Parappa boombox glitch?

#1red_latias77Posted 2/15/2013 9:15:09 AM
so I was just playing an online match on the San Francisco as Parappa, and somehow I used my boombox so that it got stuck *inside* the platform on the left, and it just went crazy, giving lots of AP, and I got my level 3 in like 5 seconds.

then I noticed that my partner had quit (they had the red bars before I got my level 3 and then I got a host DC) so I thought it was lag, but I tried it in training mode and it still worked (but went away after about a second, but it still took me to level 1...)

could someone else test this to see if it works? o_o
---
PSASBR: Fat Princess, Toro
#2J_Dawg_Posted 2/15/2013 9:17:17 AM
Where exactly did you place the boombox?
---
Sly should be made trash tier cause raccoons like to rummage through trash. - jump__0
PSN: Mooglebane | PSASBR: Jak, Ratchet, Kat
#3red_latias77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:19:24 AM
J_Dawg_ posted...
Where exactly did you place the boombox?

I pressed down+Circle just below the platform, so when Parappa jumps up slightly during the animation, it lands right in the middle and gets stuck.

I just tested it on Black Rock Stadium and it worked there too, so it probably works for all platforms.
---
#4Retroxgamer0Posted 2/15/2013 9:21:28 AM(edited)
lol you just gotta believe! * hacks *
#5Retroxgamer0Posted 2/15/2013 9:25:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Retroxgamer0Posted 2/15/2013 9:30:13 AM
ok i just did it on san francisco i see what youre talking about. if you jump into the paltform and lay it, it gets stuck in it and just shoots out a crapload of AP orbs LOL
#7red_latias77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:38:28 AM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ok i just did it on san francisco i see what youre talking about. if you jump into the paltform and lay it, it gets stuck in it and just shoots out a crapload of AP orbs LOL

yeah, it's quite hard to pull off though, and I think it only works on floating platforms.

but I just found an easier way to do it - at the top of Alden's tower, run and jump (a full jump) towards the platform in the middle, and then use it there. I just did it about 4 times in a row in an online match using that (and gave a Kat her level 2...)

It only seems to stay stuck for a second or 2 though, it staying there for longer must've been lag.
---
#8Retroxgamer0Posted 2/15/2013 9:38:34 AM
yeah it takes a few tries to lay it into the platform but if you do, it spits out a lot of orbs
#9Retroxgamer0Posted 2/15/2013 9:51:09 AM
er yeah its definately easier on san francisco than black rock stadium. i only managed it there once. the platforms too thin. i assume it would work best the thicker the platform.
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 2/15/2013 9:57:26 AM
omg you werent kidding its ridiculously spammable/easy at aldens tower 0.0