc Wielder buff helps a bit). Needle Lazer could be 15, and Arc Wielder could be 20 or 24.

Mass Inverter is still lolworthy. Come on, just like, 0.3 more seconds, and it'd be perfectly viable as a hit confirm into Jak's level 1, and make it easier to not spaz on the controller trying to follow up with a combo.

Speaking of which, 150 AP is too high for his level 1. With its pathetic range, it should be 125 AP. Same with Sir Dan's, IMO.

Level 2 is still too small. I'd love if it was just a bit smaller than Toro's level 2, and to trade off, they could bump the AP cost up to 400 (it's 330 right now, lowest costing level 2 in the whole game, and for good reason.)

His level 3, two other guns, and melee attacks? Perfect as-is, though I wish it were a bit easier to connect the punch after the jetboard dash. You could hit the target with the dash, but if you're a bit above or below their center, you miss the punch. The hell?

Seriously, they overnerfed him from the demo. He was definitely broken in the demo, but he didn't need to be hit with the nerf truck. I'm sorry, but if I'm forced to only use half my moveset because the other half isn't up to snuff, something is wrong there.
#2judgementaeonPosted 2/13/2013 7:24:43 PM
I can use all of it :p
---
PSASBR mains: Jak, Cole, Sackboy, Radec #1 main: Emmett
Soooo borrreed >_<
#3RainbowsaurusPosted 2/13/2013 7:25:48 PM
I think he is too. They don't need to make him just like he was in the demo, but they should give him a bit back.

I don't get why people steadily argue against him being UP...
---
EMMETT GRAVES MASTER RACE
http://oi49.tinypic.com/21m7saq.jpg
#4NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:27:38 PM
I don't get why people steadily argue against him being UP...

I don't understand it, either. And it's other Jak mains, too.

My changes wouldn't break him or anything. His moves he uses all the time haven't been touched, because they were already good enough to be used all the time. I'm simply opening up his movepool....and adjusting his supers because I think they're crappy, apart from level 3.
#5NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:28:47 PM

Yeah, I can too, and I do...still doesn't change the fact that I'm still not gaining AP fast enough.

I mean, really, y'think they'd reward you for varying your moves.
#6judgementaeonPosted 2/13/2013 7:30:07 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...

Yeah, I can too, and I do...still doesn't change the fact that I'm still not gaining AP fast enough.

I mean, really, y'think they'd reward you for varying your moves.

Yeah, I don't get AP fast either XD
But I'm more into Emmett's playstyle than Jak's now, so I'm probably doing really bad with Jak now >_<
---
Soooo borrreed >_<
#7NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:34:16 PM
But I'm more into Emmett's playstyle than Jak's now, so I'm probably doing really bad with Jak now >_<

Yeah, Emmett's fun. Bit too reliant on camping for me, though, and he's got crap mobility. Least he has guns, my favorite :3
#8Doom_JPosted 2/13/2013 7:35:27 PM
Yea they screwed him. He's definitely viable and good/fun to play as (especially when using his under-utilized moves to cause confusion and for resets) but he is simply below the average cast mate, and in high lvl play has to be spammy with the wave concussor or else he will not win.
#9judgementaeonPosted 2/13/2013 7:35:55 PM
NDgamer1122 posted...

Yeah, Emmett's fun. Bit too reliant on camping for me, though, and he's got crap mobility. Least he has guns, my favorite :3

Actually, I don't use his O moves much O_O I do from time to time though lol
---
Soooo borrreed >_<
#10NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:40:21 PM
Actually, I don't use his O moves much O_O I do from time to time though lol

Wut. That's like, his whole strategy you're throwing out the window.