Rivalry Stage

#1fulcar95Posted 2/15/2013 10:48:43 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this yet, but I love playing on this map, and I'm really glad it's playable not only for free but also online. It's just a really fair and non-hazardous stage where every win is based off of true skill and not luck. There are times when I lose a match because a hazard prevented me from getting my level 3, like being trapped in a floating green bubble, falling into a pit of blades, getting knocked into water and taking so long to get back on the surface, etc. I love the map as much as I love Dojo, which is my favorite because it's so small.
---
"The more you sweat in training, the less blood you lose in war."
#2J_Dawg_Posted 2/15/2013 10:49:59 AM
You like it because you play Nariko.
---
Sly should be made trash tier cause raccoons like to rummage through trash. - jump__0
PSN: Mooglebane | PSASBR: Jak, Ratchet, Kat
#3blaze19_0XPosted 2/15/2013 10:53:04 AM(edited)
I like the stage a lot. Easily one of my favourite stages. HOWEVER:

Just because a stage is small and flat doesn't mean it's balanced for a platform fighter. Certain character do much better on small and flat stages than others.

For instance, it's far easier to get 3 kills from level 3s on said stages. So characters that rely on this clearly have the advantage. Whereas characters that revolve around running away and heavy camping would probably prefer bigger stages.

In Smash, final destination is extremely polarizing for certain matchups so players playing against said characters try to avoid the stage against them if they can.