1v1 concerns

#1xxterradarkxxxPosted 2/15/2013 8:32:33 AM
So 1v1...
I find this not to be an appealing idea for mode for about two reasons.

The first is that many people have much better air mobility than other characters. This is allows them to assault you from a distance, or while you are chasing them, meaning that they are gaining meter more than you are.

Another thing is that blocking has no true way to be stopped. You can grab a person, but if someone is just blocking while they are running to you, all you'd have to do is fire off a quick attack before they can launch theirs, or maybe you grab them before they can grab you. Idk, I'm used to seeing either blocking being broken down over time (kind of like smash) or you have different levels of attacks (high to low) that can mess up a person blocking and let you begin a combo.

Idk just things I was thinking about. Anybody else have thoughts?
---
Psn: zslayer89
#2CrabhammarPosted 2/15/2013 8:47:54 AM
Agree on air camping, not on block. Grabs are DEVESTATING in this game.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
#3Retroxgamer0Posted 2/15/2013 8:52:10 AM
almost nearing a lvl3 and then getting thrown 3 times and change the entire game
#4xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:57:27 AM
Crabhammar posted...

I know they are devasting, but i feel like turtling is too strong. Ive seen a sweeet tooth just lay a mine in front of himself and block. All day almost because on block the people landes on the mine
---
#5rahmed51387Posted 2/15/2013 9:20:08 AM
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Crabhammar posted...

I know they are devasting, but i feel like turtling is too strong. Ive seen a sweeet tooth just lay a mine in front of himself and block. All day almost because on block the people landes on the mine

That fault lies with the assailant for not choosing an attack that is either out of the mine's way or destroys the mine with it. And again, grabs.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#6NDgamer1122Posted 2/15/2013 9:35:55 AM
1v1's kinda boring, especially in Stock or Kill limit mode. There's way too much playing super safe, and the match tends to drag on.
#7AllmightyJebusPosted 2/15/2013 9:51:35 AM
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Crabhammar posted...

You can always hit him with projectiles and you'll win AP while he don't.
---
Come on, slam! And welcome to the jam!
Pokemon Black FC: 2366 1933 3349
#8xxterradarkxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 10:00:36 AM
AllmightyJebus posted...
xxterradarkxxx posted...
Crabhammar posted...

You can always hit him with projectiles and you'll win AP while he don't.

Unless you dont have good projectiles lol
---
#9DemonSlayer92Posted 2/15/2013 10:42:54 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
almost nearing a lvl3 and then getting thrown once and change the entire game

Fix'd.
---
I am the Official STEELIX of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
and Married to Delia Ketchum
#10blaze19_0XPosted 2/15/2013 10:47:00 AM
Blocking is a bit too easy in this game.

Anyone's that's played other fighters can probably attest to this.

As TC said either the block depletes over time and can be poked through (Smash) or you have to block high/low/back/front (traditional fighters).

I mean even aesthetically it makes no sense. It looks really stupid when you are facing the wrong direction blocking and yet attacks from behind you are still being blocked.