Simple tip for hitting supers out of combos easier.

#1blaze19_0XPosted 2/14/2013 5:26:52 PM
Switch your R2 and R1 buttons. Now Supers will be done with R1 which is a regular button as opposed to a lol analog trigger. That means you can press it a lot quicker and more precisely.

R2 will be obviously for items now but that's fine, items in this game don't require precise execution, you have to halt before you can even pick them up.
#2J_Dawg_Posted 2/14/2013 5:35:05 PM
where is r2 on vita????????????
---
Sly should be made trash tier cause raccoons like to rummage through trash. - jump__0
PSN: Mooglebane | PSASBR: Jak, Ratchet, Kat
#3IcyFlamez96Posted 2/14/2013 5:36:58 PM
J_Dawg_ posted...
where is r2 on vita????????????

On the 7th dimensional touchpad next to the southeast directional button.
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#4Garfield64Posted 2/14/2013 6:08:46 PM
I Pro tipped it a step FARTHER day 1.

I made R -> Dodge/Block

I made L -> Super

and I made grab weapons R2.

BTW I have complained to Superbot like 100 times to fix vita to change controls, and to Santa Monica about 3 times.
---
~~~Do you plan to buy a Vita or recently get one? ~~~
Want $20 PSN Credit from Sony for it? PM me for link to it ^_^
#5KindertotenwaldPosted 2/14/2013 6:13:44 PM
I fail to see how it makes it easier :/

Its all preference.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#6sinncrossPosted 2/14/2013 6:44:26 PM
hmm interesting.... im willing to test this out..
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#7blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 6:45:30 PM
Kindertotenwald posted...

Its all preference.

You don't see how analog triggers are bad for fighting games? Especially terrible ones like the PS3?
#8Doom_JPosted 2/14/2013 6:52:20 PM
blaze19_0X posted...

Its all preference.

You don't see how analog triggers are bad for fighting games? Especially terrible ones like the PS3?

It makes sense in theory. I'm curious, though, do you think that the xbox controller is better for fighting games than the ps3? Not that I think you were explicitly impying this.
#9blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:05:07 PM(edited)
Doom_J posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Its all preference.

It makes sense in theory. I'm curious, though, do you think that the xbox controller is better for fighting games than the ps3? Not that I think you were explicitly impying this.

The Xbox Dpad is AWFUL for fighting games. So I certainly prefer the PS3 controller overall as I tend to use the Dpad (which is strange because I have no problem using analogs for Smash lol). I think it's because the PS3 analogs feel too loose. Also I prefer the face buttons on the PS controller.

Then again I haven't extensively tested with the Xbox controller (only played friend's Xbox a few times) but that's the vibe I got.

However, I might get a USB converter soon so I can use my old PS2 controller, the best option imo. You don't have to deal with wireless lag either this way. Not to mention PS2 analogs>>>>PS3 analogs. I hate how loose the PS3 analogs feel. They are fine for most genres but when you need super precise control it can get a bit messy.
#10Doom_JPosted 2/14/2013 7:21:01 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Doom_J posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Its all preference.

The Xbox Dpad is AWFUL for fighting games. So I certainly prefer the PS3 controller overall as I tend to use the Dpad (which is strange because I have no problem using analogs for Smash lol). I think it's because the PS3 analogs feel too loose. Also I prefer the face buttons on the PS controller.

Then again I haven't extensively tested with the Xbox controller (only played friend's Xbox a few times) but that's the vibe I got.

However, I might get a USB converter soon so I can use my old PS2 controller, the best option imo. You don't have to deal with wireless lag either this way. Not to mention PS2 analogs>>>>PS3 analogs. I hate how loose the PS3 analogs feel. They are fine for most genres but when you need super precise control it can get a bit messy.

Oh ok. Yeah xbox d-pad is terrible for fighters. I've got an xbox and had MVC3 on it, and it was pretty much unplayable on there (had it on ps3 as well, but my brother broke it) . But for some reason there's the odd fellows who actually say they perfer it (could be attributed to fanboy bias, because I just don't see it, but different strokes for different folks, i guess).

And I completely agree, the analog buttons for the ps3 are way to loose for being percise. That usb converter sounds like a good investment, but im surprised you didn't say a joystick (I personally can't use 'em that well, never got the hang of them even in the arcade days, but almost everyone seems to recommend these, especially for taking fighters seriously).