Game constantly crashes in Arcade

#1BloZCPosted 2/16/2013 3:57:30 PM
As the title says, I'm getting a lot of crashes in Arcade Mode, and maybe this can happen in other offline modes too. I didn't find any info about this problem.

During a fight, completely at random, the music will stop. When it happens, even level 3's won't make it start again, and the victory screen comes up with still no music. If I press Start at that time to go to the next match, the result is always that the game crashes and shows a black screen, and even bringing up the PS menu does not work, forcing me to shut off the console manually. This happened twice in Arcade Mode and it means I have to restart from scratch.

Other times the game crashes when I reach the credits. The text for the credits will never actually appear and the game becomes unresponsive, although the PS menu works as long as I'm not trying to do Quit Game, which crashes the whole thing for good. This actually happens to me pretty often and someone I know also had the same thing happen at least once. (At least the game saves before the credits...)

Does anyone have the same problem, and does anyone have a suggestion as to how to avoid it?
#2Kaiser499Posted 2/16/2013 4:08:25 PM
What model is your PS3?
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#3jump__0Posted 2/16/2013 4:17:59 PM
music crashing has been around since the patch prior to the one which added kat and Emmett and the rival stage.
The game crashing at credits has been around since the most recent patch
---
power of friendship one shots everything. - DarkHeroZX
#4BloZC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 4:32:48 PM
I have a slim PS3 320GB, if that is what you are asking.

jump__0, that would make a lot of sense, since it only started right before this patch. I guess there is no fixing it if I don't want to remove updates.
#5ShorydoukenPosted 2/16/2013 4:37:50 PM
jump__0 posted...
music crashing has been around since the patch prior to the one which added kat and Emmett and the rival stage.
The game crashing at credits has been around since the most recent patch

No, it happened to me before that patch. I rememeber, it was Nariko's story.

People don't seem to see me when I post this...
---
Trolling is the Humor/Anger of the internet. Without it, we would not have balance. Or something like that... Also, yes, I am y_not_zoidy
PSN:Luigifan20
#6SSBR10Posted 2/16/2013 4:52:59 PM
I got the same problems too. Hopefully, they'll fix this real soon.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#7BloZC(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 5:07:12 PM
It just crashed with no music again! With Nariko, too. So far I crashed once with Kratos (using his level 3) and twice with Nariko. I've only seen the crashes occur on levels with four players.

If this issue occurs to anyone else, make sure to include details, maybe there's a cause to this...