Kat ISN'T overpowered

#1DireProphecyPosted 2/15/2013 9:05:15 AM
in 2 v 2 or FFA. She might be in 1 v 1 but that isn't even a legitimate game mode as of yet so developers couldn't care less.

Also, quit with this nonsense about her grab being broken. It has twice as much cooldown as normal grabs which is a fair trade-off for hitting both sides of her.
#2NDgamer1122Posted 2/15/2013 9:09:32 AM
She probably is in 1v1, but that's unbalanced anyway, and is not an official game mode.

While she hasn't been particularly OP looking in the other modes yet, it has only been 3 days. Guess we'll see if the good Kats end up being OP or not.
#3NarrasandPosted 2/15/2013 9:12:17 AM
Could we stop having these threads? People get it already...
---
PSN:narrasand436
#4DireProphecy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:15:23 AM
NDgamer1122 posted...
She probably is in 1v1, but that's unbalanced anyway, and is not an official game mode.

While she hasn't been particularly OP looking in the other modes yet, it has only been 3 days. Guess we'll see if the good Kats end up being OP or not.

I agree, and I think we should give the benefit of the doubt to a character who has only been out for 3 days, which is why I am arguing that Kat isn't OP. On paper when you list all of her strengths she seems broken, but in actual play in 2 v 2 or FFA it doesn't all pan out so nicely. Kat will be interrupted many times in those modes, and I would even say her moveset is geared towards 1 v 1, meaning she isn't good at handling a crowd.
#5DireProphecy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:16:16 AM
Narrasand posted...
Could we stop having these threads? People get it already...

No they don't. I see too many "Kat's grab is broken" said everywhere.
#6blaze19_0XPosted 2/15/2013 9:38:33 AM(edited)
I don't think anybody has claimed she's OP for FFA or 2 vs 2, it's always been for 1 vs 1.

Also her grab is basically a better version of Ratchet's grab. Ratchet's grab only leads into a raw level 1.

Her grab leads into a level 1+75AP OR 155AP flat. And it has much less cooldown than Ratchet's grab while grabbing both ways. And she has far better mobility tools than Ratchet to get in and get that grab.

So it's:

Kat's grab>Ratchet's grab>Evil Cole's grab

Evil Cole's grab doesn't even work on Nariko, Big Daddy, Kat(?), Toro, Parappa and Sackboy.
#7DireProphecy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:45:59 AM
blaze19_0X posted...
I don't think anybody has claimed she's OP for FFA or 2 vs 2, it's always been for 1 vs 1.

Also her grab is basically a better version of Ratchet's grab. Ratchet's grab only leads into a raw level 1.

Her grab leads into a level 1+75AP OR 155AP flat. And it has much less cooldown than Ratchet's grab while grabbing both ways. And she has far better mobility tools than Ratchet to get in and get that grab.

So it's:

Evil Cole's grab doesn't even work on Nariko, Big Daddy, Kat(?), Toro, Parappa and Sackboy.

Any of her grab shenanigans are likely to be interrupted in 2 v 2 or FFA anyways. If you are ranking the grabs based on the things they can do out of them, then yes that list is accurate. However, as a grab by itself, Kat's grab isn't all that because it has so much cooldown.
#8urbanpwner2Posted 2/15/2013 10:43:15 AM
DireProphecy posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

So it's:

Any of her grab shenanigans are likely to be interrupted in 2 v 2 or FFA anyways. If you are ranking the grabs based on the things they can do out of them, then yes that list is accurate. However, as a grab by itself, Kat's grab isn't all that because it has so much cooldown.

Not surr if its just ne but sometimes her dwn grab flatens,most likely cuz of lag. Sry doing this from phone.
---
PSN:corbin1xo
PSASBR MAIN:Spike,Drake,Heihachi,Cole(s) Kat and Kratos