Unlockable characters for the next game?

#1bartz90Posted 2/15/2013 3:42:36 PM
Do you want unlockable characters for the next game? - Results (49 votes)
Yes
63.27% (31 votes)
No
20.41% (10 votes)
Maybe if... (explain)
16.33% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I don't mind as long as it's not like half the roster, and it's not characters that are prominently being used for hype and advertising *cough*brawl*cough*.

I say yes. I would like if they could be kept sort of secret but that's hard to do in this day and age.
---
-
#2AmyUnleashedPosted 2/15/2013 3:46:28 PM
If they are unnanounced before launch and kept secret as bonus characters then sure.
#3taoxadasaPosted 2/15/2013 3:52:29 PM
If they want any more characters from a series that already have a character (like Murray or Zeus) they should be unlockable.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#4RainbowsaurusPosted 2/15/2013 3:55:49 PM
I don't know, I really like having everyone from the start. I can instantly try all of the characters to see who fits my playstyle best, without having to play through the game with a character I don't like several times to unlock who I really want to main.
---
EMMETT GRAVES MASTER RACE
http://oi49.tinypic.com/21m7saq.jpg
#5Mrpenguin454Posted 2/15/2013 6:15:49 PM
For me: It gives the game a bonus lifetime
---
Deadpool to Servbot "LEGO called they want their promo back"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n32L5-LuGYA
#6SelitePosted 2/15/2013 6:18:23 PM
No, its a lame method that arbitrarily increases playtime which can easily be done without locked characters.

All it really does is exclude a lot of people from playing their favourite character right away.
---
"A woman must not wear mens clothing, nor a man wear womens clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this"
Deuteronomy 22:5
#7IcyFlamez96Posted 2/15/2013 6:19:15 PM
Yes
---
[Not changing sig until a new Ratchet and Clank game that I can be hyped for is announced.]
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, PSN: xQziCyFlaMeZxQz, msg to _krat0s_: K
#8SpacePirateKhanPosted 2/15/2013 6:27:14 PM(edited)
Maybe if it's the Final Boss character in playable form. That's about the only situation I can think of that wouldn't be just annoying.
I enjoyed unlocking alternate costumes and stuff for existing characters, though. Maybe some character costumes like Daisy in Smash Bros.?
---
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"
~Captain Khan
#9EurashalPosted 2/15/2013 6:39:59 PM
Selite posted...
All it really does is exclude a lot of people from playing their favourite character right away.

This. It's annoying wanting to use a specific character but then finding out you have to unlock them. Or taking your copy to play on a friend's console.

Although they could just ask you when you start up the game if you want all characters unlocked, and it'll keep asking you until you meet the conditions regardless of answer.
---
Expect sales to go up in Japan if the Marvel vs Capcom 3 trailer has Jill caught in [Shuma-Gorath's] Chaos Dimension. - DrunkenPilot72