guard spamming dante

#1metfan57Posted 2/15/2013 11:11:16 AM
what is the point of this? i see low belt dante players who will for the majority of matches only to end up losing. its a common occurrence in online matches for me.
does anyone else notice this?
---
I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE
#2mventrePosted 2/15/2013 11:23:59 AM
I've seen this but usually the Dante knows how to bold cancel or whatever the hell you call it. so all he needs is the initial hit to get a massive ap gain or a kill
---
PSN_ID / XBOX: mventre
3DS: 1504-6480-2103
#3metfan57(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:31:39 AM
mventre posted...
I've seen this but usually the Dante knows how to bold cancel or whatever the hell you call it. so all he needs is the initial hit to get a massive ap gain or a kill

guess that might explain it
---
I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE I'M PRESIDENT CHARLIE
#4fulcar95Posted 2/15/2013 11:36:04 AM
Still never enough to win. As good as Dante's are, even if they know the lvl 1 hit confirm or always do an AP burst combo when they start hitting anyone, I still rarely seem them come out on top.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#5OmegaZero633Posted 2/15/2013 12:16:16 PM
I win about three-fourths of my matches with Dante, but maybe that's because I try to stay mobile instead of standing around holding guard.

Most Dante have a good reason for turtling: his normals are horribly punishable. Unless you know him like the back of your hand, you'll find that he has very few approach options compared to most of the characters.

If it weren't for the empty cancel, he would be low tier for sure, and even with the empty cancel, he has to hope that nobody interrupts his combos.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956. My PSN is OmegaZero633. PM me if you want to add me. :D
Former Official Bear-Wrestler of the NDF, Now Retired.