Character Crisis

#1senbonzakura1Posted 2/16/2013 3:01:08 AM
So I pretty much only play 2v2 with my best friend and recently I've found our stuff to be more and more ineffective.

He plays Parappa/Raiden, and is there to gun for Lv2 supers and to chase down zoners if need be.

I, on the other hand, main Radec. I've been playing him since day 1 and rotate subs (Spike, Jak, some casual Drake and now Kat), but I'm finding it harder and harder to deal with pressure. Now that people know how to get around Radec (and i don't mean snipe spam) I feel he is really really weak. I have to roll around fishing for throws if anyone decent gets near me and its frustrating. So, I want to get serious with another character, hopefully with a long range/zoning style and would like some input.

Who goes well with Parappa/Raiden who doesn't fail to rushdown too horribly? I just dont "get" Emmett, but if he is the best option for a Radec player, I'll just suck it up and learn him. Also, tips for the suggested charaters, please?
---
Currently playing: Project Diva F, Zero Escape: VLR, Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Pokemon White 2 (DS)
#2KindertotenwaldPosted 2/16/2013 3:06:47 AM
senbonzakura1 posted...
So I pretty much only play 2v2 with my best friend and recently I've found our stuff to be more and more ineffective.

He plays Parappa/Raiden, and is there to gun for Lv2 supers and to chase down zoners if need be.

I, on the other hand, main Radec. I've been playing him since day 1 and rotate subs (Spike, Jak, some casual Drake and now Kat), but I'm finding it harder and harder to deal with pressure. Now that people know how to get around Radec (and i don't mean snipe spam) I feel he is really really weak. I have to roll around fishing for throws if anyone decent gets near me and its frustrating. So, I want to get serious with another character, hopefully with a long range/zoning style and would like some input.

Who goes well with Parappa/Raiden who doesn't fail to rushdown too horribly? I just dont "get" Emmett, but if he is the best option for a Radec player, I'll just suck it up and learn him. Also, tips for the suggested charaters, please?

Radec is all about pressure people play him with range in mind hence only 10 people being good with him.

But in anycase just pick Kratos/Drake as he goes well with Raiden are very easy to play and can do anything.
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#3Pink_a_DinkPosted 2/16/2013 3:07:26 AM
If you love Radec so much then Emmet does sound like your best choice. He's not too confusing once you get the hang of him. Never use Emmet's neutral circle it's just as bad as parappas boom box. Lay down turrets constantly one after another once they get destroyed, and keep both the shotgun and the launcher out so you can pick em up when necessary. If you wanna run around, take the shotgun and abuse the sticky grenades. If you wanna be a ranger like Radec, get the launcher, put a turret in front of you and constantly shoot rockets and toss grenades (grenades are especially helpful if you're in a high place above everyone else). Also remember if you hold forward triangle you can aim the launcher freely so that might come in handy. Always go for your level 3 because you can net 3 kills per person easily with it. Unless you'd rather go for level 1's, then get your shotgun, press forward square on someone and use your level 1. They can't avoid it. I also believe that hit confirm works with his launcher level 1, but people say its just a lag issue. Launcher level 1 is much better because it can pierce, it just doesn't have full range it stops eventually.
---
Been a member of GameFAQs for 2 years now, and am barely now putting up a sig lol.
#4KindertotenwaldPosted 2/16/2013 3:10:12 AM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
If you love Radec so much then Emmet does sound like your best choice. He's not too confusing once you get the hang of him. Never use Emmet's neutral circle it's just as bad as parappas boom box. Lay down turrets constantly one after another once they get destroyed, and keep both the shotgun and the launcher out so you can pick em up when necessary. If you wanna run around, take the shotgun and abuse the sticky grenades. If you wanna be a ranger like Radec, get the launcher, put a turret in front of you and constantly shoot rockets and toss grenades (grenades are especially helpful if you're in a high place above everyone else). Also remember if you hold forward triangle you can aim the launcher freely so that might come in handy. Always go for your level 3 because you can net 3 kills per person easily with it. Unless you'd rather go for level 1's, then get your shotgun, press forward square on someone and use your level 1. They can't avoid it. I also believe that hit confirm works with his launcher level 1, but people say its just a lag issue. Launcher level 1 is much better because it can pierce, it just doesn't have full range it stops eventually.

See what I mean?
---
PSASBR: Big Daddy
PSN: Omnisignificance
#5BluBlue4Posted 2/16/2013 3:30:05 AM(edited)
senbonzakura1 posted...

I could give you a very detailed write up on how to use Emmett, but I don't feel like typing all that up if you're not really into it.

EDIT.

I actually changed my mind and was typing stuff up, then I realized how tired I am. I'll likely just make a topic about this after some needed sleep.
---
For what's it worth, your warning saved me from losing 5 seconds. You're sacrifice will not have been in vain...! - Raycon