Moveset for Amaterasu

#1NDgamer1122Posted 2/14/2013 10:25:54 AM
As in, the main character from the game Okami

Has three weapons in her moveset: The Divine Retribution reflector, the Devout Beads rosary, and the Tsumugari glaive.

Square moves:

Ground:
NS: Reflector slash. Can be 5 hit combo.
SS: Rosary whip. Slower, longer range attack. Can be 4 hit combo.
US: Glaive launcher. Uses glaive to launch opponents in air. Hold button to follow.
DS: Dig. Hold down to dig a hole in which to temporarily trap opponents.

Air:
NS: Air reflector slash. Can be 3 hit combo.
SS: Air rosary whip. Slower and longer range. Can be 3 hit combo.
US: Glaive upper slash. Knocks them up higher.
DS: Lily pad drop. Jumps off of a lily pad, which extends jump and hits enemies below you.

Triangle moves:

Ground:
NT: Reflector shield. Counters attacks and directly does a pile driver counter attack, or reflects projectiles.
ST: Rosary shot. shoots rosary beads rapid fire. Has 6 shots max. Needs some time to recharge after use.
UT: Angled rosary shot. Shoots beads diagonally upwards.
DT: Glaive charge. Charges glaive for a powerful charging attack.

Air:
NT: Air reflector shield. Same as ground, but cannot do pile driver from counter.
ST: Air rosary shot. Same as ground, but cannot be shot rapid fire
UT: Same as ground.
DT: Air glaive charge. Same as ground, but locks onto nearest target.

Circle moves:

Ground:
NO: Bloom. Draws circle in the air, which blooms cherry blossom leaves. Stuns opponent.
SO: Galestorm. Draws wind swirl. Blows opponents and projectiles away, similarly to Sackboy's fan.
UO: Vine. Shoots vine upward and latches on to enemies, pulling you towards them. Has slight homing angle.
DO: Cherry Bomb. Draws a large cherry bomb and drops it, exploding after a few seconds, or with whoever else comes in contact with it. Can be rolled around by the one who dropped it.

Air:
NO: Air Bloom. Same as ground, but sends them spiraling upwards.
SO: Air Galestorm. Same as ground.
UO: Air Vine. Same as ground.
DO: Air Cherry Bomb. Same as ground.

Supers:
Level 1: Power Slash - Amaterasu surrounds her front, back, and top side with floating paper, which quickly get slashed in that order, killing anyone hit by the slashes.
Level 2: Sunrise - Howls at the sky and the sun appears, making wide diagonal ray of light shine in front of Amaterasu. Anyone in the light gets killed.
Levle 3: Shiranui reborn - Gains the markings and white wispy fluff of Shiranui, and the 3 weapons turn into the final versions of each class (Solar Flare for the reflector, Tundra Beads for the rosary, Thunder Edge for the glaive). All of Amaterasu's attacks kill, her brush techniques are improved, and the Viel of Mist starts off the super, slowing all other players down as if they were hit by a freeze missile for 3 seconds.
#2boy_luckPosted 2/14/2013 10:45:25 AM
Awesome moveset. Amaterasu is my favorite character of all time and she'd be far too awesome in this game.

However, I'd change a few things. I'd make the cherry bomb her lvl1, and make her Shiranui for her lvl2 two and give her a stun attack during it a la Raiden. And for her lvl3, it would bring down the drawing board so that she can use the celestial brush to slash opponents. At first they are stunned so that she can get three easy kills, then they can move, but the brush should be fast enough so that she can get at least three more kills.

Ammy is awesome!
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied: http://i49.tinypic.com/2elgh07.png
#3NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:59:35 AM
Awesome moveset. Amaterasu is my favorite character of all time and she'd be far too awesome in this game.

However, I'd change a few things. I'd make the cherry bomb her lvl1, and make her Shiranui for her lvl2 two and give her a stun attack during it a la Raiden. And for her lvl3, it would bring down the drawing board so that she can use the celestial brush to slash opponents. At first they are stunned so that she can get three easy kills, then they can move, but the brush should be fast enough so that she can get at least three more kills.

Ammy is awesome!

I feel like implementing the whole drawing thing would be difficult, even if it is only power slashing. Reason I made power slashing her level 1 is that it's the standard, very often used thing to finish off enemies, so I figured emulating its common use by making it a level 1 would be best.

The sunrise really should be in there, just due to the fact that Ammy is the sun god. I thought it would make for a neat level 2.

And as for her level 3, transformation supers are generally the best, and I made her's really good.

Only thing I regret is leaving out fire, lightning, and blizzard, but those are usually only used with a nearby source of each. Perhaps they can be implemented into her throws. For example...

Throws:
Side: Burns enemy with fire and launches them sideways
Up: Knocks enemy into air and zaps them with lightning
Down: Freezes enemy with ice
#4boy_luckPosted 2/14/2013 11:26:15 AM(edited)
NDgamer1122 posted...

Ammy is awesome!

I feel like implementing the whole drawing thing would be difficult, even if it is only power slashing. Reason I made power slashing her level 1 is that it's the standard, very often used thing to finish off enemies, so I figured emulating its common use by making it a level 1 would be best.

The sunrise really should be in there, just due to the fact that Ammy is the sun god. I thought it would make for a neat level 2.

And as for her level 3, transformation supers are generally the best, and I made her's really good.

Only thing I regret is leaving out fire, lightning, and blizzard, but those are usually only used with a nearby source of each. Perhaps they can be implemented into her throws. For example...

Throws:
Side: Burns enemy with fire and launches them sideways
Up: Knocks enemy into air and zaps them with lightning
Down: Freezes enemy with ice

They can make the board work in a way that you just need to press a button and the brush automatically creates a slash and homes in on very nearby opponents without sacrificing killing time. As for the Sun thing, they can make it a la Emmett. If you press circle, the brush draws a circle that creates a sun and everyone caught in the beams dies.
---
#5boy_luckPosted 2/14/2013 11:39:12 AM
Bumping cuz Ammy should be in this game.
---
#6FF_FiendPosted 2/14/2013 1:03:53 PM
Not exactly a playstation all-star, considering that half of the two Okami games appeared on a Nintendo handheld.

Then again, Bioshock dude is in there, and he should really be in xbox all-stars.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#7NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:13:01 PM
Not exactly a playstation all-star, considering that half of the two Okami games appeared on a Nintendo handheld.

Then again, Bioshock dude is in there, and he should really be in xbox all-stars.

Considering the first game came out only on PS2, and the HD version is only on PS3. I'd say she'd fit in really well.

I mean, the Wii version was just a port, and the DS sequel involved a different character, so I'd say Ammy is really more part of the PS brand.
#8TerraponPosted 2/14/2013 1:15:36 PM
Why am i thinking of a wolf when i hear that name....
---
xENDERSgotGAMEx (PSN)
#9NDgamer1122(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:16:30 PM
Why am i thinking of a wolf when i hear that name....

Because she is a wolf :I

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080912235434/capcomdatabase/images/f/fc/OkamiAmaterasu.png
#10JAHBRONERZPosted 2/14/2013 2:08:20 PM
Aw HECK YEAH!!

I totally forgot about Okami!! 8D I hope she comes out ahaha. XD