Possible DLC leak? (Don't get too alarmed)

#61TheBestGman2007Posted 2/15/2013 11:46:13 PM
The games roster is like an MLB roster, you've got your:

True All Stars (Guys everyone knows about)
Everyday Starters (Recognizable to most)
"Blue Chpper Guys" (Recognizable to team fans)
Bench Players (Recognizable to hardcore team fans)
September Call-Ups. (Plays 5-10 games, and is ultimately forgotten)

Finn is almost deffinately in the last.
---
So he replies: "and how do I manage?"
I dodge the blast, and apologize for collateral damage.
#62StormBlitzPosted 2/15/2013 11:49:33 PM
If true, they might as well add that black guy from MotorStorm Apocalypse.
---
Lightning is better than Tomba, Abe, Ty, Gex, Croc and Vivi
#63G-ScythePosted 2/15/2013 11:55:46 PM
I've never heard of him or his game before, but honestly he doesn't look bad gameplay-wise (same as I felt with Kat and now i'm considering maining her)

hopefully they do what they did last time and have A/B-lister and a nobody (like Dart and him or something)

i've come to accept that Crash and Spyro are never going to happen a long time ago, so i'm pretty much down for anyone as long as they're fun to play as
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
#64DevourerofLovePosted 2/16/2013 12:20:44 AM
Well, let's look at who we have:

Big Daddy. Not represented in the most pleasing manner move-wise but I'd say he's a rather unique entry. BioShock is well-known and he's the icon.

Cole. We didn't need two, no, but a Cole wasn't bad either.

Radec is rather eh. His outfit also emphasizes conformity so that doesn't help, but so be it.

Dante's been on the PS consoles for some time. He's well-known. Sure, they used the new version of him for publicity and because Capcom hates the old Dante, but still not a bad choice.

Fat Princess is also rather so-so. The game was/is pretty big...for a time. Some people won't know her because of that.

Heihachi is a pretty well-known character. Jak too. And Kratos.

Nariko isn't as known, no. Her game didn't take off like GoW or anything. At the very least, she's an alternative to Kratos.

Nathan Drake is really well-known.

PaRappa and Dan are from cult classics. I'm not sure their games are really, really well-known and loved, but like Abe's games, they have a solid following even today.

Raiden is part publicity, part very long and complex game series character. Perhaps Snake's inclusion in Brawl also made them consider Raiden instead.

Ratchet's well-known.

Sackboy is, to some, the PS3 mascot. He's certainly known to many.

Sly and Sweet Tooth are well-known. Their series' have long-running fan loyalty.

Spike and Toro are better known in Japan than worldwide or the US, I'm sure. At least Ape Escape is still trickling along...kind of.

Emmett and Kat are admittedly kind of so-so. Most people don't seem to have recognized them but they do have different fighting styles.

I would say only about a fourth of the characters are really on the obscure side at all, if one pays attention to more than GoW/Uncharted/etc. I personally knew all 20 original characters.

Remember, at lot of them are from long and/or older series. It's better than only using characters from the top 10 games in the last 5 years, isn't it? Or a bunch from one series? Or side characters? And except in arguably one or two cases, they used one of, if not the, iconic character from each game/series.

Finn is...obscure at best, but I think people should take a breath and stop blowing things out of proportion. SuperBot did a decent job for what may become a series. SSB was far from perfect. Tekken. Mortal Kombat. Perfect? No. But pretty decent. If he's not added, it's not a big loss. If he is, it still isn't.

As far as the cast goes, a decent effort was made and hopefully DLC can fill in some of the gaps still apparent.

lol
---
You are a jailer of love. And so you devour people, piece and whole. Now consume me. You need to eat.
#65sinncrossPosted 2/16/2013 1:52:41 AM
Hazmat963 posted...
taoxadasa posted...
I'd like to see Finn, he'd have a very unique moveset for sure, and could rep the PS Move.

...Does PS Move really need to be repped? Really?

Sure, why not?

Granted a PSP and a JRPG rep are needed first
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#66wwinterj25Posted 2/16/2013 2:14:13 AM(edited)
It wouldn't come as a shock if this is true. Are we also getting Harry Potter? -_-
Honestly though these characters are released in two so wouldn't another character we there? Maybe Zeus because magic vs magic or Dart I guess(Dart would be cool). >.>

All I can say is I doubt I'd pay for this character and using this game for shovelware characters is terrible if true.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#67Crimson_RexPosted 2/16/2013 2:51:53 AM
Finn is voiced by Charlie Schlatter? Raikov!? YES.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#68Kaguya_KimimaroPosted 2/16/2013 3:28:03 AM
I`ve never even heard of this guy OR his game....

Ugh, If true, He better be free like Kat and Emmett for two weeks, otherwise, I wouldn`t get him, He doesn`t sound at all interesting, to me anyway, if he`s free, Meh, I`ll get him, but like FP, Parappa and Kratos, won`t ever use him, will be AI only....But that`s just me...
---
PSN: TwilightGundam01.IMPORTANT Twilight in my name Does NOT mean those stupid movies.
Noire (Neptunia) for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal!, DLC or 2! XD.
#69PegetaPosted 2/16/2013 9:49:56 AM
DevourerofLove posted...
Well, let's look at who we have:

Big Daddy. Not represented in the most pleasing manner move-wise but I'd say he's a rather unique entry. BioShock is well-known and he's the icon.

Cole. We didn't need two, no, but a Cole wasn't bad either.

Radec is rather eh. His outfit also emphasizes conformity so that doesn't help, but so be it.

Dante's been on the PS consoles for some time. He's well-known. Sure, they used the new version of him for publicity and because Capcom hates the old Dante, but still not a bad choice.

Fat Princess is also rather so-so. The game was/is pretty big...for a time. Some people won't know her because of that.

Heihachi is a pretty well-known character. Jak too. And Kratos.

Nariko isn't as known, no. Her game didn't take off like GoW or anything. At the very least, she's an alternative to Kratos.

Nathan Drake is really well-known.

PaRappa and Dan are from cult classics. I'm not sure their games are really, really well-known and loved, but like Abe's games, they have a solid following even today.

Raiden is part publicity, part very long and complex game series character. Perhaps Snake's inclusion in Brawl also made them consider Raiden instead.

Ratchet's well-known.

Sackboy is, to some, the PS3 mascot. He's certainly known to many.

Sly and Sweet Tooth are well-known. Their series' have long-running fan loyalty.

Spike and Toro are better known in Japan than worldwide or the US, I'm sure. At least Ape Escape is still trickling along...kind of.

Emmett and Kat are admittedly kind of so-so. Most people don't seem to have recognized them but they do have different fighting styles.

I would say only about a fourth of the characters are really on the obscure side at all, if one pays attention to more than GoW/Uncharted/etc. I personally knew all 20 original characters.

Remember, at lot of them are from long and/or older series. It's better than only using characters from the top 10 games in the last 5 years, isn't it? Or a bunch from one series? Or side characters? And except in arguably one or two cases, they used one of, if not the, iconic character from each game/series.

Finn is...obscure at best, but I think people should take a breath and stop blowing things out of proportion. SuperBot did a decent job for what may become a series. SSB was far from perfect. Tekken. Mortal Kombat. Perfect? No. But pretty decent. If he's not added, it's not a big loss. If he is, it still isn't.

As far as the cast goes, a decent effort was made and hopefully DLC can fill in some of the gaps still apparent.

lol

Kat is the star of the best reason to own a PS Vita........are you kidding?
#70tacomangsxPosted 2/16/2013 10:09:02 AM
This game can't honestly become more of a PoS..can it?

I have no words for how terrible of an idea this could be. If it's real..my god they are really, REALLY trying to make sure this game fails even harder than it already has.

Are they trying to make the worst brawler in history? They already have the roster down pat.
---
PSN: lnterwebs
"This battlefield will do.." - Radec