I still stand by the fact that Jak is underpowered.

#41Doom_JPosted 2/14/2013 8:14:02 AM
Charizard18 posted...
NDgamer1122 posted...
That's a good idea. Also, they need to make it so the eco-vent ALWAYS kills someone who touches it, though i guess his better bubble would make that redundant

Yeah, it always pissed me off that someone would have their foot on the eco vent, and then it's just like "lawl, not dying"

This is probably known, but the vent isn't part of the level 1 hitbox. It's only Jak, actually managed to avoid it once while I was messing around with Drake, I did his down square slide right as a Jak used it and went right under it and lived xD

See, this is the kind of stuff im talking about. It's rediculous that you can totally avoid him like this, in addition to him being pretty easy to hit out of it (I do it quite often against other Jak's) and barely coming out faster than sweet tooth's lvl 1. BTW sweet tooth wrecks this expensive super on reaction. Rediculous
#42Doom_JPosted 2/14/2013 8:21:34 AM
Narrasand posted...
Jak is not UP.... Well maybe he is but people make good use of him BY SPAMMING HIS NEUTRAL TRIANGLE TO HELL AND HIS DOWN O.

You can't cry about people using what are basically his bnb. Down O is pretty much his best combo starter, and as for the gun, it has pretty good lag in-between every three shots. ratchets has WAAAAY better recovery time on his blaster, and honestly, if your losing to that kind of spam, you're just being outplayed
#43NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:34:36 AM
I used to hate level 1 but I realize how good it is now and if you give it a bigger hitbox, it will become cheap. After a knockdown in the corner from the blaster, level 1 will pretty much be a guaranteed kill. There are good ways to combo into level 1. Concussor wave, C.Wave on wakeup, wallbounce, it can punish pretty well and counter moves also and it's godlike in 2v2 of you have good reaction time. You can use stage hazards to your advantage, any place without walls and there's more but I'm done for now lol.

For the corner thing, you'd still have to read the opponent's wakeup. The active frames on Jak's level 1 is pretty short, so faking Jak out and staying down, or getting up straight instead of rolling away would all be a part of that mindgame. Besides, Ratchet can do the same thing with his level 1, and it has way more active frames.

As for the hit confirms, they're very hard to pull off and super situational. I've yet to get one of them to work. I cannot, for the life of me, even get the backwards fully charged WC into Peace Maker confirm to work in practice mode. As for backwards WC breaking their block, most good opponents know it breaks blocks, and dodge right through it.

And yeah, it can be pretty good with good reaction time...keyword there. Not everyone has the godly reaction time to make this useful. When other level 1s are more about getting in about the right position and good timing, a level 1 like Jak's requires exact positioning and amazing timing. This is part of what makes it worse than most others.

Just face it, Lucario. In comparison to most of the rest of the cast, Jak's level 1 is terrible. I say Jak, Nariko, Big Daddy, and Sir Dan's level 1s all need a good buff.
#44Lucarioaura22Posted 2/14/2013 9:17:58 AM
NDgamer1122 posted...
I used to hate level 1 but I realize how good it is now and if you give it a bigger hitbox, it will become cheap. After a knockdown in the corner from the blaster, level 1 will pretty much be a guaranteed kill. There are good ways to combo into level 1. Concussor wave, C.Wave on wakeup, wallbounce, it can punish pretty well and counter moves also and it's godlike in 2v2 of you have good reaction time. You can use stage hazards to your advantage, any place without walls and there's more but I'm done for now lol.

For the corner thing, you'd still have to read the opponent's wakeup. The active frames on Jak's level 1 is pretty short, so faking Jak out and staying down, or getting up straight instead of rolling away would all be a part of that mindgame. Besides, Ratchet can do the same thing with his level 1, and it has way more active frames.

As for the hit confirms, they're very hard to pull off and super situational. I've yet to get one of them to work. I cannot, for the life of me, even get the backwards fully charged WC into Peace Maker confirm to work in practice mode. As for backwards WC breaking their block, most good opponents know it breaks blocks, and dodge right through it.

And yeah, it can be pretty good with good reaction time...keyword there. Not everyone has the godly reaction time to make this useful. When other level 1s are more about getting in about the right position and good timing, a level 1 like Jak's requires exact positioning and amazing timing. This is part of what makes it worse than most others.

Just face it, Lucario. In comparison to most of the rest of the cast, Jak's level 1 is terrible. I say Jak, Nariko, Big Daddy, and Sir Dan's level 1s all need a good buff.

His level 1 doesn't suck. It's just not reliable as you want it to be. What I gather from your whole response is that you are easily fooled and don't have mind games. Just face it, ND. You need to work harder at it. You don't need godly reaction or anything like that. I noticed people complain about Jak being situational but what I learned is that HE creates the situation himself and does it quite well.
---
We do what we must.................
#45NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:52:49 AM
His level 1 doesn't suck. It's just not reliable as you want it to be. What I gather from your whole response is that you are easily fooled and don't have mind games. Just face it, ND. You need to work harder at it. You don't need godly reaction or anything like that. I noticed people complain about Jak being situational but what I learned is that HE creates the situation himself and does it quite well.

Yeah, y'know what, I do work hard at it. Very hard. I'm always trying to find a good time to use my level 1, but with how narrow it is, and how easy it is to get hit out of it, it's difficult. It leaves me wide open to more horizontal based level 1s if I miss, and it has a high cost, which is even more incentive not to miss with it, especially since Jak's AP gain is below average. 150 AP is just waaay too much for this thing.
#46ImDyinSquirtlePosted 2/14/2013 10:33:11 AM(edited)
The only Jak main I ever saw who kept saying "Jak is fine" was PhoenixAssassin, and no one has seen him in weeks.

I started getting the hang of how to use Jak's level 1, but there's no reason for it to be 150 AP. I believe it should be ~100 just because there's a lot more risk involved to get it to connect. But I do usually win FFAs solely by relying on his level 1 (and ocassionally the accidental level 2)

Which reminds me, PLEASE make the level 2 either start up faster, or have a bigger radius

I think the Arc Wielder is fine now after the buff. Beam Reflexor is still almost useless though. It could really use a little bit more distance or faster startup or something
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#47NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:00:01 AM
I think the Arc Wielder is fine now after the buff. Beam Reflexor is still almost useless though. It could really use a little bit more distance or faster startup or something

Really would be nice for Arc Wielder to be 20 instead of 16. 16 is just such an odd number.

But yeah, Beam Reflexor, dear lord. It'd be a decent poke if it actually went anywhere and didn't have an awkward start up time. I also hate how sometimes you'll fire it twice when you use it in the air and then hit the ground, and it'll fire again, leaving you wide open.
#48Sora65Posted 2/14/2013 11:04:12 AM
I main Jak and I've become beastly with his lvl 1 super now. If I play it right, I can get a kill with every use of it as long as my combo worked out. most people try to rush me so I just give it a split second before I use it and I always get the kill.

I might not have the godly reaction time you're all talking about but I can accurately predict a players attacks(mostly cause everyone is either Kratos, Raiden or Drake) and use my lvl 1 to great ends.
---
You're Forgetin' one very important thing Mate; I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. Savvy?
#49Doom_JPosted 2/14/2013 11:11:23 AM
On an unrelated note, whatever happened to the mirror match tourney? Is that just not gonna happen now?
#50Lucarioaura22Posted 2/14/2013 12:25:49 PM
Doom_J posted...
On an unrelated note, whatever happened to the mirror match tourney? Is that just not gonna happen now?

Wondered this myself. I would love to have it go down but imagine the drama that would stem from it lol.
---
We do what we must.................