So why exactly did this game fail so hard?

#31IngSlayerPosted 2/16/2013 9:28:32 PM
Oh my god TC actually used a different word in place of "flop."
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#32ReadOnlyAccnt(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 9:45:36 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
I also would like to add it has to do with the fact that PSASBR isn't as pick up and play as friendly as Smash.

Now don't get me wrong. I believe Smash's competitive depth far exceeds PSASBR's. BUT the difference is 99% of Smash players are really bad (Smash has far more casual players) and it's far easier to kill people in Smash when they have no idea what they are doing.

As a result someone could jump in an FFA, know nothing except to mash the c-stick and probably still get a few lucky kills and feel satisfied. Or grab a lucky item and get a few kills that way.

PSASBR doesn't have this factor. Even at the lowest levels, you probably will have to know what you are doing to get any results. You can't just mash a button and get kills.

As a result I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of people tried out the beta, realized they couldn't win without thinking (as they could with their casual friends in Smash) and dismissed the system entirely.

I sort of disagree with this post. You can't just pick up brawl and smash the C stick and get kills. Unless your opponent is equally as "good" as you are.

Are they planning on putting snake in? I find it strange snake is in brawl but not in this. I feel like he would fit in well
---
Bleh
#33blaze19_0XPosted 2/16/2013 9:50:53 PM(edited)
ReadOnlyAccnt posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
I also would like to add it has to do with the fact that PSASBR isn't as pick up and play as friendly as Smash.

Now don't get me wrong. I believe Smash's competitive depth far exceeds PSASBR's. BUT the difference is 99% of Smash players are really bad (Smash has far more casual players) and it's far easier to kill people in Smash when they have no idea what they are doing.

As a result someone could jump in an FFA, know nothing except to mash the c-stick and probably still get a few lucky kills and feel satisfied. Or grab a lucky item and get a few kills that way.

PSASBR doesn't have this factor. Even at the lowest levels, you probably will have to know what you are doing to get any results. You can't just mash a button and get kills.

As a result I wouldn't be surprised if a ton of people tried out the beta, realized they couldn't win without thinking (as they could with their casual friends in Smash) and dismissed the system entirely.

I sort of disagree with this post. You can't just pick up brawl and smash the C stick and get kills. Unless your opponent is equally as "good" as you are.

Are they planning on putting snake in? I find it strange snake is in brawl but not in this. I feel like he would fit in well

You didn't understand my post at all.

I'm a competitive Brawl player. Of course I of all people know you can't c-stick smash and get easy kills on good players. I'm talking about your average Smash player who doesn't play competitively. They are all really, really awful to the point where this WILL work.

At the lowest level of Smash spamming smashes works because no one is good enough to punish it.

At the lowest level of PSASBR spamming kill moves STILL doesn't work because the design of the game doesn't allow it.
#34dadkwasherePosted 2/16/2013 9:50:06 PM
Roster and content were its biggest problems:
Fighting games nowadays at LEAST have 30 chsracters to choose from to fight with. Tekken, MVC3, Brawl, mortal kombat, and Soul calibur have either more or close to thirty in their most recent incarnations. PSAS doesn't deserve any leeway and in this competetive industry they have to be at the top of their game.

Content:leveling up and having unlockables was the right track, but seriously? After rank 50 you get nothing until 75 or 100? Why not add a gallery, a character bio viewer, minigames, game modes, a more engaging story mode, and extra game options? Fighters have ar least some degree of variety, this game has none.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#35BirdPwNz100Posted 2/16/2013 9:53:04 PM
I kinda wish this game would have played out like Brawl. Doing multiple things at once, and getting KOed in many different ways.
---
PSN: oBirdPwNz-
#36txbullyPosted 2/16/2013 10:15:01 PM
so if you cant kill with normal moves, what is the point of doing them?

forgive my ignorance, i'm stll debating getting a ps3 for this and one other game.
---
GT: stonefaceCal
I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.
#37txbullyPosted 2/16/2013 10:20:32 PM
txbully posted...

forgive my ignorance, i'm stll debating getting a ps3 for this and one other game.

can some answer this?
---
#38wwinterj25Posted 2/16/2013 10:26:02 PM(edited)
Jman1845 posted...
i feel like they know had bad their game is but instead of making it right the first time i think their going to try to fix the game with dlcs characters that are made much better better places and updates that keeps buffing up certain characters and nerfing other characters then characters that they buffed will need to be nerfed and vise versa

We will see what the next DLC characters bring. If they are not big names then I guess there is no hope and no hope for a sequel. It's a shame because despite sales I believe this game is a good base for what could be a good series. In a sequel more content and better characters would be needed but I do believe this could do for Sony what Smash did for Nintendo if they are willing to invest time, money and effort into it.

I hope this game has met Sonys expectations sales wise but we simply don't know if it has. This game was never going to get amazing sales for many reasons but I hope/believe Sony should still make a sequel. You are not going to build a mountain in a day.

txbully posted...

To build up AP to do your super. Think of it this way in fighting games you do normal moves to deplete a opponents life bar and then hit the finishing blow. This game is kinda the opposite. You build your "life bar" in order to hit the finishing blow to kill your opponents. Personally I like the super system but wouldn't mind a lifebar mode been added in a sequel or via patch that way everyone is happy.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#39txbullyPosted 2/16/2013 10:28:04 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
Jman1845 posted...
i feel like they know had bad their game is but instead of making it right the first time i think their going to try to fix the game with dlcs characters that are made much better better places and updates that keeps buffing up certain characters and nerfing other characters then characters that they buffed will need to be nerfed and vise versa

We will see what the next DLC characters bring. If they are not big names then I guess there is no hope and no hope for a sequel. It's a shame because despite sales I believe this game is a good base for what could be a good series. In a sequel more content and better characters would be needed but I do believe this could do for Sony what Smash did for Nintendo if they are willing to invest time, money and effort into it.

I hope this game has met Sonys expectations sales wise but we simply don't know if it has. This game was never going to get amazing sales for many reasons but I hope/believe Sony should still make a sequel. You are not going to build a mountain in a day.

txbully posted...

To build up AP to do your super. Think of it this way in fighting games you do normal moves to deplete a opponents life bar and then hit the finishing blow. This game is kinda the opposite. You build your "life bar" in order to hit the finishing blow to kill your opponents. Personally I like the super system but wouldn't mind a lifebar mode been added in a sequel or via patch that way everyone is happy.

thanks.

i see why that would be a turn off.
---
#40ChrisObamaPosted 2/17/2013 12:27:38 AM
Lol this game got a price drop in a month because it sucks. Tell me does brawl a 4 year old game is the same exact price as this game.
---
Ninjas claiming to be Jetplanes but they not, pay homage the founder in the house kid, a MILF hunter ask yo' mama, she can vouch.