Simple tip for hitting supers out of combos easier.

#11blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:31:59 PM(edited)
Well a good joystick/fightstick costs around 150 dollars.
A PS2 USB adapter converter costs...about 4 bucks. Lol.

Plus I've never been a true arcade fan so I'm not fond of joysticks.

Also people that say you HAVE to have them if you are taking fighters seriously tend to be heavily biased. It depends on the character and game and several major tournaments in the past have been won by strictly pad players (regular controllers). So there goes that theory.

Some characters like Zangief in SF4 apparently work better with a regular controller.

I think the misunderstanding came because people saw the majority of pros were using fightsticks but this isn't because fightsticks are always better than controllers. It's because a lot of these players grew up in the arcades so of course, that's going to be what they are used to and their comfort zone.
#12Doom_JPosted 2/14/2013 8:44:27 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Well a good joystick/fightstick costs around 150 dollars.
A PS2 USB adapter converter costs...about 4 bucks. Lol.

Plus I've never been a true arcade fan so I'm not fond of joysticks.

Also people that say you HAVE to have them if you are taking fighters seriously tend to be heavily biased. It depends on the character and game and several major tournaments in the past have been won by strictly pad players (regular controllers). So there goes that theory.

Some characters like Zangief in SF4 apparently work better with a regular controller.

I think the misunderstanding came because people saw the majority of pros were using fightsticks but this isn't because fightsticks are always better than controllers. It's because a lot of these players grew up in the arcades so of course, that's going to be what they are used to and their comfort zone.

Lol true. That's pretty much what I figured about the Joystick just being a preference (or sponsored players possibly pushing their sponsors agenda). I mean don't alot more of the top mvc3 players use controllers? I would have thought, however, that Zangief would be easier with a joystick because of the full circle moves. But yeah, I wasn't much for the arcades either, so I wouldn't know
#13BluBlue4Posted 2/14/2013 10:15:23 PM
TC it might depend on the type of adapter you get. You might end up having an odd setup, or losing the triggers.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668999-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/64774300
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon
#14LaKizzle23Posted 2/14/2013 11:13:53 PM
I disagree completely with this advice.

If your controller is working fine, then you should have no problem pressing the R2 button at the end of a combo/hit confirm.

When it comes to hitting raw specials however, that's when you begin to understand why specials are placed on an analog trigger. Timing your specials is everything, and when you can lightly place your finger on a trigger (even at times pressing it slightly without actually activating the special) you can hone your hand eye coordination to be beastly.

There have been so many times where I've been in situations where my mind would say "Activate the SUPER" but my finger would stop pushing the trigger short of the point where the super would activate (dat clutch). I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one whose experienced this either... Am I?
---
PSN: Lakizzle23
Mains: Dante (the best ever) , Good Cole (starting to suck with him...)