Of course, a free cookie is always worth sharing

Yay ^o^
*eats her half of cookie*

And I eat my half
---
"There is nothing more dark than one's own soul..." Mr. Selacia, Metalocalypse
PSN: VonStoogiN Feel free to add me. I usually play PS All-Stars
#52CourtneyGearsV2Posted 2/18/2013 11:55:52 AM
Im kinda with the TC on this. Not spending a single bolt on the DLC until I see more robotic characters
---
Dr. Nefarious, Cyber Erol, Clockwerk, Robbit, Ultra-V, Omega Boost, Tiny Tank, Sackbot, Megaman, KOS-MOS, Robo, and Glitch for ASBR DLC! <3
;-]
#53Doom_JPosted 2/18/2013 1:22:53 PM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
Doom_J posted...
1. I'll check for myself. Like I said, IF IN NAME ONLY Dante is Dante, im not going to argue semantics with you about nuances and apperances, and you know full well that wasn't in superbots control by this point. Capcom HATED old Dante. Period.

2. Are you just going to ignore what I said about the games being GOOD? What do any of those games have to do with the fact that Jersey Devil sucked and DIDN'T need a sequel? I hate to say it, but your just throwing out a bunch of logical fallacies at this point, man.

3. Yea it is a matter of opinion. Im not trying to change your mind about liking him or not, but the GENERAL OPINION was that he is an annoying loudmouth that spouted tired movie references (even back then) who's 3d games were in no way as big a deal as some would like to believe. If Crystal Dynamics allowed him in over someone like Kain or Raziel, there would probably be (and should be) public outrage.

1.-Then DONīT use it.
Why put a character nobody wants but the company yhat is trying to sink such hated character down into the consumerīs throats?

At least Nitsuma and his team had the pants to ask for Real Dante and not used Donte.

Is not just a matter of appearances or looks, for example look Heihachi, he have a new look again, I am a hardcore Heihachi fan and I am very pleased with t he change, in the other hand you have Donte, a disrespectful move from Crapcom and Ninja Theory to all DMC fans very different.

2.-It have to do in the sense you are saying Jersey Devil was a bad game based only in your crappy opinion and saying it got no sequel for that, when I say it ws actually a good game. Opinions. any problem?

3.-Again.. "general opinion" according to what? what is your source? I hate Assasinīs Creep and so are all my friends, does that means everyone hates the franchise? donīt be a tool.

1. Just proved yourself to be the sterotypical fanboy who's blind to reason here again. You say don't use it. But how many people would feel that way if he wasn't in game at all? A few too cool guys, thats probably it.

2. Based on the few reviews the game got, it was an objectively bad game. I don't see how you could argue this poin. the gameplay was shallow, very glitchy, very slippery controls, etc. This game came out around the same time as Mario 64, can you tell me with a straight face its even comparable?

3. Game informer circa 98. I don't have a copy to post on this board, but that is one of several gaming sources that blasted the games at the time for it's annoying mascot. Also, ask anyone who's old enough to actually remembers gex. We can put it to a poll if you like. General opinion isn't fact, but I've yet to see any evidence of why objectively he would make for a good inclusion in all stars. Plus, as i've already said before, he didn't even start out on the playstation. You are the only person I've ever seen lobby for gex and blasto, that should tell you something.
#54Doom_JPosted 2/18/2013 1:31:25 PM
Snovvbub posted...
Lol @ this "opinion is fact" argument.

Neither of you are right, you're literally just scrathing at each other's throats, screaming "I like that character!" "Well, I don't!"

Saying all fans of DMC hate new Dante, saying nobody likes Gex or whatever, NONE of you have a legitimate basis to argue.

It's fine to put your opinion on display, but don't shove it down anyone's throat, or try to pass it off as fact. Nobody is going to take you seriously for that.

Well saying nobody likes gex may be a stretch, obviously TC does, but as for legitimate basis? look at a review for any of his games after the first (if you can find them nowadays) I've read reviews and had gaming magizines since the late 90's that would state the general opinion of Gex being unlikeable.

Also, numbers don't lie. Ask anyone on this board if they know who gex is. Out of those couple people, ask how many actually like him. Out of those few, ask how many feel his inclusion in this game would have a positive impact.

Until you give me a serious statement that proves otherwise, MY "opinion" holds water. No need to white Knight this argument, most are based on opinion's anyway, so it's a moot point.
#55SnovvbubPosted 2/18/2013 1:35:43 PM
Doom_J posted...
Snovvbub posted...

Neither of you are right, you're literally just scrathing at each other's throats, screaming "I like that character!" "Well, I don't!"

Saying all fans of DMC hate new Dante, saying nobody likes Gex or whatever, NONE of you have a legitimate basis to argue.

It's fine to put your opinion on display, but don't shove it down anyone's throat, or try to pass it off as fact. Nobody is going to take you seriously for that.

Well saying nobody likes gex may be a stretch, obviously TC does, but as for legitimate basis? look at a review for any of his games after the first (if you can find them nowadays) I've read reviews and had gaming magizines since the late 90's that would state the general opinion of Gex being unlikeable.

Also, numbers don't lie. Ask anyone on this board if they know who gex is. Out of those couple people, ask how many actually like him. Out of those few, ask how many feel his inclusion in this game would have a positive impact.

Until you give me a serious statement that proves otherwise, MY "opinion" holds water. No need to white Knight this argument, most are based on opinion's anyway, so it's a moot point.

It's still an opinion, and HE evidently dosen't like Gex, so don' shove it down his throat. The same goes from him to you.

Having the majority agree with your opinion dosen't give you the right to force it upon him either.

MY point is moot? You're the one trying to pass off your opinion as fact.
---
I only love inFAMOUS 1.
I don't care what happens to the series anymore, Suckerpunch is dead to me.
#56Doom_JPosted 2/18/2013 3:00:30 PM
Snovvbub posted...
Doom_J posted...
Snovvbub posted...

It's still an opinion, and HE evidently dosen't like Gex, so don' shove it down his throat. The same goes from him to you.

Having the majority agree with your opinion dosen't give you the right to force it upon him either.

Never said my opinion was fact. But I suppose your right about forcing my opinion (as well as others) on him. I'm obviously not changing his mind. However, your attacking my opinion is making this just a self fullfilling prophecy.

Do you know what reasonable doubt is? Strong opinon that is generally agreed upon giving credence to a theory until proven otherwise. Prove to me that their is an active fanbase for Gex, or at the least that there is a majority who would want him in here. I could definitely find more evidence of those being indifferent to hating him. Hell, one of Judgemateaons post's is part of my evidence.

As I said, most arguments come down to matters of opinion. Bringing up the fact that they are opinions, and therfore aren't credible arguments is a moot point, especially when evidence could be supported one way or another. If I was colorblind, I could argue with you that the sky is gray, not blue. That is to say, not even fact set in stone. There is no absolute in any argument (hence exceptions to the rule).
#57SnovvbubPosted 2/18/2013 3:20:14 PM
Doom_J posted...
Snovvbub posted...
Doom_J posted...
Snovvbub posted...

Never said my opinion was fact. But I suppose your right about forcing my opinion (as well as others) on him. I'm obviously not changing his mind. However, your attacking my opinion is making this just a self fullfilling prophecy.

Do you know what reasonable doubt is? Strong opinon that is generally agreed upon giving credence to a theory until proven otherwise. Prove to me that their is an active fanbase for Gex, or at the least that there is a majority who would want him in here. I could definitely find more evidence of those being indifferent to hating him. Hell, one of Judgemateaons post's is part of my evidence.

As I said, most arguments come down to matters of opinion. Bringing up the fact that they are opinions, and therfore aren't credible arguments is a moot point, especially when evidence could be supported one way or another. If I was colorblind, I could argue with you that the sky is gray, not blue. That is to say, not even fact set in stone. There is no absolute in any argument (hence exceptions to the rule).

So nothing is fact, and everything that can be argued is an opinion?

Fine. Then you're a twelve year old.

According to everything you just said, my argument has just as much validation as anything you say to counter it. Well done, you've painted yourself into a corner quite nicely.
---
I only love inFAMOUS 1.
I don't care what happens to the series anymore, Suckerpunch is dead to me.